Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

9 hours ago, Kurt said:

First armor subject I have done in a long time, actually the first plastic kit for that matter.  Not meant to be totally accurate.  M1A1 mostly, but added/deleted parts as I saw fit.  Still have to work on more stowage and find a crew that I like.  Any plastic crew figures I've seen are very soft on the details.  Will probably make a diorama of some sort in the future.  Maybe along with a JLTV and other figures.  Thanks for looking.

IMG_2498.JPG

IMG_2501.JPG

Nice and gritty just like the band on the barrel. Gonna have to pop on War Pigs for fun after seeing that

3 hours ago, MechTech said:

@pengbuzz Your design is looking COOL!!! Lots of thrusters and PLENTY of stabilizing surfaces 😁 Everything you need to go fast and go straight! - MT

Thanks! Admittedly, some of them are going to be solar panels (hence the blue; the paint needs to cure before the dark transparent blue overcoat). I plan on putting HUGE GUNS on this one!

3 hours ago, Thom said:

@pengbuzz That fighter is looking wicked! I don't know why, but it is giving me Last Starfighter vibes.🤩

Right? Probably the way the outer wings flare, similar to the Gunstar.

3 hours ago, Thom said:

Some pre-decal pics.

3qUi2na.jpeg

VHu8UP5.jpeg

IWpH7Dn.jpeg

UT5bYeP.jpeg

I can point out the flaws, but I won't!!😛

What flaws? :D That ship is looking pretty sweet, Thom!

On 10/13/2023 at 2:16 PM, Chronocidal said:

You know what's actually wild though?  This thing.

tes650019_0_1523845591.jpg?v=1523845591

I've seen at least four or five separate packaging versions of this same toy, all different companies.  It's absolutely a toy (in HMR scale, amusingly enough), with simple retractable gear, but it's honestly not a bad little display model.  I picked one up in 2003, in Disneyland of all places, for about $6.  I keep that one on my desk at work. ^_^ 

I picked up one of these from HLJ a few years ago when it was on a cheap sale. It currently sits on my YF-21 shelf as a sort of visual reference of the YF-21 inspirational origins.

No idea it goes all the way back 20 years across multiple branding, so it’s nice bit of trivia.

6 hours ago, MKT said:

I picked up one of these from HLJ a few years ago when it was on a cheap sale. It currently sits on my YF-21 shelf as a sort of visual reference of the YF-21 inspirational origins.

No idea it goes all the way back 20 years across multiple branding, so it’s nice bit of trivia.

Out of curiosity, do the wings on yours tip up towards the tips?  I don't know if that was on purpose, or just a molding/warping issue.

26 minutes ago, MKT said:

Looks pretty straight on my copy..

Interesting, it looks like there are multiple color variants as well.  I might have to pick up another one to check. :lol:  Not a huge investment, in any case.  I just wish they made a standard F-22A, instead of the YF-22 version.

3 hours ago, Thom said:

Wow, @pengbuzz that looks like a shipkiller!

Unfortunately, I had to remove the huge cannon barrel on the underside, as it was causing the fuselage to split. It still has a cannon under there, but the barrel now runs the length mostly of the underside aft of the cockpit:

100_00291.JPG.4b3955fb4c0dada054ca57ae6c3d33d3.JPG

Still a pretty big gun, all things considered! As for this ship's purpose: I was thinking more along the lines of destroying weaponized asteroids being fired at Earth by a malevolent colony world or some such thing.

6 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Unfortunately, I had to remove the huge cannon barrel on the underside, as it was causing the fuselage to split. It still has a cannon under there, but the barrel now runs the length mostly of the underside aft of the cockpit:

100_00291.JPG.4b3955fb4c0dada054ca57ae6c3d33d3.JPG

Still a pretty big gun, all things considered! As for this ship's purpose: I was thinking more along the lines of destroying weaponized asteroids being fired at Earth by a malevolent colony world or some such thing.

I definitely think it belongs in a classic arcade styled game. Nice work 

7 hours ago, Big s said:

I definitely think it belongs in a classic arcade styled game. Nice work 

Thanks! Galaga, anyone? :D

Seriously though, some UPDATES-

Did some detailing and a bit of decaling; also got the canopy permanently glued in, as well as a (temporary) base for it:

100_0030.JPG.cff4a834f5dc087b0a1b676693f9afc4.JPG100_0031.JPG.67710b9836e056becd705389f652f7fd.JPG

100_0032.JPG.360119b278d81a2b6be2f1ab7f01d380.JPG100_0033.JPG.f5f8cf40b73fdc3391f4b22997695f10.JPG

100_0034.JPG.b7035f1d739a35ee435cf235dbf68a83.JPG

(Would you believe the "guns" are actually masts  from an old Revell Mayflower model kit? O.o )

Stay tuned folks...

36 minutes ago, Thom said:

And Asuka is DUN!! (well, except for her air wing...)

8rAC8mA.jpg

apa5Lpc.jpg

KOqYX6j.jpg

CZRg39G.jpg

5WBEVhm.jpg

y9TfOJi.jpg

FWBmQQh.jpg

So she is done and I just need to paint the stand and do a small air wing, consisting of some planes from this kit as well as the Yamato kit.

zUjMdkz.jpg

Thom

Nice work Thom! That lady looks ready for an evening out (blasting Gamilas ships that is!). 👍

Speaking of "done":

100_0038.JPG.ef7ca65cfcc29bcd84ab875f5370868b.JPG100_0039.JPG.35d362c6c479b776bdd31138e3709df3.JPG

BTW: you used the same wooden plaque I did! :lol:

Edited by pengbuzz

40 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Nice work Thom! That lady looks ready for an evening out (blasting Gamilas ships that is!). 👍

Speaking of "done":

100_0038.JPG.ef7ca65cfcc29bcd84ab875f5370868b.JPG100_0039.JPG.35d362c6c479b776bdd31138e3709df3.JPG

BTW: you used the same wooden plaque I did! :lol:

You should crumple up a brown recycled napkin and put it on a stand in front of it and do a shooting effect for fun