Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Yes, this is the WF kit, 1/20 Madox with Gau12. I haven't seen the anime but always love the design since I red Entertainment bible 19 dedicated to Kenichi Sonada artworks part 2. I wish one day it will come in a much larger scale, such a sweet mecha. It doesn't come a pilot fig.

I love gunhead too and plan to get the koto kit soon ;)

And Gasaraki is awesome.

Finished up my "Falcon Junkyard" parts and put them around Docking Bay 94...just waiting on my acrylic cover to come now. Today I learned airbrushing Flat Coat Sealer pretty much washes off fine pastel chalk weathering...had to start over pretty much...LOL?? p.s..had to take most of these with the flash on..the weathering colors don't look that bright in normal room lighting!

post-11393-0-81883800-1365546208_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-01521500-1365546223_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-76608400-1365546232_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-54770900-1365546241_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-85933200-1365546253_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-11611600-1365546262_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-70261500-1365546271_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-82605300-1365546280_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-29027700-1365546289_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-30650100-1365546299_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-15001700-1365546305_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Very nice duymon, is this the bandai kit? I've been meaning to look into these...

As of right now, Bandai is the only game in town for VF-25 kits. :(

But that will change this summer!!!! git.gif

Edited by Jefuemon

Very nice duymon, is this the bandai kit? I've been meaning to look into these...

Thanks, it's a fun build for 3-4 hours on my off-nights when all I have is a few bottles of paint and a hobby knife haha.

Def the Bandai kit. It goes together pretty well but the issue is the decals. The yellow and grey decals are super weak and need to have some proper white backing to make them look good. When I get home I'll need to do some touch-up and fill in the white areas where the decals didn't cover up the yellow parts. At that point minus well paint all the yellow myself on the fins eh? lol

Hasegawa is gonna put these suckers out as well too, but I'm pretty satisfied with the amount of detail already on the 6-yr old kits from Bandai.

Finished up my "Falcon Junkyard" parts and put them around Docking Bay 94...just waiting on my acrylic cover to come now. Today I learned airbrushing Flat Coat Sealer pretty much washes off fine pastel chalk weathering...had to start over pretty much...LOL?? p.s..had to take most of these with the flash on..the weathering colors don't look that bright in normal room lighting!

THIS looks fantastic - nice work...

Derex and Duymon, those came out great!

Cain, you gotta keep us up on your build. I saw MADDOX over 20 years ago and loved it! They need to mass produce that kit in styrene. You've got to see the movie, but a funny pose would be to have the mecha holding a bowl of Ramen in the manipulator and the hand holding chopsticks shoving a shrimp into the pilot's mouth.- MT

That Madox kit sure brings back memories. I remember a similar kit from Appleseed - a Landmate with the hatch open and the sexy pilot inside. It was the first garage kit I ever saw IRL, and I was blown away. I have never been able to find one...

Dang! 1/12 is a good scale!

Yeah I remember that Landmate kit. I wanted it too. The first one I saw was the Alpha Ghost in the Shell. I bought a pretty good recast then I got the original and I never built the kit. I wish I can find the parts so I can paint it now.

If you guys want to do castings of this (I'm sure you'll get it working), get the brass powder to dust the mold with. When you buff it out, it will look and shine like brass. I stuck some examples in this thread last year- I think. I'm wondering if this is like the Bofors rounds that look like a casing, but the round is inside of it and not externally visible. Not to be confused with the consumable rounds wich are caseless.. - MT

Derex and Duymon, those came out great!

Cain, you gotta keep us up on your build. I saw MADDOX over 20 years ago and loved it! They need to mass produce that kit in styrene. You've got to see the movie, but a funny pose would be to have the mecha holding a bowl of Ramen in the manipulator and the hand holding chopsticks shoving a shrimp into the pilot's mouth.- MT

Ok, I will try to post WIP, promise. I just finish the back, I should be able to post a photo tomorrow.

I've seen some extract of the anime, the kind of 80's stuff I like :)

I will definetly catch the DVD

That would be one hell of a pose lol

Seeing Kotobukiya's recent history of classic mecha designs, I wouldn't rule out a Madox IP kit.

Now that would be just perfect ^^

Cain, there was a 1/12 vinyl kit of the Madox (even with pilot), but I guess it's quite a rarity:

Madox_Model.jpg

i haven't seen one of those in at least ten years now... :o

Edited by Shaorin