Official 1/100 BANDAI Hi-Metal VF-1S Valkyrie with Strike Parts

Actar

Well...as soon as I get dressed, I'll go down to my storage space and pull out the 1J to fiddle with it.

The best I could come up with was just a bit of scotch tape looped around itself so it's universally sticky 360 degrees around. Place that between the battroid back and the backpack and hey-presto - locks in place. I treat the scotch tape as just another of the "swappable" parts :lol:

I'd be scared of using super glue on it...

Pete

One foot on my VF-1S is nice and tight, but the other was loose enough that I could pop it off the ball joint without much trouble. What I did was just take the foot off, put a single drop of super glue inside the joint cup, then I reattached it to the ball and just wiggled the foot around til the super glue dried. Worked perfectly, glued foot is just as good (if not a bit better) than the other one.

Yup. Grab your ankles and hold on tight. Poppa Ban Dai is comin' over.

The combined price for these, plus markup by whomever gets it to me, has now officially put this line out of reach for me. The thing is, I can't just buy one Vf-1A. I'm gonna want them all. So unless there is a massive dry spell in toy from now until Summer, I am officially tapped out of this line. At this point, I am debating cancelling my Roy I have on backorder precicely because there would be no point for me if I couldn't have the whole Skull Squad. I think what I'll do is focus on getting the TV Max and Kakizaki 1/60 VF-1As instead.

Edited by pud333

Do what I did.... refuse to buy anything not shown in the Macross TV series. It makes collecting every line a whole lot more palatable. Can't afford to buy a joke machine VF-1A Max? No worries, it wasn't in the TV show. Can't afford a chunky monkey VT-1? No worries, it's not in the TV show. Can't afford to buy that new SDF-1 from Yamato? It's cool, it wasn't in the TV show. Your wallet will love you... unless you cheat all the time like I do :).

Do what I did.... refuse to buy anything not shown in the Macross TV series. It makes collecting every line a whole lot more palatable. Can't afford to buy a joke machine VF-1A Max? No worries, it wasn't in the TV show. Can't afford a chunky monkey VT-1? No worries, it's not in the TV show. Can't afford to buy that new SDF-1 from Yamato? It's cool, it wasn't in the TV show. Your wallet will love you... unless you cheat all the time like I do :).

YOU just saved me a fortune! :lol:

That's such a good way to do things. I may have to copy that.

Or become like me and be a scale-size snob. ^_^

1/60 scale? Blah, nobody uses that scale size except Yamato and Bandai. What good is a Valkyrie toy if I can't display it alongside a F-14 or F-15 in the same scale? No more Yamatos and Bandai DX toys for me. Hi-Metals? No more for me as I found out they aren't actually in 1/100 scale.

No 1/60 Yamato, no Bandai DX, and no Hi-Metals for me. At least for now. I'll change my mind quickly if a VF-2SS is released in one of those lines. :lol:

Meanwhile, my money is going towards Hasegawa/Bandai kits in 1/72 scale (and maybe a few other kits in 1/100 scale).

Edited by Vifam7

Or become like me and be a scale-size snob. ^_^

1/60 scale? Blah, nobody uses that scale size except Yamato and Bandai. What good is a Valkyrie toy if I can't display it alongside a F-14 or F-15 in the same scale? No more Yamatos and Bandai DX toys for me. Hi-Metals? No more for me as I found out they aren't actually in 1/100 scale.

No 1/60 Yamato, no Bandai DX, and no Hi-Metals for me. At least for now. I'll change my mind quickly if a VF-2SS is released in one of those lines. :lol:

Meanwhile, my money is going towards Hasegawa/Bandai kits in 1/72 scale (and maybe a few other kits in 1/100 scale).

Those kits are pretty amazing.

I prefer the 1:48 Yamatos. Love the big scale. Easier for my big, clumsy hands to hold. :)

The pictures of those kits look great - but they are not transformable, which kind of makes me unwilling to go that route.

I ultimately opted for mixed Macross love. I have some VF-100s (Roy, Hikaru, Basara and Docker) and 1/60S (VF-22S Max and Milia & VT-1 from DYRL). I also have a VF-25S Ozma in the 1:72 scale.

The ony line I remained consistently dedicated to are the MG 1/100 Gundams - perfect.

I like the VF-100s a lot; particularly because they are compatible with my MG Gundams - but since there aren't enough moulds/decos in the VF-100 line and Yamato are detail kings; I also keep a couple of those.

Still haven't figured out what to do about TFs - I have ZERO - although I am constantly thinking what to do about that...

Pete

The pictures of those kits look great - but they are not transformable, which kind of makes me unwilling to go that route.

I ultimately opted for mixed Macross love. I have some VF-100s (Roy, Hikaru, Basara and Docker) and 1/60S (VF-22S Max and Milia & VT-1 from DYRL). I also have a VF-25S Ozma in the 1:72 scale.

The ony line I remained consistently dedicated to are the MG 1/100 Gundams - perfect.

I like the VF-100s a lot; particularly because they are compatible with my MG Gundams - but since there aren't enough moulds/decos in the VF-100 line and Yamato are detail kings; I also keep a couple of those.

Still haven't figured out what to do about TFs - I have ZERO - although I am constantly thinking what to do about that...

Pete

If you could only collect one TF line, I'd go with the Takara-Tomy Masterpiece line. One of the greatest toy lines of all time. Each figure is better than the previous release.

I'm thinking SDF-1 this week then I'm not sure which post for next week... updated Hi-Metal review to include Roy's may be probable as it'd be an easier post and I'm working on a few harder ones right now that may take more than a week to put together.

I'm thinking SDF-1 this week then I'm not sure which post for next week... updated Hi-Metal review to include Roy's may be probable as it'd be an easier post and I'm working on a few harder ones right now that may take more than a week to put together.

Can't wait.

Yamato and BanDai need to give you some commissions. Seriously.

Can't wait.

Yamato and BanDai need to give you some commissions. Seriously.

Yeah man. They need to throw him a free toy now and then at the very least. It's like sites like CollectionDX. I buy stuff based mostly off the review of others. It's very rare when I buy a Macross toy at first sight.

Ha, seriously, if anybody wants to start giving me free stuff I'll accept it! :D Honestly though, I think that might be part of why my SDf-1 review wasn't quite as "OMG I'm touching an SDF-1 toy!" as other peoples... 'cause I also had the burn on my credit card to weigh it against. it might be tricky to keep that same outlook if I wasn't spending my scratch on these toys... it's a challenge I would love to have to take on :)

I'd pick your SDF-1 review over CDX's, anytime

Well done!

and why does CDX give all that credit to Angolz anyway, are they getting free stuff from them? Last time I ordered from them I got a broken in two toy and was asked to pay for shipping back to HK to get a replacement... no more Angolz, thanks

I'd pick your SDF-1 review over CDX's, anytime

Well done!

and why does CDX give all that credit to Angolz anyway, are they getting free stuff from them? Last time I ordered from them I got a broken in two toy and was asked to pay for shipping back to HK to get a replacement... no more Angolz, thanks

Yeah man, the reviews are better than CDX usually. I like how the reviews are updated with news of breaks or QC issues, with comparison pictures for size, etc.

As for Angolz, I believe they sponsor CDX and give them some free stuff to review sometimes. Not 100% sure about the latter, but I think Angolz helps them out a lot with broken stuff, etc. There are a few times when they'll mention the got the toy and something broke off, only to get a replacement from the dude at Angolz. I've only ordered one thing from Angolz and it went fine.

@Tking22 When you get them in a few months, please post some pictures of the whole skull squad.

Edited by pud333

:D Honestly though, I think that might be part of why my SDf-1 review wasn't quite as "OMG I'm touching an SDF-1 toy!" as other peoples... 'cause I also had the burn on my credit card to weigh it against. it might be tricky to keep that same outlook if I wasn't spending my scratch on these toys...

This is a very good point that I think many of us are not always conscious of. I know I'm generally far more pleased with an item if I know it has much more value than the sum I paid for it. With recent Macross stuff, however, that really is not the case.

Which reminds me: I am still kicking myself for missing out on those 2000yen Weathered Destroid Defenders last weekend... :angry:

Well I got the VF-1S Strike, and I gotta say I'm quite impressed. Didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. Shame they are making these things so hard to get though with all the exclusives. Hope they still make the 21 and 19.

Chris

EDIT: Forgot to ask, where are you guys getting the U.N Spacy sticker/decal for the legs and leg armor. Really sucks that Bandai didn't tampo them on.

Edited by Dobber

Well I got the VF-1S Strike, and I gotta say I'm quite impressed. Didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. Shame they are making these things so hard to get though with all the exclusives. Hope they still make the 21 and 19.

Chris

EDIT: Forgot to ask, where are you guys getting the U.N Spacy sticker/decal for the legs and leg armor. Really sucks that Bandai didn't tampo them on.

Everyone uses toynami 1/100 decals, I had a couple in the past that broke but I never applied the decals so I used those for my Max and Hikaru 1J's, and my strike 1S.

Everyone uses toynami 1/100 decals, I had a couple in the past that broke but I never applied the decals so I used those for my Max and Hikaru 1J's, and my strike 1S.

That's a pretty smart idea! I may have a few of the old water slide decals from some old 1/100 kits I use to have. I bet those would work pretty good too.