Official 1/100 BANDAI Hi-Metal VF-1S Valkyrie with Strike Parts

Actar

I should not say this, but I hope it's not going to be an exclusive!!!

Excellent... now I know who to blame if it is... muah haha.

[sarcasm] OMG If this doesn't have individually removeable missiles on the super parts I am so not going to buy this partsforming piece of crap. [/sarcasm]

Officially my early Christmas present! Hoping that the strike pack is removable... And is my eyes deceiving me? The gunpod in that fighter mode seems to be positioned lower than the VF-1J, making it pointing straight instead of nose pointing. Seems those slits are clear indication of the strike pack.

Hell yeah I love my hi-metal VF-1J, skipped on I really regret not buying those fugly absolutely gorgeous VF-19's so I gotta pick me up one of these, and here's to hoping they release some fast packs for our Hikaru's!!!!

There, corrected for you. :p

Graham

Big pic! Thanks... Worried about the backpack being loose if it's not locked with the extra strike pack weight. So it's either the backpack going to weigh very very light or Bandai put an extra locking mechanism on the VF-1S (please be the latter).

Edited by Midi_Amp

Umm... silly question, but what's the hot pink monster I see underneath the VF-1S in that ad?

And back on topic, Wewt! I doubt I'll get many hi-metal VF-1s (if any), but I might pick this one up.

The backpack connection does worry me a bit, but I'm impressed they actually went the extra mile and put the booster internals in there.

Edited by Chronocidal

Based on the pictures, it seems that the strike 1S lacks the standard stickers/tampo markings that we are all so used to: eg the Jolly rogers on the strike packs, the "UN SPACY" on the legs and the "001" on the nose cone.

Note that the 1/100 1J had absolutely no stickers or decals except for the macross kite insignia on the nose and wings

I seems unreasonable to me to expect "no-step" "beware of blast" and "intake" tampo printing or decals of any kind on a 1/100 valk toy. They'd be microscopic.

yeah, but the big fat "001" on the side of the nose and the Jolly Roger on the tails should be a given.

also, maybe it's just the picture but the boosters look like they point out and up really dramatically.