Official 1/100 BANDAI Hi-Metal VF-1S Valkyrie with Strike Parts

Actar

after weeks of drooling in this thread.. finally got mine :)

since its not right to compare it to yamato, im posting it side by side with toynami.

my gripe is, im not happy with the metal feet ball swivel.. its too loose for my taste.

IMG_7726.jpg

used a 1/55 bandai vf-1s UN SPACY sticker decal.. fits just rite, its just not complete with out it.

IMG_7727.jpg

IMG_7722.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

IMG_7727c.jpg

IMG_7723.jpg

IMG_7724.jpg

IMG_7727b.jpg

IMG_7727d.jpg

my gripe is, im not happy with the metal feet ball swivel.. its too loose for my taste.

Yeah, I appreciate what Bandai was trying to do, but the extra movement is not necessary for a toy like this.

Yeah, I appreciate what Bandai was trying to do, but the extra movement is not necessary for a toy like this.

they should have opted to use plastic to plastic ball joint combination.. its a different case if its metal to metal "friction" combination.

well we cant have a perfect toy if we are a perfectionist.. just the same, ill give bandai 95 score on this one..considering the size and attention to detail.

just my .001 cents :)

ill still wait for jenius to put up his review on anymoon.

after weeks of drooling in this thread.. finally got mine :)

nice, i am getting one too, should arrive in 2 weeks, cant wait to receive it.

i think they used the ball swivel like the ones in the vf-25s.

gonna need some additional friction added to be stiffer.

Sorry, I opted to have my Hi-Metal ship with my Yamato SDF-1 to save on some shipping so it's going to be a while before I have it in hand to toy around with.

no apologies, take all the time you need, reviewing and posing and taking pictures of toys takes such dedication and alotted time. Im one of your avid followers and much thankful of your site.

our difference and thankful for that matter, i live in a place that i can just walk the street and buy these toys (without shipping and handling mambo jumbos), unlike in your case.. you order em online and wait for shipping.

Edited by JET7

erratum:

the ball joint on the feet is plastic, so its plastic to plastic connection but still is very loose, putting a very minimal amount of super glue fixes the looseness just be wary of the hazing effect, so i suggest just a itsy bitsy drop on the canal of the balljoint.

I was browsing this thread last night with my [new]girlfriend nearby, and was pleased to see the last few pictures of Fokker's Hi-Metal VF-1S. She took a quick glance and proclaims "those photos look like they were taken by amateurs!" :-)

I tried to explain to her they they WERE taken by amateurs - that we like taking pictures of our collections.

She says "why"

I say "for the same reason I like taking pictures of you sweetheart" :-)

Anyways - nice pics guys!! :-)

Pete

Got mine today, loving the attention to detail and the removable engine hatch is simply brilliant. I'm hoping for future release of YF-22 & YF-19 in this line, but I think hoping something more down to earth like GBP-1S is more doable. Come on Bandai, milk that VF-1 mold like that other toy company.

The last thing I heard was M&M are gonna be exclusive so go figure.

Yeah, M&M and even the DYRL VF-1A are all web exclusives I think, which will put it out of reach for most collectors outside of Japan. It's almost like they got cold feet and pulled back from wide release or something. I don't know. at any rate, this line is looking like it's more for people who are diehard fans that have lots of expendeble income to spend on such a small toy.

Yeah, M&M and even the DYRL VF-1A are all web exclusives I think, which will put it out of reach for most collectors outside of Japan. It's almost like they got cold feet and pulled back from wide release or something. I don't know. at any rate, this line is looking like it's more for people who are diehard fans that have lots of expendeble income to spend on such a small toy.

I'm choosing to look at it that Bandai and even yamato realize they're in danger of flooding the market with Macross products. I think when the next movie comes out the hi-metal line will get a resurgence as well as it gets pulled along behind the DX line up.

You mean like the majority of Macrossworld? :D

With the market saturated with VF-1's (and it's not just the Yamato toys - there's the model kits too), it makes sense to release only the 2 main liveries that the average fan associates Valkyries with. In general though Bandai's "Collector's Division" takes a slower pace with product lines that's not named S.H. Figuarts Kamen Rider or Robot Damashii Side MS. Their "Hobby Division" has a faster pace but mainly focuses on plastic models. For better or for worse, the Macross Hi-Metal line falls under the Collector's Division.

Edited by Vifam7

You mean like the majority of Macrossworld? :D

With the market saturated with VF-1's (and it's not just the Yamato toys - there's the model kits too), it makes sense to release only the 2 main liveries that the average fan associates Valkyries with. In general though Bandai's "Collector's Division" takes a slower pace with product lines that's not named S.H. Figuarts Kamen Rider or Robot Damashii Side MS. Their "Hobby Division" has a faster pace but mainly focuses on plastic models. For better or for worse, the Macross Hi-Metal line falls under the Collector's Division.

Ha! Yes, the majority of Macrossworld for sure. :lol:

At the end of the day, if a collector really wants these, they'll pay for them. They're great toys, and I admit I've been handling my VF-1J Hi Metal more and more these past few days.