Official 1/100 BANDAI Hi-Metal VF-1S Valkyrie with Strike Parts

Actar

wait, what? I thought the 1s was a regular release, or are you saying there's an exclusive version as well?

The Roy Fokker VF-1S is a regular release. The banner at Tamashii is a hint to the next release being a Tamashii shop exclusive. Most likely a DYRL VF-1A or VF-1S Hikaru.

Edited by Vifam7

With the $ being what it is right now everything is like 20% more expensive than it was two years ago :(. Bad economy = more exclusives... from both Bandai and Yamato (and just about everyone else). I honestly wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Yamato shutters its doors before the VF-19Kai is released... then when Bandai is the only show left we'll really get to hear the wail of fans trying to get exclusives. Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

It's not even the Internet, I think I stoked both rumors out of my abundance of gloom. In my defense though, my gloom comes on breezes from the Far East... via the Internet. It's all just rumors but I've heard Yamato is hurting and prospects of the Hi-Metal line expanding to MacPlus are slim. These rumors always heat up when the Yen kicks butt.

EDIT - PUD, I'm pretty sure ff95 is imputing in the extra costs foreigners would have to pay to get the item shipped twice and have to pay a service charge to someone for getting the exclusive.

Edited by jenius

It's not even the Internet, I think I stoked both rumors out of my abundance of gloom. In my defense though, my gloom comes on breezes from the Far East... via the Internet. It's all just rumors but I've heard Yamato is hurting and prospects of the Hi-Metal line expanding to MacPlus are slim. These rumors always heat up when the Yen kicks butt.

EDIT - PUD, I'm pretty sure ff95 is imputing in the extra costs foreigners would have to pay to get the item shipped twice and have to pay a service charge to someone for getting the exclusive.

I heard Yamato's CEO was going to visit North America to try and open up the market and he's going to spend 200 million dollars a day! ZOMG!

I heard from a reliable source that they weren't going to ever make a Macross toy...

oh wait... they did and another one is coming out around Xmas.

Yamato's main income isn't coming from Macross, they sell a ton of those 18' dolls. That's what I heard (It's ALL hearsay). But let's face it. Does Macross merchandise depend on the economy or the fact that it's core fandom is getting old and need to focus their attention of something other than? There's a ton of money being spent on toys and film related merchandise. The reason they're doing so much exclusives is not the economy (as bad as it is) but it's because of interest and lack there of.

The lack of interest is related to (compounded by) the economy. The barometer for interest would be the expected sales figures. In an environment of a strengthening Yen export heavy businesses get more conservative so expected sales figures are immediately reduced. So, you would say expected sales were X, now they're 80% of X, and Y is the minimum number of sales to warrant mass release, the chances of X exceeding Y are slimmer. When you add in how limited the Macross audience already is then yep, lots of exclusives.

Naughty girl statuettes > than Macross in terms of profitability any day.

The ad banner thing says something like "Skull leader calling wingmen..." So I believe it means the H/M/K 1A's.

Yes, I am referring to the price we foreigners have to pay. Of course it is impossible to see the yen MSRP of a Hi-Metal goes higher than a Yamato 1/60... The web exclusives hurt little (still hurt because you don't buy things at MSRP locally!) Japanese toy collectors.

I will see the Roy 1S to decide whether I would bite. I think the Hi-Metal VF-1's are okay, but not enough to collect the whole line again if they are web exclusive.

"Related and compounded by" but not the sole reason. You're negating way to many factors... saturated market, the fact that most people consider their collection complete or close to. If sales are down 80%, it's not to say that you can blame it all on the economy. Even if the economy is good, how much can you keep people interested in the same products or becoming interested in anything other than the few VFs that they want? Just because 100 people on Macrossworld want a VF-4 Lightning doesn't mean you can sell 15000 pieces of it. Macross had it's boom. It was gonna die off sooner or later. But to suggest the impending demise of a company and create some drama, you wouldn't say that that's a bit much of a chicken little attitude? And my point of saying that Yamato has other merchandise doing well is not to compare to Macross... it's to say that there's other info out there and everyone should just relax and enjoy it for as long as they can. Unless you guys want to listen to one little blurb and start stocking up on Macross merchandise just incase Yamato ceases to exist and we can sell each other 1/48s for 2K each. And BTW... I never mentioned naughty girl statuettes.

I will see the Roy 1S to decide whether I would bite. I think the Hi-Metal VF-1's are okay, but not enough to collect the whole line again if they are web exclusive.

I agree. I love the 1/100s but I think that there's enough 1/60s already produced to tell me that that's the line to collect. Bandai is mining a mountain that Yamato has already plundered. I'm close to being done and everything else that I want won't be made by these companies. I can actually justify buying the expensive Yamato kits because I'm buying way less than I used to. If they made a 1/60 Glaug, I'll use the money that I'm not using for the ridiculous amount of 1/48s that I used to buy. But if Bandai somehow comes out with 1/100 Regults Glaug, Qraus and Nousjadeul-Gers... I'd have to strongly consider buying all the 1/100 VF-1s they release.

I agree. I love the 1/100s but I think that there's enough 1/60s already produced to tell me that that's the line to collect. Bandai is mining a mountain that Yamato has already plundered.

Yet Bandai constantly releases new versions of the RX-78 Gundam, Zeta, Zaku etc. in toy/model kit form in multiple scales and formats. And how many different Mazinger, Getter Robo, and Evangelion toys have been made by a multitude of companies? I've lost count. Yet each time, it seems the dedicated fans lineup. I hate to think that the 1/60 Yamato series is the last and final say for Macross toys.

Edited by Vifam7

Yet Bandai constantly releases new versions of the RX-78 Gundam, Zeta, Zaku etc. in toy/model kit form in multiple scales and formats. And how many different Mazinger, Getter Robo, and Evangelion toys have been made by a multitude of companies? I've lost count. Yet each time, it seems the dedicated fans lineup. I hate to think that the 1/60 Yamato series is the last and final say for Macross toys.

I meant for myself. But like I said... there's ways of convincing me... :p

nice articulation on this strike. I hope this means that there's going to be a super ostrich up next :) this is actually a better price than getting an older 1/55 strike from the bay. but I know 1/100 is kinda small. I have 1/55 super sitting on the nightstand next to me as I type this so I feel pretty evil :D edit, vf-1s foker boxed right next to it :) double evil feeling.

Edited by amptor

I don't think it is. I just think that's the line that most Macross toy collectors regard as having raised the bar for perfect transformation Macross toylines, because there just isn't much else out there when it comes to Macross. It also does not hurt that Yamato has the 1/60 license for most of the popular VF's we've seen. The only line that comes close is the VF HI METAL line due to not favoring stylistic exaggeration(Revoltech), and for having minimal parts-swapping(and perfect transformation for the most part). Yet VF HI METAL is in a significantly smaller scale.

If Bandai obtains licenses for other valks in demand for 1/60 scale, gets FLEX and/or Hobby Division designers to design said toys, I think fans will be more receptive to variety. Stuff like the VF-171, VF-171EX. If they want to use the VF HI METAL VF-1 as a base, make a scaled up version at 1/72 as an SCHMpro VF-1 with retractable landing gear/internal heat shield, I would most likely like it. I wouldn't mind that at all, I don't really get tired of the RX-78 and VF-1.

I still think the VF HI METAL has the potential to do okay. I might preorder Roy's Strike.

The only thing I like about bandai is the boxart. I am almost done with VF-1 from Yamato except the upcoming VF-X and angelbird, bandai is so late in the game. It's a good start for new collector to begin with. I like the idea of bundle packaging.

I think no fast packs is probably a good thing... you don't have to have them shipped twice and don't have to buy them if you don't want them (if it was a regular release I'd like to see them bundled). The good news about getting all three at the same time is you can probably pay a smaller finders fee and less for shipping. I'm thrilled I don't collect DYRL specific paint schemes :)

So to clarify, the bundle pack consist only of the three -1As and is web-exclusive?

Regardless, all I ask is that DYRL Hikaru VF-1S doesn't become web-exclusive.

I just want to be able to order that one freely from one of the online shops.

It's not a bundle... You can order any of the 1As individually, if that's what you mean. :)

so... that sleeve you mentioned that comes with the Kaki... is that the one to bundle all 3 (or 4) boxes together?

You have to bundle it yourself. :D 4 boxes. Yes, it serves as something to lure you to get the Kakizaki too. They must know something about Kaki sales in the past.

"Related and compounded by" but not the sole reason. You're negating way to many factors... saturated market, the fact that most people consider their collection complete or close to. If sales are down 80%, it's not to say that you can blame it all on the economy. Even if the economy is good, how much can you keep people interested in the same products or becoming interested in anything other than the few VFs that they want? Just because 100 people on Macrossworld want a VF-4 Lightning doesn't mean you can sell 15000 pieces of it. Macross had it's boom. It was gonna die off sooner or later. But to suggest the impending demise of a company and create some drama, you wouldn't say that that's a bit much of a chicken little attitude? And my point of saying that Yamato has other merchandise doing well is not to compare to Macross... it's to say that there's other info out there and everyone should just relax and enjoy it for as long as they can. Unless you guys want to listen to one little blurb and start stocking up on Macross merchandise just incase Yamato ceases to exist and we can sell each other 1/48s for 2K each. And BTW... I never mentioned naughty girl statuettes.

I thought we only just entered the "true" golden age of Macross (since the last 2 years or so), and what a ride, all coming to an end? :p

Bah, i've been in catch up mode for the last year and a half, they were releasing way too much too close to each other, talk about saturated.

Shoji will probably bring out a new ova/series in the next few years, wonder if he will choose bandai agaiin, or yamato perchance.

I want a VF-4... 2012 we got a full year and a half. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie