Better than Macross (in my opinion).

Daishi3500

Kill Bill :ph34r:

Dont comment, agree or contridict me unless you have seen both. <_<

This will best one of the best movies of all time, surpassing QT's other films even Pulp Fiction. B))

What can I say, even most other NEW movies are not in its league.

Matrix had a killer opening bad middle and even worse ending. Kinda like getting drunk, having bad sex, and finding out it was a he-she when you wake up.

Elf is great but still not close.

Lord of the rings comes into comparison with this movie but....

Master and comander is also great but still not close.

Cat in the hat? someone else has to rate this movie, (have not seen it but it looks horriable :) )

Now as for the anime lovers, Kill Bill does have anime in it so it wouldnt be fair to lean towards macross because of that. (2nd one is rumored to have a lot of anime making up the story line). When you see KB-Kill Bill notice how well the movie is directed you cannot honestly say Macross was. The director QT- Quentin Tarantino KNOWS his story line, the way he shows flashbacks as part of the movie is amazing, never confusing. (Dont want to ruin more of the movie). Watch it and judge it for yourself.

Now I know there are radicalists who would support Macross to the ends of the earth, so I wont bother with you freaks. For the other people dont favor any side and watch both.

DONT GET ME WRONG

I love Macross :D and I always will, but compared to KB... ;)

yeah, your comparing a classic anime to a live action movie. Big difference. Now if you were to compare Kill Bill to like Matrix or even Elf, then ok, I would agree. But not Macross.

Dont get me started with whats wrong with you Drew. <_<

;) BTW your drawings suck you have a lot of balls posting em up.

Thats the only good thing about you, bravery, or is it stupidity. :blink:

...interesting. :huh: I hope you're joking, I mean, after all, seeing as most people agree, not just to be nice, that his stuff is really good, but also that that comment lost you alot of credibility. <_<

I agree. There was no reason for you act like that. I happen to enjoy Drew's work but that's not the point. He said nothing for you to go off on him like that. Its true the movie Kill Bill and Macross are two different things, so different that you can't even compare them. I really like the new report feature. Makes things so much easier.

:huh::huh::unsure:

My feelings exactly.

Kill Bill was fun to watch, but it was about as deep as a Mr Turtle pool. Once you come down from the giddy high of the fights, most people realize that Bill was pretty vapid. At it's worst, it's masturbatorily self-indulgent. Definitely NOT Tarantino's best work.

Macross: Transforming jets.

Kill Bill: None.

The winner, and still champion, is ... MACROSS!

Wait, wait, wait.... Kill Bill has: Detaching Limbs, Flying Bodies and a demure Japanese schoolgirl who transforms into a psycho killing machine! :-)

Enjoyed the flick but it's not a classic YET.

And that attack on Drew is uncalled for, daishi3500.

Edited by drifand

??????

First off, Compairing Kill Bill to Macross is like comparing Led Zepplin to The Talking Heads. Two different things.

Second off. For no apparant reason, you've harshly insulted my albino brother. That's not right, and the next time you post here, please make sure the chemicals have worn off in your body. Thanx.

Wait, wait, wait.... Kill Bill has: Detaching Limbs, Flying Bodies and a demure Japanese schoolgirl who transforms into a psycho killing machine! :-)

But, but... transforming JETS!

But, but... transforming JETS!

Cute, Demented Japanese schoolgirl with 500 lb iron spiked ball and chain or Cute demented female alien ace pilot?

Choices....

Edited by JRock

Oh... don't worry guys. Daishi's just foolin' around. (at least I think he is...)

But yeah, while Kill Bill rocked, and was one of the most entertaining films yet this year, Daishi's statement is simply a matter of opinion.

I would expect when a statement is made such as "Better than Macross" that some sort of comparisons would be made. But Daishi simply pointed out that he thinks Kill Bill is better than Macross.

Is this something that warrants it's own thread? I don't think so.

BTW- My drawings do suck...

...SUCK LIKE A FOX!!! :o

(okay- for some reason that didn't work out too well)

Hey, it shouldn't be hard for Kill Bill to be Tarantino's best work... considering that (in my opinion at least) his movies have ranged from garbage with no redeeming value whatsoever to artsy sort of style over substance kill fest.

The irony of this post is the only person who knows i'm kidding is the one I made fun of. But dont get off subject KB and Macross.

True they are like apples-Kb and oranges-Macross but there is a line between very good apples and oranges. If you were eating an orange-Macross and you start eating an apple-KB and it is better, couldn't you compare the two? YES you could.

Also many are forgetting number 2 which is releasing next year, assume its going to be good. Then wouldn't that be a better apple than orange.

Take into whole considiration it is stupid to compare an anime with a real movie, but when you think about it...

Isn't Macross repeatitive, didn't anyone sometimes get tired of all the fluff, kinda lie the creators were trying to make it as long as possible Anime has a tendency to do this *cough*DBZ*cough*. KB is a LOT shorter but it never had to make anything longer, if anything it was too short on certin scenes.

Now the anime, people who have watched the movie know the anime sequence. When cotton mouth's father was fighting, that was intense anime compared with the battle sequences it was approximatly the same. Though the anime was cleaner in KB so it was...better.

Directors , the whole Macross series was linear, in order of events but QT was impressive in the way he didn't confuse people but directed the whole movie in differen't order.

Some people are biast so stay out please. Also I bet a lot of the people posting didn't take the time to watch the movie.

:D DBZ joke :D

How many sayins does it take to screw in a light bulb?

1 but it takes 2 episodes! :D

I'm just curious what Tarantino has up his sleeve for part 2. There was sooo much in part 1 that I have no idea how he's going to top it.

I'm also curious why Michael Madsen is one of the D.i.V.A.S.??? :D

I now know how he was able to get an R rating without cutting much, if anything, out of the big fight scene. Very sly, I might say.

The irony of this post is the only person who knows i'm kidding is the one I made fun of.

So you claim.

Let me ask... would I really offer a justification as infantile as "transforming jets" if I was taking this at all serious?

Also I bet a lot of the people posting didn't take the time to watch the movie.

I know I never saw the movie.

av-452.jpg

Bad drawings? Look at the pic above... heheh

Well, Kill Bill is just another Anime based stories from what I see,

all the fight scenes...blood splatter ..all based on manga/anime..

I.G Productions even did the anime...

Overall, not bad Kill Bill, but Macross is totally diff......

Kill bill is pretty much a live action samurai anime. Want good samurai action? Go watch the Kenshin OVA's or TV series or Ninja Scroll (NS is not my favorite but it is okay).

Kill Bill was alright, before I can pass judgment on it I am really going to have to see the 2nd half of this movie.

Kill bill is pretty much a live action samurai anime. Want good samurai action? Go watch the Kenshin OVA's or TV series or Ninja Scroll (NS is not my favorite but it is okay).

Or even better, one of the many many chanbarra samurai films from the 60's and 70's. Akira Kurasawa's stuff is a good place to start.

Watch the original Zatoichi movies, they rock! Not that new crap with Beat Takeshi! :angry:

There's Yojimbo (with the Western adapted "Fist Full of Dollars"), The Seven Samurai (with the Western adapted "The Magnificant Seven"), and the Samurai Trilogy with Toshiro Mifune as Miyamoto Musashi. :)

I still gotta see Kill Bill, but I don't have high hopes for that movie, maybe I'll be surprised! :rolleyes:

Watch the original Zatoichi movies, they rock! Not that new crap with Beat Takeshi! :angry:

There's Yojimbo (with the Western adapted "Fist Full of Dollars"), The Seven Samurai (with the Western adapted "The Magnificant Seven"), and the Samurai Trilogy with Toshiro Mifune as Miyamoto Musashi. :)

I had forgotten about Zatoichi, those movies are really cool. All... 30 of them or whatever, they made so many.

I've only seen the first Samurai movie, and I liked it a lot. Very cool if you've read the book, though not many have since it's pretty unknown and weighs in at something like 900 pages.

Take into whole considiration it is stupid to compare an anime with a real movie, but when you think about it...

Isn't Macross repeatitive, didn't anyone sometimes get tired of all the fluff, kinda lie the creators were trying to make it as long as possible Anime has a tendency to do this *cough*DBZ*cough*. KB is a LOT shorter but it never had to make anything longer, if anything it was too short on certin scenes

I have to say , I liked KB very much and I find it quite good for today´s movie standards in fact I think it´s awesome and you can compare anything against anything BUT having said that you´re talking sh*t here :

How in your f+++ing mind can you say Macross is repetitive ? Where have you been the last 10 year mate ? if anything Macross is one of the most varied series , yes it has a formula but the plots , music , characters , mechas , etc vary with every single series that is released , or are you telliing me Macross Plus was exactly the same thing as SDF Macross ?

You should know that Macross was supposed to be even longer but it production problems forced the series to be shortened , so saying that the creators tried to lengthen the series is just absurd.

If you want to compare KB with a repetitive anime series then compare it with Gundam , now that´s a repetitive series.

Directors , the whole Macross series was linear, in order of events but QT was impressive in the way he didn't confuse people but directed the whole movie in differen't order.

Yes , Tarantino is a good director , and KB was quite good but saying that Macross was linear is just lame , I´m not talking as a Macross fan here , I´m talking as person keen on both movies and anime alike , and I´m telling you Macross wasn´t linear at all , both the series and Franchise.

I don´t know where you came from but you should watch more movies and anime if you really want to have a relevant opinion of what you´re talking about.

This may sound inflammitory but it isn't because I don't know how else to say it, KB was garbage. Actually I thought of it as a reaaaaaally poor rip off of Many Japanese action flims SANS intelligence (not anime, but live action Japanese films that are like it). At least In a lot of the Japanese film there is a theme and a plot discernable, as convoluted as it may seem., KB just removed all that and made it all action. Thats not art, thats stupidity, even I could do that. I've got a cabinet full of Japanese films that feature the same action as KB that actually are interesting to watch.

A REALLY good movie out is Master And Commander. Napoleonic Warfare has always been a pet interest of mine so watching it was a real treat. Factually faithful to the period (except the antagonist who was actually American in the novel, rather than French) It didn't pull many punches which I really enjoyed, (ok it could of been even more gory, but it still wasn't that nice)

A REALLY good movie out is Master And Commander. Napoleonic Warfare has always been a pet interest of mine so watching it was a real treat. Factually faithful to the period (except the antagonist who was actually American in the novel, rather than French) It didn't pull many punches which I really enjoyed, (ok it could of been even more gory, but it still wasn't that nice)

i don't know if its better, but i liked it too. the Napoleonic Wars were an area that i emphasized on in my major in college. i really liked the movie.