VF-1 Thunder Hummer

Valk009

Got my kit today. I'll check the hip parts tomorrow and see if mine are OK or Broken. I'll also be going to the model store and getting the paints to begin work. So, should I do a wood camo, or try the digital camo color?

Got my kit today. I'll check the hip parts tomorrow and see if mine are OK or Broken. I'll also be going to the model store and getting the paints to begin work. So, should I do a wood camo, or try the digital camo color?

Digital!!!

I don't think anything of mine is broken. Then again, I got mine completely unbuilt for painting purposes and all. Started gap filling and sanding the chest piece and have the primer curing already. Same for the waist area. I'd do a step by step, but until I get more accustomed to the new process I'm using to do this, I'm gonna be doing a lot of trial and error perhaps. Will be cutting my squares out for the digital camo today (the time consuming part) Also got a weathering kit, as I want this to look like it's gotten some work done, either on the test course, or in combat. Chest missile bay holders are done though. Will seal those up hopefully today.

Wow, that pic of the 1/48 makes me wish I had mine done in white like the OG. Didn't the 1/48 kit come with a gold visor and the head lasers with the holes in them?

you might want to check this out:

Digital Camo Masking Tape

Simply awesome. I ordered several sheets of it. I heard about it, but didn't know HLJ carried it. Thanks for the link. Just got in my decal paper today as well, so I'll be working up some decals for the custom paint job. You guys are awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine 2 weeks ago....haven't even opened the box yet. How do you guys recommend that I paint it to preserve as much of the line detail? which tools? What kind of paint?

Because it's resin, I'm using enamel paints to paint mine. I started with a white enamel Model Master primer (to give a contrast of the grey color mine came with). I'm putting two light coats on. Since the panel lines are nice and pronounced on this kit, the panels will still show up. Next, I'm using an airbrush for the top coats, but just using a gunmetal enamel to cover the parts that are supposed to be more bare metal. I'd put up pics, but I'm trying to get this thing done in two weeks, and I don't have a lot of time left with all the work I've got going on. Anyways, that's the paint I'm using. Oh, and let the enamel primer cure for 48hrs to get a strong bond to the resin.

my kit arrive yesterday so i start to assemble and i have to say excelent job this armor looks so nice much better than the official gbp thanks to all the people that made possible this project i believe that the "hand make" is the way to follow in the future taking into account the attitude and prices of yamato i prefer give my money to the real fans of macross ill be waiting future projects

• 2 weeks later...

Digital camo is done, and now putting the damn thing together. I haven't put decals on yet, as I'm test fitting everything, but so far so good. I think the imperfections in the paint give it more of a realistic look and all. Hope to have pics up tomorrow, as I will be off work.

As awesome and well done as it is from the hasegawa original, i'm not a huge fan of the th'ammer. The Zero restricted reactive imo is the best Battroid fit cast away armour designed, followed by the VF-1 GBP-1S.

you forgot the 11C Protect Armor w/c is a solid #2 or #3 on your list.

what bugs me about the TH armor is the low-riding chest piece... and i don't know what it is, but the 1/60 TH looks less appealing to me than the 1/48 version.

Wow, that pic of the 1/48 makes me wish I had mine done in white like the OG. Didn't the 1/48 kit come with a gold visor and the head lasers with the holes in them?

No the kit didn't come with them but the one that was on display had those items to enhance the show piece.

Glad that the project is finally over and most are happy with it!

I also see many are customising it with very interesting schemes.

Btw, still have a few kits left for those who missed out and are still interested in one!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...