Guest davidwhangchoi

retro arcade X-Men: this one i moved an inch a minute and lasted a long time

loved the soundtrack for stage 2 and colossus' scream

this dude never dies

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

i like this game i'm trying to find the anime on dvd... i was too lazy to write down the key codes

and part II

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Managed to get an old SNES cartridge of Terranigma this weekend at a local flea market. After the last boss in Secret of Evermore humiliated me I will give the game a try after I finished SoE,

Terranigma.jpg

Sadly I only got the bare bone cartridge an no box. The guy was trying to sell a MISB Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask for the N64 to a guy and almost inlcuded this gem into the offer but I managed to be faster and got this one for a good price. Can't wait to play it. :)

i like this game i'm trying to find the anime on dvd... i was too lazy to write down the key codes

Yeah, Zillion was a great game. I didn't know until years later it was a clone of Impossible Mission. As for DVDs, good luck. I had an easier time finding the toys. The fansub floating out there did a great job on the entire series though.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Blazing Star Arcade no death run: but the guy is using rapid fire so it's cheap. (i'm going to try this game on mame)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

dragon spirit arcade one coin, claims no rapid fire (maybe... i think he's using it but regardless, this is impressive), this game was hard as hell!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Remember PULSTAR for the Neo Geo, done by the same R-Type team. Speaking of video game sound tracks, any of you liked Herzog Zwei OST.

the only thing i remember about Herzog Zwei was that it had a weird name with a cool cover. i thought it was a game related to thunder force II back in the days but never played it. (wasn't made by techno soft as well?) but then i was too antsy back then to get into strategy games. i think madden on the genesis was the closest thing but i just button mashed on the menus.

edite: ok, i found it: wow! i should play it. looks good.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

anyone ever beat this classic nes game :)

Blaster_Master_boxart.jpg

i thought the vehicle was so cool. i remember an issue of Nintendo Power had a model of that thing hovering and all these cool effects. i wish i had that model:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Heh I used to play blaster master all the time, loved the exploration part of it. I don't think I ever actually beat it though, I saw it was on the 3ds E-shop so maybe I'll pick it up and give it another go.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Heh I used to play blaster master all the time, loved the exploration part of it. I don't think I ever actually beat it though, I saw it was on the 3ds E-shop so maybe I'll pick it up and give it another go.

i got it on a nes emu and have some save states already in progress pretty far, i'm going to try and beat it. oh the e-shop has it? maybe i'll get it for the 3ds then :) watching this guy's speed run is pretty impressive.

I found a website a few days ago that has emulators allowing online play of a whole slew of classic arcade games: game oldies dot com. The keyboard controls are a bit awkward, but it's still a hoot to see and be able to play so many old games. Ah, the memories...

I finally was able to do what I never had enough quarters for when I was a kid: I finally beat Double Dragon and Double Dragon II [woot! :p]. Had to give up on Ninja Gaiden though. Good thing it doesn't cost per-play this time around; that damn thing was a quarter-taker!

Guest davidwhangchoi

I finally was able to do what I never had enough quarters for when I was a kid: I finally beat Double Dragon and Double Dragon II [woot! :p]. Had to give up on Ninja Gaiden though. Good thing it doesn't cost per-play this time around; that damn thing was a quarter-taker!

reddsun1, i haven't found one video on youtube of a human being beating ninja gaiden :) (in a quarter) i thought that game was impossible.

double dragon, was easy to beat in a quarter with the one overpowering move for each game.

dd 1 = elbow smash

dd 2 = back kick (technos corrected the enemy to duck elbows but the back kick works for the entire gm lol)

my friend was really mean... at the beginning of stage two, he would tell gullible kids to jump down the pit and something special would happen. when they would, they would ask what just happened?? he would just reply "you died..." messed up!! :blink: ah, the days of the arcades :D

wow, i found one video without invincibility or sword cheats, it's under the EU title shadow warriors

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I found a website a few days ago that has emulators allowing online play of a whole slew of classic arcade games: game oldies dot com. The keyboard controls are a bit awkward, but it's still a hoot to see and be able to play so many old games. Ah, the memories...

Ryu Hayabusa was soo squishy then. If a normal thug landed a full combo on him, it meant death. Yeah, that game was abnormally hard.

My first one credit beating of a game came from this gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QOE5R1PWRMY

Killer Zuntata tunes? Check. Fantabulous mecha design? Check. Awesome flying car with hidden modes that differ with each ending path? Check.

Oh wow, my best friend used to play Master Blaster ALL THE TIME when we were kids. I know that he beat it a couple of times, I was never able to.

This thread brings back a lot of good 8 bit memories.

-b.

Skimmed through the thread already see NES/SNES classics like Contra, Zelda, Lifeforce, Master Blaster, Super Street Fighter, Castlevania, etc. mentioned. I didn't see anyone talking about;

F-Zero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2T5u9nD_I0I

Bionic Commando

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rE_JIUoeHX0

Rygar (LOVED this music LOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=It7RcosmBr4

Really enjoyed playing others like Metroid, Double Dribble, Pro Wrestling, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 and, and, and, and...

-b.

Bionic Commando was HARD. Only ever saw the ending because I watched a friend do it.

HARD games:

Bionic Commando

Battletoads

Bug! (yeah, the Saturn one---still among the most unforgiving games ever when it comes to jumping--literally one pixel off and you die)

Guest davidwhangchoi

I heard Battletoads was insane. i never tried it bc as a kid i thought it was a fake tmnt. great game that i need to play...

anyone remember this:

Bayou_Billy_box.jpg

i want to play it but i can't bc you have to use the nes zapper in certain stages :(

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Really enjoyed playing others like Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 and, and, and, and...

-b.

speed run of nes ninja gaiden 1 and 2, i wanted to watch it myself bc i never beat it.. got far but always had to turn off the nes when it got too late:

wow this guy is impressive...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Bionic Commando was HARD. Only ever saw the ending because I watched a friend do it.

HARD games:

Bionic Commando

Battletoads

Bug! (yeah, the Saturn one---still among the most unforgiving games ever when it comes to jumping--literally one pixel off and you die)

I never had a problem with Bionic Commando because I found a place in area 1 where I could grind and build my health up quick.

Battletoads overall isn't that hard, its that one particular vehicle level that f***'s you up.

As far as hard I would have to add Metal Warriors to that list. I have to this day yet to beat it, and its not from lack of trying. You have very limited continues, no saves, no passwords, one life, and if the mech you are in gets too much damage you loose all weapons leaving you to either eject and find a new mech or try to run away.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Indeed, the force is strong with this one... B))

i thought it was impossible or he's was cheating but he once died and lost a few life bars i was like :hail:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

NES Zanac i was able to beat without continues:

the best weapon till the last stage is 1 full powered up. bc it's fully powered up ring weapon can penetrate the mini bosses armor and will your shots will not bounce off them which not many people know. (both numbers 1 and 5 fully powered up can shoot without the bullets bouncing off the mid- flight bosses.) most peeps use 7 all the way through.

the final stage i use 0 because it's omni directional to kill the side and rear enemies. there's a lot of secrets in the game. such as getting double to triple rate of fire (without using a rapid fire cheat) by taking in massive amounts of yellow power ups. (it takes about half way-3/4ths through the game to get the maximum rate of fire.) i've done it only once.

here's a guy doing a run through:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Blazing Lazers on the turbo grafx 16: made by the same maker of Zanac, and has a similar power up system using numbers. it's awesome... i still play this these days:

Review: (the other playthrough clip doesn't come out well) Correct video needed to see both sides of the lasers for weapon III.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'll try soldier blade...

retro arcade is coming to two locations in Manhattan:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/25/5750130/barcade-locations-new-york-manhattan

i'm going to check them out when they're ready...

loved this game in the arcades: very under rated and you had to be patient for it to get good:

Edited by davidwhangchoi