Guest davidwhangchoi

found a nice complete version of the original arcade Magical Sound Shower from Outrun (the song actually has an ending hook)

Speaking of Sega:

this was the near mario like mascot of the Sega master system: music is catchy

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

is snatcher being remade? (i forgot if it is) yeah i never heard those new outrun releases. the first tune sounds catchy...

the second one sounds like it's seriously from Sega's quartet.

(good excuse to post it up again :p)

I really love this game, it's the only R-type that i actually wanted to beat 3x for the multiple endings. it's definately my favorite r-type, i love the R-13 ship.

R-Type Final is flawed, but fun. I still don't understand where all that slowdown comes from. But being able to play the R-90 and Leo again? Worth it.

(Dear irem: why has there NEVER been a port of R-Type Leo? I mean, seriously.)

Guest davidwhangchoi

i played the heck out of r-type final. but for some reason i didn't enjoy the stages as much as delta. the fun really came from unlocking the next ship and trying them out. gameplay wise, i like delta much better. maybe bc Final was meant to play multiple times. it just seemed shorter and a let down for the final game. i was expecting massive boards. for Delta, i liked the stages better. (both final and delta are decently balanced in difficulty not as frustrating as the original r-type on "normal" difficulty. if you die once you still have a chance to have fun in delta/final. the original, if you die once, it's so frustratingly hard it's not worth playing and better to reset and start over.)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I've actually been surprised how fair R-Type games tend to be, at least on earlier stages.

There's almost always a powerup or two immediately after a checkpoint, so you're never playing naked. And the game USUALLY offers the best powerup for a particularly biased area before that area starts. Or at least a good guess at a useful weapon in III and Final, where weapon diversity makes a guarantee difficult(it's somewhat impressive that Δ's staff managed to create three unique sets of weapons that cover roughly similar use patterns, and I can't really fault Final's team for not making about seventy trillion weapons that cover the same three use patterns).

Later stages are just a giant steaming pile of mandatory memorization, though. And that's pretty much across the entire franchise.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Later stages are just a giant steaming pile of mandatory memorization, though. And that's pretty much across the entire franchise.

very true.

i loved legendary wings. capcom was awesome.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Magician Lord is cool but a bit on the hard side...

guy beats it in one credit:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

This was the hottest stuff from nintendo. i loved "Game and Watch" stuff!!!

i had the game in the japanese commerial

called "Oil Panic."

that was awesome. you got a bucket to catch drops falling...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

So few characters from there went on to the other SNK games. King and Ryo are about it that I recall.

thought it has only a few memorial characters, it's the only game i know that ends in a cliffhanger :) it makes you want to play

Art of Fighting 2

2's ending is a nice surprise

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I have a US 3DS with Super Hang-On and Galaxy Force on the SD card that says otherwise.

The latest batch may not have a release date here YET, but that hardly means we'll never see them.

Looks like lag on the US releases tends to be about 6-12 months. So check back in 2015, and we'll probably have Thunder Blade and Outrun.

I'm still a little sad that my Galaxy Force download didn't come with a hydraulic gymbal mount, but... they did what they could.

Damn now I'm patiently waiting for 3D Afterburner 2, Outrun and Thunder Blade :lol: . Anytime Japan, is it really that hard to bring em over here one at a time and not all together .

Well, go play Galaxy Force and Super Hang-On while you wait. Maybe even Space Harrier.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm still a little sad that my Galaxy Force download didn't come with a hydraulic gymbal mount, but... they did what they could.

i'm not impressed with the thing that just turned around in circles...

loved all the sega arcade games. i used to be mad that john conner couldn't play afterburner 2 correct in T2.

so lucky you get them on your 3ds.

i'm not impressed with the thing that just turned around in circles...

loved all the sega arcade games. i used to be mad that john conner couldn't play afterburner 2 correct in T2.

so lucky you get them on your 3ds.

It didn't just spin in circles, it rocked back and forth and tilted side-to-side too.

It actually makes for a fairly decent, if not totally realistic, effect and adds a good bit to the fun of the game.

But so does the 3D display, so... tradeoffs.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It was a dollar to play... Hells no. Lol the most i payed was for virtual on, 50 cents and sit down g-loc for the same

Guest davidwhangchoi

I played it for free, and it was well worth every penny.

No, really, I did.

whuut? so jealous. i saw it was i was i kid. it was too expensive with all the other machines around. too many choice with only a few quarters.

damn did you own it or was friends with an arcade manager?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

whuut? so jealous. i saw it was i was i kid. it was too expensive with all the other machines around. too many choice with only a few quarters.

damn did you own it or was friends with an arcade manager?

God, I WISH I owned it.

I played it in a museum.

No, really.

Incidentally, a lot of people DIDN'T play for free. There were change machines that gave tokens out, as well as quiz machines that were free to use and gave tokens out if you answered the questions right. MOST people were putting money into change machines, and I was running around slamming the trivia machines like a boss.

It's not even that I was a game nerd. I WAS, but that's irrelevant. The quiz machine questions were all pulled from the exhibit writeups and games. You could EASILY make a run through the place, read the displays, and then spend forever hitting quiz machines, answering questions, and getting tokens.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Haha I already have all three, I need more!

guys, where are you all getting these? i only have them on emulator on pc...

Well, go play Galaxy Force and Super Hang-On while you wait. Maybe even Space Harrier.

here's the cab for galaxy force II (broken)

super hang on

Edited by davidwhangchoi

3DS online store.

Yeah sega released the first wave a few months ago. Space harrier, super hang on, galaxy force 2, ecco the dolphin, sonic the hedgehog, altered beast, shinobi 3 and streets of rage got an enhanced port with a bunch of extra options and 3d to boot. Just use the store search function and tap in arcade, scroll over a few games and you should start to see them.

Here's the japanese version of afterburner 2 3d.

Edited by dizman