TOYS FAQ - The New Noobie questions thread

EXO

Honestly, except for the risky shoulder problems, I prefer the V2.0 compared to the v2.2. I love the rainbow canopy even though it seems excessively rainbowed but it does gives the feeling of a more finished look compared to the untouched clear ones. Plus I find that the older hip mechanism to be much secure, since the larger part of the vertical part of the swing bar blocks the door from opening(and more fun to transform once u figure it out).Yes i also agree that it runs the risk of scratching the paint off the swingbar.

The Roy I got from Mandarake is the exact same version you are showing, and it arrived unscathed. I transformed it many times carefully, and no signs of breaking. If those valks you are looking at are used, maybe you could ask the owner first for pictures of that part.

And i really think that what Falcon18 has said is really relevant to your situation.

Thank-you all for the info - I actually like the rainbow effect on the canopy, and honestly not phased by the shoulder issue so not a deal-breaker - most of the time i'll be displaying these guys in Fighter mode

Now where to get some decent clear stands? :)

Quick question - are these valks considered a 'safe' release or they suffer from the shoulder issue?

g34Ys5R.jpg

Is this is the one on yahoo auctions? I just was asking about it in the where to buy section today. It comes with the launch arm too from what the pics show but it's also missing a stand adapter piece in the vf-1s box.

Thank-you all for the info - I actually like the rainbow effect on the canopy, and honestly not phased by the shoulder issue so not a deal-breaker - most of the time i'll be displaying these guys in Fighter mode

Now where to get some decent clear stands? :)

Yamato's mighty block stands would fit nicely. It's sort of clear..

Is this is the one on yahoo auctions? I just was asking about it in the where to buy section today. It comes with the launch arm too from what the pics show but it's also missing a stand adapter piece in the vf-1s box.

Thats the one. I have a spare adaptor piece but was going to use a FlightPose stand anyway.

Hi guys i was wondering how many version of

Yamato VF-1A Max Custom TV Anime Color 1/60 is there?

I think there's at least two. One is an older version with the tinted canopy, older-style crotch/nosecone locking mechanism, and a newer one with the 1/48 style locking mechanism and clear canopy. I think both versions are considered shoulder-safe.

Only one for TV version, tinted and old crotch. DYRL? has two. One without bundle with tint and old crotch, the other bundled without tint and new crotch.

I might be wrong as I'm basing it off Anymoon's list. There may actually be two since there was a rerelease of Kakizaki's TV with new crotch and non-tint canopy that isn't listed on it.

Edited by Falcon18

Only one for TV version, tinted and old crotch. DYRL? has two. One without bundle with tint and old crotch, the other bundled without tint and new crotch.

I might be wrong as I'm basing it off Anymoon's list. There may actually be two since there was a rerelease of Kakizaki's TV with new crotch and non-tint canopy that isn't listed on it.

There are definitely at least two versions of the TV Max, the latest being the clear canopy version. I'm fairly certain that revision exists because there's one sitting on my shelf as I type. :) Jenius's list on Anymoon is pretty comprehensive, but I don't think it's 100% complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Do the option parts sidecovers come in different colors or only in white on the 30th anniversary Super/Strike packs?

I got one and got DYRL white side covers, but all the promo-pics I've seen show gray option parts, do this vary? is there a way to tell from the box what color they come?

Also, would anyone by chance know the closest blue on Tamiya's color palette that matches VF-1J Max?

Edited by Valkyrie addict

There are two kinds, the off-white DYRL type color parts and also grey-blue parts that are molded in the same color as the DYRL super strike packs. I've gotten boxes with both types and the packaging is identical.

There are also brown optional parts for the DYRL CF valk, but those only came with that particular model.

The new Bandai Isamu color schemed YF-29 that's coming out... where does this valk appear in Frontier? I'm guessing that it's in the Frontier movies that I haven't had a chance to watch yet???

The new Bandai Isamu color schemed YF-29 that's coming out... where does this valk appear in Frontier? I'm guessing that it's in the Frontier movies that I haven't had a chance to watch yet???

its not in frontier at all.... but in the macross30 game

There are two kinds, the off-white DYRL type color parts and also grey-blue parts that are molded in the same color as the DYRL super strike packs. I've gotten boxes with both types and the packaging is identical.

There are also brown optional parts for the DYRL CF valk, but those only came with that particular model.

Thanks! I knew I couldn't be that confused, bummer you can't tell what color you're gonna get from the super/strike parts.

IIRC Mr-K has stated the optional parts are going to be always the same colour from now on.

Guess it will be their new arcadia off white.

Option parts are black on the 30th

I was referring to the Yamato's Super/Strike parts 30th anniversary reissue w/option parts, Not Arcadia's VF-1J 30th anniversary

Thanks for the help guys.

Sooo...is the Macross 30th PS3 game any fun?

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Thanks. So Im guessing those two are in the 'un-safe' group, but it really is a gamble. Not such a big deal with replacement parts readily available from shapeways.

Honestly, I wouldn't let it influence you from not getting them. As stated, you can get the shapeways shoulders for cheap and they are fine replacements, also... if you'r'e careful knowing that there are potential shoulder issues, they may never break. You have to understand that many of the breaks happened because we assumed they were fine and sturdy and didn't pay attention to them when we'd pull them out - so they'd break. I think if you're aware the shoulders may be an issue, the care you take with that knowledge could lead to them never breaking. I say this because I have plenty of the "unsafe valks" and with the knowledge of the potential issue, I take care in the transformation and they have never broken. Hope this helps, In short, its not like they are some crumbling piece of plastic that could just break apart like the toynami Alpha hands. If those are a good buy, I would buy them in a heartbeat.

^ Re: early releases of the v2 1/60 the amount of pressure you do, or do not exert, on the shoulders isn't necessarily a factor on whether or not the shoulders develop cracks.

My VF-1S and 1A Hikaru's both developed cracks on their own while displayed in both Fighter and Battroid modes.

As long as you know what you're getting into (since based on feedback from sreichma, myself and others may vary) and are aware of how to repair/replace then purchase whatever release you want but for my money I'd "assume" breakages will happen with the very early v2 releases so that expectations are set accordingly.

-b.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/463232/kanzen_henkei_1_60_scale_fighter_variable_hinge.html?gid=sg138207

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/RPG

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/exodigital

Here are the Macross related shapeways shops I'm aware of. First link is Veef's replacement shoulders.

Edited by barurutor

Let me get this straight,the strike packs with option parts could have either white or gray option parts?

On the subject of option parts color, the 1D had orange option parts.

Question for the CF owners, did all 3 Yamato v2 CF valks (1J, TV 1A, DYRL 1A 30th) come with additional tampo printing?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, first post. I've been doing some reading in the form for a bit.

Some background: I was about 5 when I last had a old school chunky monkey Valk. Recently, I thought it would be nice to obtain a new one for my desk. A lot of internet research later I discovered how nice the toys had become, and also how incredibly expensive too.

I originally wanted a match for the DYRL VF-1s from the end of the movie, but I've found the 1/60 version going for $500 on eBay!

So I guess settling for the "mass production" or generic is fine, but even that is really pricey!

So, I guess my question is where does one find a "reasonable price"?

Guys, I know this is the toys section, but I've just seen this picture of this kit of a galactic space whale from Macross 7 Dynamite and since it looks so amazingly phallic I wonder if it could also be regarded as a "toy" :lol:

post-12283-0-12242600-1388091040_thumb.jpg

Sorry Mods, the kit is real but I was just being silly, please do whatever you consider correct with this post.

Edited by Reïvaj