Yamato 1/60 Regult w/ pilot

EXO

Uhhh...getting back on topic, does anyone know when this (the Regult HDP Kit) will be available for preorder?

once Yamato makes sure that enough chumps will buy this overpriced block of resin shape like an egg with legs, so the consumer can basicly cover the costs of a production run that will later be sold

It's a win win situation for Yamato

I think it's better than not being able to get the toys that these production pay for. Like it or not kits are going to get made and the price of the regult is pretty much what's it's going to cost to make.

Actually with the saturation of other properties in Japan, it's a miracle that a 25 year old property like Macross is still getting support.

Like I said before, I'm going to wait until I see the price of the mass production SDF-1 before I start celebrating but at least there's a chance of seeing one now. I'm just wondering what scale they would make a mass production Regult. Hopefully the figure will be articulated at that scale also.

You guys do know that the figure fits inside the pod right?

The funny thing is that I'm going to get the Regult but couldn't get any figures :wacko:

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

No its going to be the same kit figure that will need painting and ball joints.

So they're gonna re-issue the T-Rex figures when the Regult debuts, or are you talking about the 20 each that have already been made and sold at Wonderfest?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lets see the regult pics Save!

OK! At the end of the show Yamato showed me the cockpit and it has allot of detail all four front turrets move and the eye lid opens. Yamato will only be using T-Rex's CAD data for the pilot and another company is doing the Regult. The pilot will not be exactly the same as T-Rex's Winter 2010 Wonder Fes soldier since his requires Yellow Submarine and Wave joins, Yamamto will be engineer a joint system for the new Regult pilot.

post-3328-128005943905_thumb.jpg post-3328-128005944604_thumb.jpg

post-3328-128005982048_thumb.jpg

i think yamato subcontracts industrial design studios for their toys

Many small and medium-size toy companies contract out design work. This is fairly common knowledge. They cannot afford to emploe a full time designer.

It's been no sectet with Yamato since they first started . Billy Wong for the 1/72 Mac Plus toys and 1/60 V1 VF-1 and Nishikawa-san (Flex) for the 1/48 VF-1 etc.

Graham

That looks awesome. Really hope this is easily obtainable in NA

For us fans sake, pls Yamato don't make this an exclusive, we love you ;) !

I will definitely buy this if it is available to those of us in NA. That looks incredible and I'd love to see it next to some of the 1/60 V2's.

Then that's truly unfortunate. I'm sorry. You'd better contact a third party dealer and open a new bank loan.

yeah, the regult is specifically designed to be released as a resin kit. Unlike the SDF-1 which was originally designed as a toy and later converted as a kit. It's not going to be a wide release toy. Go grab your Toynami 1/100s! Actually those dont look bad next to a 1/60 VF-1 fighter.

isn't it the time we should move this thread to the model-kit section?

It is not a toy. :(

And Yamato, I am sick of seeing this expensive beautiful website exclusive 'model-kit'! <_< (jealous) Please make a toy version in the near future!

However,

at least we have a 1/3000 SDF1 toy coming. :lol: