HG and Robotech Debates

Heh. Speaking of "The #1 Robotech Fan Bitch" (his words, not mine), turns out he's gotten his feelings hurt over my allegations that his numbers are padded out, and has put something up at RDFHQ to show that I shouldn't mess with him. :rolleyes:

(If you're interested, it's the last post on this thread: http://rdfhqcommunicationscenter.yuku.com/topic/2979/Robotech-fan-podcast )

Now, there's a definite discrepancy here, and it's the same discrepancy you see on the iTunes store if you type in an artist's name (or podcaster's name) or if you look at an album (or podcast). Basically, the album popularity bars tend to be inflated, but searching for the artist's name (or song title, or anything like that) will give you a more accurate reading. So he's using the inflated system, where the popularity bars on 100 plus podcast episodes are maxed out, and the rest show no activity. You'll also noticed that the stats he put up are arranged by date, rather than solely by popularity. :rolleyes:

Simply put, Bendo doesn't know what he's doing and doesn't know how to interpret the information, so he's just going with whichever pages look the most flattering. Anyone who has actually spent some time with the iTunes store knows he's full of it.

Ah well, at least he indirectly admits that he illegally uploaded Macross Frontier songs.

Anyway, all of this gives me an idea...He's been trying to get me on his show for a long time now, but it really seems like small potatoes...too small for me. But hey, it's a new year, times change, blah blah blah. So I'll do his show...IF one hundred unique individuals tell me to.

More info is available here on Robotech X. Unfortunately, due to rules about Bendo talk on the site, it has to be in the Cannon Fodder forum (which is only accessible by members), but my hope is that all of Bendo's 6000 lessoners will sign up and make their voices heard! :lol:

I like how he put up some pics of some character standing on a pile of rubble, and then writes below that "The only possible out come for those who oppose robotech fan." So, I guess that means people are gonna destroy him and stand on top of his pile of broken dreams. He also posted up a lot more of his padded numbers too. Basically, his entire made up world is only legit for him, while most of us who even know about his show, which doesn't seem like many, (less from Robotech fans) know that his arguments are all invalid before he even opens his mouth about it.

Heh. Speaking of "The #1 Robotech Fan Bitch" (his words, not mine), turns out he's gotten his feelings hurt over my allegations that his numbers are padded out, and has put something up at RDFHQ to show that I shouldn't mess with him. :rolleyes:

(If you're interested, it's the last post on this thread: http://rdfhqcommunicationscenter.yuku.com/topic/2979/Robotech-fan-podcast )

Now, there's a definite discrepancy here, and it's the same discrepancy you see on the iTunes store if you type in an artist's name (or podcaster's name) or if you look at an album (or podcast). Basically, the album popularity bars tend to be inflated, but searching for the artist's name (or song title, or anything like that) will give you a more accurate reading. So he's using the inflated system, where the popularity bars on 100 plus podcast episodes are maxed out, and the rest show no activity. You'll also noticed that the stats he put up are arranged by date, rather than solely by popularity. :rolleyes:

Simply put, Bendo doesn't know what he's doing and doesn't know how to interpret the information, so he's just going with whichever pages look the most flattering. Anyone who has actually spent some time with the iTunes store knows he's full of it.

Ah well, at least he indirectly admits that he illegally uploaded Macross Frontier songs.

Anyway, all of this gives me an idea...He's been trying to get me on his show for a long time now, but it really seems like small potatoes...too small for me. But hey, it's a new year, times change, blah blah blah. So I'll do his show...IF one hundred unique individuals tell me to.

More info is available here on Robotech X. Unfortunately, due to rules about Bendo talk on the site, it has to be in the Cannon Fodder forum (which is only accessible by members), but my hope is that all of Bendo's 6000 lessoners will sign up and make their voices heard! :lol:

I can't help myself but share that fools post with the correct use of the English language and also something more akin to reality.

The 25th for robotech fandom and what happened!

We are going to look back on everything that happend BID this year and might even give a little update or too. We will be looking at ...

- how I made an ass of myself in MW

- Tom Bateman and his script, which I also copy and pasted from MW

- The outing of the macross purist...versus my outing as a turd

- UEG's attempt at providing fans something new with robotech genesis and HG's squashing C & D.

- Other fallen would be robotech fan members thanks to zealots like me and lack of any type of quality product

- the death of Carl and what it means to robotech....nothing as the current creative staff are happy to cash in on a corpse.

There we go, now I feel better..would love to hear you on a podcast, if only to laugh at how probably there will be more people from this forum then any other listening.

Edited by Zor Primus

I like how he put up some pics of some character standing on a pile of rubble, and then writes below that "The only possible out come for those who oppose robotech fan." So, I guess that means people are gonna destroy him and stand on top of his pile of broken dreams. He also posted up a lot more of his padded numbers too. Basically, his entire made up world is only legit for him, while most of us who even know about his show, which doesn't seem like many, (less from Robotech fans) know that his arguments are all invalid before he even opens his mouth about it.

Well...those numbers aren't really padded...they're just less accurate than the numbers I found.

Actually, the numbers he posted are really weird...it's all or nothing. All ten popularity bars filled up, or none. There's nothing with five or six bars filled. But that seems to happen with certain things.

Basically, the only way those numbers would be accurate is if EXACTLY THE SAME NUMBER OF PEOPLE downloaded more than 100 of his episodes, and absolutely NO ONE downloaded the rest. Which is certainly not impossible, but seems highly improbable.

But either way, it really doesn't matter. His illegal Frontier uploads are among the most-downloaded episodes in both rankings, and thus, his download numbers get inflated through thievery.

EDIT: Oh, and once again: HELP BENDO GIVE ME A VERBAL THRASHING!! VOTE HERE: http://www.robotechx.com/forums/51-cannon-fodder/14331-bendo-vs-gubaba-the-petition-.html

Edited by Gubaba

scratch that last post

when hes not doing his podcast or trolling RDFHQ

hes busy with his other job =]

Edited by HappyPenguins

Yes, I'm quaking in my boots right now. :lol:

Damn good question. I guess he's just got an unusually quiet fanbase.

or they're a bunch of wusses ;)

*edit* hahahahah did you see the latest posts?

http://rdfhqcommunicationscenter.yuku.com/topic/2979/Robotech-fan-podcast

Edited by HappyPenguins

Well...those numbers aren't really padded...they're just less accurate than the numbers I found.

Actually, the numbers he posted are really weird...it's all or nothing. All ten popularity bars filled up, or none. There's nothing with five or six bars filled. But that seems to happen with certain things.

Basically, the only way those numbers would be accurate is if EXACTLY THE SAME NUMBER OF PEOPLE downloaded more than 100 of his episodes, and absolutely NO ONE downloaded the rest. Which is certainly not impossible, but seems highly improbable.

But either way, it really doesn't matter. His illegal Frontier uploads are among the most-downloaded episodes in both rankings, and thus, his download numbers get inflated through thievery.

EDIT: Oh, and once again: HELP BENDO GIVE ME A VERBAL THRASHING!! VOTE HERE: http://www.robotechx.com/forums/51-cannon-fodder/14331-bendo-vs-gubaba-the-petition-.html

I'm curious to know how he inflated these numbers.

i5d7wl.jpg

i5d7wl.jpg

Just because someone downloads his episodes doesn't make them a fan, cause if that were true they'd be after us here on macross world for making fun of him, right? And from what I know about fandoms, fans usually put up a fight to defend someone or something, in his case? Not so much. I think people are just downloading his episodes to lesson to him ramble on like a buttmunch :D

I might add that he seems to be highly obsessed with what is said about him here......just like Tommy Yune and the other cronies of HG who waste time spying on websites. Aww how cute, they all have something in common after all. Only difference is, Tommy has fans and normally sics them on the meanies........point made yet again.

Edited by HappyPenguins

Dunno... but given my own experiences with TalkShoe's ineptly-programmed services, I'm inclined to suspect it counts any search for the podcast title on iTunes as a download. Either that or he sits there every day that he posts a new podcast and hammers away at the download/refresh button to run his numbers up so he can say he's got "6000 lessoners". I think the most people anyone's ever seen listening to him live is six, who were all present to troll the hell out of his show. Ordinarily, nobody bothers to listen to him live even though his shows are all nominally an open-format call-in type podcast.

Probably the most attention his podcast ever got during a live session was when PodCrashers came to troll it and he assumed it was me and HappyPenguins and a few others working under aliases.:rolleyes:

I might add that he seems to be highly obsessed with what is said about him here......just like Tommy Yune and the other cronies of HG who waste time spying on websites. Aww how cute, they all have something in common after all. Only difference is, Tommy has fans and normally sics them on the meanies........point made yet again.

Like his hero Tommy Yune, little Dougie's a preening egotist... an odd trait for someone who, at age 28, works full-time at the sort of minimum-wage job normally reserved for high school students and reportedly lives in his mum's basement. Since he's invested so much of his pride in his e-penis, I suppose it's only natural he feels a little threatened by all the ground JT's Protoculture Times has gained by having a host who's neither a massive tosser nor a Harmony Gold sycophant.

Dunno... but given my own experiences with TalkShoe's ineptly-programmed services, I'm inclined to suspect it counts any search for the podcast title on iTunes as a download. Either that or he sits there every day that he posts a new podcast and hammers away at the download/refresh button to run his numbers up so he can say he's got "6000 lessoners". I think the most people anyone's ever seen listening to him live is six, who were all present to troll the hell out of his show. Ordinarily, nobody bothers to listen to him live even though his shows are all nominally an open-format call-in type podcast.

Probably the most attention his podcast ever got during a live session was when PodCrashers came to troll it and he assumed it was me and HappyPenguins and a few others working under aliases.:rolleyes:

Like his hero Tommy Yune, little Dougie's a preening egotist... an odd trait for someone who, at age 28, works full-time at the sort of minimum-wage job normally reserved for high school students and reportedly lives in his mum's basement. Since he's invested so much of his pride in his e-penis, I suppose it's only natural he feels a little threatened by all the ground JT's Protoculture Times has gained by having a host who's neither a massive tosser nor a Harmony Gold sycophant.

Wait a minute, Tommy Yune his hero? That's rather strange coming from him, being he once said someone should have performed euthanasia on Tommy when he was born.

I'd like to know that, too, actually. Although his audience must have dipped down considerably since then, since every time he brings up his "6000 lessoners," that's the pic he always uses. He's never shown anything more recent.

Wait a minute, Tommy Yune his hero? That's rather strange coming from him, being he once said someone should have performed euthanasia on Tommy when he was born.

He can't have Tommy as a hero. As someone pointed out to me, he's gone on record saying that Asians have contributed nothing to world culture. Forget how much of the world market is shaped by consumer goods made in the Asia markets, forget the countless books, I Ching, Art of War, and countless scrolls and writings by some of the worlds greatest leaders of past. Let's also forget that the very basis of his existence, which supposedly is Robotech, which calculates to his personal culture, was made by Japanese.

On the subject of padding the numbers, I'm sure the illegal downloads of the Macross Frontier songs pad it, as well as him and 1 or 2 supporters hitting refresh over and over. Wonder if it also has to do with a sort of meta tag like script that when people search for specific Robotech songs, or Macross songs, the podcast come up as itunes, and then count as a download. Yes, Itunes and talkshoe are different, but when that record is pulled from itunes, doesn't it still have to be fulled from the talkshoe server that stores the recordings? Geez, it can be a conbination of a few things, but in any case, the fact that it's done through other means other than just having that many fans invalidates the entire claim, no matter how hard he tries to skirt the issue, dodge the question, or name call. And yes, having 6 people on live out of a supposed 6000 is a very good and credible indicator of all this. You mean to tell me only .1% of the entire "lessoners" are the only ones who listen live? Yeah, keep telling yourself that you have that many till you believe it yourself. I don't know anyone who does, and those that just go along with that belief of his, the 3 or 4 that do, all I can do is laugh at them as well.

Yeah, it is... but didn't you notice how quickly his tune changed once MEMO started backing him? He went from loudly complaining about how horrible Shadow Chronicles is and how Tommy's ruining Robotech to defending it all and directing his bile at Tommy's enemies critics surprisingly fast.

Yeah, it is... but didn't you notice how quickly his tune changed once MEMO started backing him? He went from loudly complaining about how horrible Shadow Chronicles is and how Tommy's ruining Robotech to defending it all and directing his bile at Tommy's enemies critics surprisingly fast.

He can say whatever he wants about us critics, but at least we never wished death on the guy like he did. We make fun of Tommy's lack of talent and laziness, but thats all

I've heard stories about this guy but to actually read his rants? WOW!!

Electronic masturbation on a website is sad in most cases, but this guy loves to see his own posts!! :blink:

Well I'm happy hanging out on a forum that respects all fan bases and isn't in the business of bashing other folks altars.

Though if your altar is Harmony Gold, then all bets are off, since they started the fight in the first place... ;)

It looks like it might be a glitch of some kind: http://getsatisfaction.com/talkshoe/topics/accuracy_of_show_download_counter

A Talkshoe employee: "As of this moment, the stats are not reliable. We have brought this issue to our management, but we have no word on when or if an fix will be made. Until then, you just decide if you want to use the stats as they are."

after spending about 10-12 mins reading this page, watching the videos... i need to pee. someone tell me just why is that troll important (i know he isnt)... off to pee now.

after spending about 10-12 mins reading this page, watching the videos... i need to pee. someone tell me just why is that troll important (i know he isnt)... off to pee now.

He's not. But he's continually claiming how important he is.

You've got to pay attention to a fly in order to swat it. And then you forget about it.

So Doug is the new Pizza the Hut?

Wow, just wow. All that "interview" needed to achieve 100% comedic value would have been someone asking "exactly what here did you create?" Or "Wow, why did you release the shadow chronicles on laserdisc." At least robotech fandom finally has an official answer regarding that carrot they've been chasing for the last 25 years.

3:10 "No, of course not. We're always gonna string the audience along."

So here Tommy has confirmed the series is just a troll for people who want to see Hikaru again, just like I was saying before. That's officially what Robotech is about. Wow, they used to have me completely fooled. Back in the 80s and 90s I thought it was about something else entirely, protoculture and the Robotech Masters. Was anyone here ever a fan of what is now called "Robotech"? I never was, if we're talking about either the perception of what Robotech is, Remastered, live action, or Shadow Chronicles. The show now has the most retarded plot. Rick Hunter is the new Zor. If that's "Robotech" and what it always was retroactively then hell no I never liked it.

Do you guys actually believe that ol' Tommy will come out and say "My artwork can stop a clock"?

I don't know why I actually "invested" in the Wildstorm Comics back in '03. Oh yeah, they were intresting...

...until Love and War came out. God, what a train wreck that story was; it was worse than Return to Macross. At least I bailed after issue one of that one, the only reason I bought #2 of Love and War was I actually believed that the story couldn't get any worse than it was. The only good thing about that second issue of Love and War is that it made me forswear the Wildstrom line of Robotech Comics.

Do you guys actually believe that ol' Tommy will come out and say "My artwork can stop a clock"?

I don't know why I actually "invested" in the Wildstorm Comics back in '03. Oh yeah, they were intresting...

...until Love and War came out. God, what a train wreck that story was; it was worse than Return to Macross. At least I bailed after issue one of that one, the only reason I bought #2 of Love and War was I actually believed that the story couldn't get any worse than it was. The only good thing about that second issue of Love and War is that it made me forswear the Wildstrom line of Robotech Comics.

This has to be, like, the sixth or seventh time you've told this story...really, we know. We don't need to hear it again.

3:10 "No, of course not. We're always gonna string the audience along."

So here Tommy has confirmed the series is just a troll for people who want to see Hikaru again, just like I was saying before. That's officially what Robotech is about. Wow, they used to have me completely fooled. Back in the 80s and 90s I thought it was about something else entirely, protoculture and the Robotech Masters. Was anyone here ever a fan of what is now called "Robotech"? I never was, if we're talking about either the perception of what Robotech is, Remastered, live action, or Shadow Chronicles. The show now has the most retarded plot. Rick Hunter is the new Zor. If that's "Robotech" and what it always was retroactively then hell no I never liked it.

Hmm, I figured that out as early as 2008 when I first came here and everything that was supposed to come along from HG came to a screeching halt. Well, at least the stuff that people really cared for like animation and a continuing story stopped, but merchandising was still going on, hit or miss.

Also, all that talk from Tommy should be reserved for those who actually work in the industry/industries they say they work in. Until that new, vague Robotech production is revealed, he there hasn't been proof that he's worked on animation since Shadow Chronicles, which was like 2006 or something.

Hmm, I figured that out as early as 2008 when I first came here and everything that was supposed to come along from HG came to a screeching halt. Well, at least the stuff that people really cared for like animation and a continuing story stopped, but merchandising was still going on, hit or miss.

Also, all that talk from Tommy should be reserved for those who actually work in the industry/industries they say they work in. Until that new, vague Robotech production is revealed, he there hasn't been proof that he's worked on animation since Shadow Chronicles, which was like 2006 or something.

This is one of the things that bothers me with Robotech. They're "stringing along" the audience with a story that is old, and while the books and comics may not be canon, there is a sense of it wrapping up. With Shadow Chronicles, they forsake a good story and rehash characters just to pull fans into this continuation of the same thing. the idea that they can't, or don't want to start a completely new series or new series that doesn't deal with finding some stupid ship is, well, annoying, to put it lightly.

What's great with Macross, and a smarter way of keeping a story alive, is to actually wrap up a series, then start a new one, but continue to show and have references to the older ones. This makes a list of new characters, new mecha, new story, new music, and new merchandise to make. It takes you on the roller coaster ride of a story all over again, and again, and again.

The idea of waiting over 20 years to see a continuation of episode 85 for Robotech, and having it just be a tease to the fans, is kinda insulting. While I understand what they're trying to do, as far as keeping fans involved in the story, a much better approach would've been to wrap up the search for the SDF-3, and write in a whole new story and less rehashed characters for fans to reinvest in. Of course, this is my opinion, but the general consensus I get from Robotech fans on various sides of the spectrum more or less concede to that idea. From the way it looks, Shadow Rising will continue with the same old "where's the SDF-3" question. As Dave Chapelle used to say in one of his skits, "WRAP IT UP, B!"

At this point, I'm surprised Tommy hasn't written himself into the story to become the next big hero. Just imagine it:

As Rick Hunter lay dying on the bridge of the SDF-3, he hands over command to his most trusted ace pilot Tommy Yune. "Tommy ::cough cough:: pl..ease take care of my ship, which I love like a woman, and my wife ::cough cough::: whom I love like a ship. The Protoculture matrix is in your hands now, for only you can be relied upon to save the day. We built the machine for the fighting, the time has come to scramble veritech again"

Narrator: And with his last breath, Admiral Hunter transfered over command of the Robotech Expeditionary Forces over to his protoge Tom Yune. As the bridge crew launched the body of Admiral Hunter into space, chanting "til all are one," intrepid young Tom held Lisa Hunter in his arms, and watched the stars.

Oh wait, that would still involve creativity smile.gif

Edited by Keith

At this point, I'm surprised Tommy hasn't written himself into the story to become the next big hero. Just imagine it:

As Rick Hunter lay dying on the bridge of the SDF-3, he hands over command to his most trusted ace pilot Tommy Yune. "Tommy ::cough cough:: pl..ease take care of my ship, which I love like a woman, and my wife ::cough cough::: whom I love like a ship. The Protoculture matrix is in your hands now, for only you can be relied upon to save the day. We built the machine for the fighting, the time has come to scramble veritech again"

Narrator: And with his last breath, Admiral Hunter transfered over command of the Robotech Expeditionary Forces over to his protoge Tom Yune. As the bridge crew launched the body of Admiral Hunter into space, chanting "til all are one," intrepid young Tom held Lisa Hunter in his arms, and watched the stars.

That reads like a fanfic from fanfiction.net. But who knows, maybe Tommy Yune will put an avatar of himself as a cameo in the upcoming Rt 2011 sidequel. Or as a dedication to the 'creator' of Robotech, a cameo of Carl Macek.

Stop giving them ideas.