No Beagle Blow Superior... that blows superior...

EXO

Who you callin' a "floppy-ass mess"?!!

post-3595-128793169458_thumb.jpg

I keep thinking the Beta should have more missiles and weapon hatches to it. It looks a little lacking when compared to the Alpha. It probably would have been tricky to pull off properly, but pop-out shoulder missile launchers would have been an awesome addition.

Also, I forgot how beautiful the Red Alpha looks in fighter mode. :wub: Its solid color pattern really makes it stand out from the rest of the Alphas out there.

post-3595-128793171768_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

For every improvement Aoshima added there's just as likely to be an added QC item they missed. The Aoshima quality control was HORRID (they let Toynami arrange the manufacturing and Toynami clearly didn't give a crap about Aoshima). So, I'd say the Aoshima and Toynami are completely on par with each other although the Aoshima has a slightly better design.

• 3 weeks later...

My 3 year old begged to see the Beagle as a motorcycle. But I only changed it to armor mode once and that was a year ago.

Despite looking at the directions I've having trouble getting the engine to stow back up in the tank. I think that is the next step.

Can someone give me any tips here? Feel slightly embarrassed to ask, but would feel much worse if I forced it and broke a $200 toy...

Here's a pic where I'm at...

Uh - the pic should have attached - I'll try again...

post-8486-129184494226_thumb.jpg

My 3 year old begged to see the Beagle as a motorcycle. But I only changed it to armor mode once and that was a year ago.

Despite looking at the directions I've having trouble getting the engine to stow back up in the tank. I think that is the next step.

Can someone give me any tips here? Feel slightly embarrassed to ask, but would feel much worse if I forced it and broke a $200 toy...

Here's a pic where I'm at...

Uh - the pic should have attached - I'll try again...

Wow. Looks confusing. I recently transformed mine. So I'll try to remember the steps I used.

You'll need to:

Unseat the shock/strut with with the red coil.

Swing the tires/jet pack thingie up to almost armor position. (This opens the hook-shaped piece that goes under the figure's crotchal area.)

... :blink:

At around 13 minutes, he gets to the area you're having trouble with.

I need him to do it in reverse!

Will try to get it into bike again tonight - thx

Wait, what? I was under the impression you had already gone to bike mode, but were having trouble getting back to armor mode. This is what led me to think that...

In bike mode, the engine doesn't go into the tank at all.

The metal hinge should be swung up to where the joint would almost touch the underside of the tank. And remember to fold out the air intake hidden in the chest plate. That piece helps keep the hydraulic arms (which you removed) in place under the handlebars.

After getting the hydraulic arms back (front suspension) reattached and properly folded up, you fold the tire & arm to the front. There is still alot of fiddling at that point, but it is much easier to figure out from there on.

Let us know how you did.

The whole transformation takes me at least 20 minutes...always.

Nope - was trying to go to bike mode.

I realized last night I had not swung the back tire out of the way, allowing me to get the seat down and continue on.

Got it now though. It will now stay that way for some time.

The last step of getting the arm pistons stowed back up into the front cowlings again was both amazing and painful.

Who the heck engineered that thing? Lost a lot of sleep and hair I bet.

I would pay $400 to $500 each for Fuke and Yellow versions... (pssst - yamato, pick this line up!)

i'm going to be after the BEAGLE Ley type, myself...

i had gotten the MPC Stieg Barnard LEGIOSS at a local comic shop

back in 2004ish for $60.00. WHAT a waste of money... :angry:

Edited by Shaorin

$60 isn't too bad considering the Beta made it a high demand item.

it became a total waste, however, after the turd broke on me in several places

not long after i got it, though... :angry:

hands disintegrated, that swinging hatch that flips out of the central rear fuselage

and onto the left shoulder that you plug that weird sensor/antenna array into,

well, that damned thing broke too. hell, even the forearm panel that one of

the tail fins tuck into came off and i had to glue that back to place...

anybody wants to take the POS off me, don't hesitate to drop me a line...

Edited by Shaorin

it became a total waste, however, after the turd broke on me in several places

not long after i got it, though... :angry:

hands disintegrated, that swinging hatch that flips out of the central rear fuselage

and onto the left shoulder that you plug that weird sensor/antenna array into,

well, that damned thing broke too. hell, even the forearm panel that one of

the tail fins tuck into came off and i had to glue that back to place...

anybody wants to take the POS off me, don't hesitate to drop me a line...

Sorry man. That blows superior.

$60 isn't too bad considering the Beta made it a high demand item.

Speaking of the BETA-Tread, anyone know if the Dark/Shadow Beta is still coming out? I just ordered the Green one, But I want to get the Shadow type as well. B))

Hot Toys, Yamato, I don't care but anyone who carries on the line for Fuke, Yellows & Dark Ride Armors are my Heros!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just gave the CMs Legioss toys the mega review treatment (I try to keep busy while I wait for my new packages to arrive). Lots of new line art comparisons and video reviews and most the old pictures have been upgraded. Check out anymoon.com

Dark-Legioss-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I added some toys this year to my Gakken Mospeada collection so check out my newest pic!

My goal of collecting every box variation is getting close. I need only 8 more to complete the collection :)

If anyone has any Gakken toys for sale, hit me up, I might need your box ;)

gakkencollection6.jpg

Starting top left...

First row, small boxes, left to right: 1/35 Stick, Rey, and Bartley; 1/20 Riding Suit and 1/20 Armor Bike.

First row, large boxes, left to right: original Japanese 1/8 Variable Ride Armor; 1/35 Henshin Robo Legioss: 01Z(original box), Eta (generic box), 01I (original box); Excite Robotech Alpha; Matchbox Robotech Alpha.

Second row, left to right: Singapore Mospeada 1/8 Variable Ride Armor; Henshin Robo 1/8 Variable Ride Armor; Excite Robotech 1/8 Cyclone; Matchbox Robotech 1/8 Cyclone.

Third row, left to right: Singapore Mospeada 1/20 variable Ride Armor and 1/72 variable Legioss giftpack; original Japanese 1/20 variable Ride Armor Blowsuperior; Henshin Robo 1/20 variable Ride Armor Blowsuperior, Mospeada 21, and Bartley; Excite Robotech 1/20 variable Cyclone.

Fourth row, left to right: Japanese Mospeada 1/35 variable Legioss Zeta (loose); Japanese Mospeada 1/55 variable Legioss Eta; Henshin Robo 1/55 variable Legioss 01H (original box); Henshin Robo 1/55 variable Legioss 01I (generic box); Excite Robotech 1/55 variable Alpha; Lansay 1/72 variable TREAD (loose).

Fifth row, left to right: Japanese Mospeada 1/55 variable 2-mode Legioss Eta; Henshin Robo 1/55 variable 2-mode Legioss 01I, 01H, and 01Z; Excite Robotech 1/55 2-mode variable Alpha; Matchbox Robotech 1/55 2-mode variable Alpha.

Sixth row, left to right: Japanese Mospeada 1/72 variable Legioss Eta; Henshin Robo 1/72 variable Legioss 01I, 01H, and 01Z; Excite Robotech 1/72 variable Alpha.

OMG!!! I haven,t seen so many Gakken,s in place before!

Totoro242 I,m lovin, your box fetish, at some point that,ll be a small goldmine(if ti isn,t already)

;)

Edited by troyness

Those 1/10 Beagles are probably my favorite toy. Just awesome. I only have two complaints about them...

1. The DAMN screw in the neck! Really?

2. There won't be a Fuke or Yellow!

BBTS still has a pre-order for the Yellow. I keep hoping that it still, somehow gets released, even though everyone in the world has stated that the line is dead.

We came so close to getting a complete set of ride armor! SO CLOSE!

I was tempted to buy an extra Lei and Stick and convert them to the Dark Mospeada. But, I just can't do it.

Those 1/10 Beagles are probably my favorite toy. Just awesome. I only have two complaints about them...

1. The DAMN screw in the neck! Really?

2. There won't be a Fuke or Yellow!

BBTS still has a pre-order for the Yellow. I keep hoping that it still, somehow gets released, even though everyone in the world has stated that the line is dead.

We came so close to getting a complete set of ride armor! SO CLOSE!

I was tempted to buy an extra Lei and Stick and convert them to the Dark Mospeada. But, I just can't do it.

When I realized the line was in danger I purchased three additional Ley's to customize. Two for Fuke and Yellow and one for Jim (to accompany my WIP 1/10 scale Jeep. I was fortunate to find them for a pretty good deal($89 each). I'll post images when they're further along.

When I realized the line was in danger I purchased three additional Ley's to customize. Two for Fuke and Yellow and one for Jim (to accompany my WIP 1/10 scale Jeep. I was fortunate to find them for a pretty good deal($89 each). I'll post images when they're further along.

Can't wait to see your custom Ride-Armors & Jeep when finished!

Can't wait to see your custom Ride-Armors & Jeep when finished!

I had talked with a pal of mine about doing a possible upgrade kit to sell to turn a Ley into a Yellow or Fuke, but it never when anywhere. I sure in the hell can't do it by myself.

Great to see someone else has something tangible in the pipeline.

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

OMG!!! I haven,t seen so many Gakken,s in place before!

Totoro242 I,m lovin, your box fetish, at some point that,ll be a small goldmine(if ti isn,t already)

;)

Thanks! No one has completely documented these box variations before and hopefully when I complete the variations I can get a Gakken Data File on Toybox DX with pictures of the boxes and toys.

I added some toys this year to my Gakken Mospeada collection so check out my newest pic!

My goal of collecting every box variation is getting close. I need only 8 more to complete the collection :)

If anyone has any Gakken toys for sale, hit me up, I might need your box ;)

http://zormaster.com/gakken/gakkencollection6.jpg

OMFG!!

That is a Collection!!

Wonderful!! So beautiful!!

Only 8 missing?

What are they?

Real good job, man!

OMFG!!

That is a Collection!!

Wonderful!! So beautiful!!

Only 8 missing?

What are they?

Real good job, man!

Thanks!

I still need the three Japanese 1/35 variable Legioss toys, Japanese 1/20 variable Ride Armor Stick and Bartley, Henshin Robo 1/35 variable Legioss 01H, and the Henshin Robo 1/55 variable (3-mode) 01I and 01Z.

There is also a boxed 1/72 variable Legioss, but I am not sure if it is a regular release or just a European release, so I don't count that one yet :)

Thanks!

I still need the three Japanese 1/35 variable Legioss toys, Japanese 1/20 variable Ride Armor Stick and Bartley, Henshin Robo 1/35 variable Legioss 01H, and the Henshin Robo 1/55 variable (3-mode) 01I and 01Z.

There is also a boxed 1/72 variable Legioss, but I am not sure if it is a regular release or just a European release, so I don't count that one yet :)

And the Gakken 1/72 Tread!