LOL, got mine last month and the over packing makes you feel like you have something really special and unique when you take the things out but yeah, the no sprues thing does not help when there are soooooooo many tiny pieces.

Haven't started building it yet and it's been sitting there for weeks. Apart from pieces needing glue (a downside in my book) how is the plastic holding up? Any broken pieces?

I found the texture and flexibility of the plastic close the nylon based one used by Fansproject and Maketoys in their TF toys but here the parts are thinner. It just does not feel like model kit plastic; I get the impression that Elyn’s plastic is more durable and flexible. But like I said, this is only based on handling some of the parts back from when I first open it.

LOL, got mine last month and the over packing makes you feel like you have something really special and unique when you take the things out but yeah, the no sprues thing does not help when there are soooooooo many tiny pieces.

Haven't started building it yet and it's been sitting there for weeks. Apart from pieces needing glue (a downside in my book) how is the plastic holding up? Any broken pieces?

I found the texture and flexibility of the plastic close the nylon based one used by Fansproject and Maketoys in their TF toys but here the parts are thinner. It just does not feel like model kit plastic; I get the impression that Elyn’s plastic is more durable and flexible. But like I said, this is only based on handling some of the parts back from when I first open it.

The plastic is toyish at best. But because of that the glue doesn't settle well at all. Instead you will find the pieces, 99% of them don't fit, and as a result melting. Pieces missing is a big nuisance for me, second is the wiring that is short and parts to thick to fit inside the frame. For example the circuit board piece in his chest was soldered on a 20 degree angle. So I had to pull out my dremel tool to fix that piece of molding. (I dount the lights will work.) Some box reviews mentioned that this thing was crowd funded, which is why it took so long and I believe that because all we got for 8 months were CGI photos. That really pisses me off. If you want to make a product me and others who put down a LOT of money to be guinea pigs. I got this kit because I cant build G-System and this was geared to Gunpla builders not f^&%ing stop animation modelers. Boy would it bring me great pleasure to bunch every one of elyn members in the face!

EDIT: This also has a very negative impact on any future companies that actually spend the time to make a quality product but wont get the sales to continue work as people like myself and others got burned and are not willing to make the jump again. A good example is miracles Vehicle Voltron.

Edited by slaginpit

What was the reason they did away with the sprues? I really can't figure that out. It must have taken a long time for someone to snip all the pieces off the sprues they came on and put them in trays...but it doesn't really save the end user much time, since cleaning off nubs is far more time consuming work in comparison.

It's like they saved the buyer maybe a half hour of building time in exchange for an increase in cost, difficulty in finding parts and the possibility of lost parts.

No one who has ever built a model would think its a good idea...I can't figure it out.

What was the reason they did away with the sprues? I really can't figure that out. It must have taken a long time for someone to snip all the pieces off the sprues they came on and put them in trays...but it doesn't really save the end user much time, since cleaning off nubs is far more time consuming work in comparison.

It's like they saved the buyer maybe a half hour of building time in exchange for an increase in cost, difficulty in finding parts and the possibility of lost parts.

No one who has ever built a model would think its a good idea...I can't figure it out.

Neither can I. I literally cut the pages apart in the instruction manual for that reason. I need to reference that part in the next step and then go back to the trays and carefully navigate the trays without disturbing them so much as to displace a piece and not pick out the correct item. Its insane. There was no thought put through this. Also it seems they just collected the money from the pre-orders took their computer designs and printed it out on a 3 computer. There was no QC to see if the parts actually fit. None of the parts have used in the assembly have a good fit. Poor tolerance all around. Im going to be keep going and try to finish it. I mean I bloody paid $300 for it. But never again Elyn. This may be their only release judging from the web feedback I am getting

I'll give you my thanks, slaginpit, for biting the bullet for the rest of us! It's such a shame, too because the kit looked really promising. As much as I love a challenge, I think I'll save myself $300 and pray that maybe, some day, Bandai will release a Master Grade kit of the Kshatriya.

Beltane70: I can see why Bandai doesnt do a MG version of the Kysh, but its a perfect candidate for the PG grade, I know from experience the 00 Raiser was a disaster with the weight issues but with the success of the S.F. The Kysh would be full of awesome.

So far this is how far I have come with the build. Its moving ever so slow. I will say its getting nicer but my fingers are all glued together. Ill try to finish up to give you guys the overview

20130812_001426_zpse42e5033.jpg

20130812_001406_zpsa1ec22b6.jpg

20130812_001339_zpseb4bbd51.jpg

I had no issues with my PG 00 Raiser, but I also never took it off of the display stand.

I bought the HGUC Kshatriya since there isn't an MG version. I just tend to like my Gundam models to be the same scale if possible, but if necessary, I will get other scales if 1/100 isn't available.

Some comments on the kit. Oh Joy, I havent even gotten to all the LEDs yet!

tmtmrm 1 week ago

Well, i started building mine. It's frustrating as heck. It seem's like the led's where an after thought. You look at the manuel at where they go, and they just do not fit. If they do then usually you will have to re solder it all. Also one side of the led's do not work on mine as it seems the electrical joining block is fu&^%. 5 hours so far on build and got no where.

ndalum75 1 week ago

The wrists on mine were incredibly loose and could not hold the beam sabers. Since it could not be simply pulled out since it's not on a ball joint I tried disassembling the forearm, but even with it unscrewed I was unable to pull it apart. Anyone have some ideas?

Jims beanz 1 week ago

I got mine to fit in the head by using a drill on the eye socket and removing the excess chrome plating inside which allowed the led to fit but it's very tight.

More progress pics. Found out i ripped the wire for the head Mono eye LED. So I am going to get a new wire extension and splice it. All the fits are off lots of modding and rewiring and sodering

this kit requires 500% re work and lots of glue. On my second bottle of Crazy Glue

20130813_003443_zps686ac7fb.jpg

20130813_003438_zps57a9382d.jpg

Sigh Fit issues

IMG-20130812-WA0006_zps9556f79f.jpg

have to find wiring

IMG-20130812-WA0010_zpsfe402a02.jpg

20130812_001426_zpse42e5033.jpg

20130813_0034470_zps547384c2.jpg

20130813_003450_zps4bca98f8.jpg

More progress pics. Found out i ripped the wire for the head Mono eye LED. So I am going to get a new wire extension and splice it. All the fits are off lots of modding and rewiring and sodering

this kit requires 500% re work and lots of glue. On my second bottle of Crazy Glue

Obvoiusly a big part of what wrong with this kit is that they clearly didn't do any kind of prototyping or test shots on this thing before they went to production on this, but I also think it's just as attributable to fact that this is for all intents and purposes a G-system resin kit molded in plastic. Trying to take something that was designed for a user base who would be bringing advanced modeling skills to its construction and turning that into plastic snap-kit for casual builders is just asking for trouble.

Hey what would you guys recommend for a larger scale Zaku build? I know nothing about these kits.

Define larger scale. if you mean around 7~8 inches tall (the size of a yamato 1/60 VF-1) then go for a 1/100 Master Grade version 2.0 Zaku

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN949252/Gun

It's a challenging but rewarding build that looks really good even with minimal effort. It's pretty much the definitive Zaku model kit.

Now if you're looking for something bigger there's the 1/60 Perfect Grade Zaku which is a foot tall.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN72361/Gun

honestly, the MG 2.0 is a better, more refined kit but the PG does have shelf presence and it is in scale with most Macross toys if that makes a difference.

And if you just want Pure shelf presence there's always the 1/48th Mega Size Zaku:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN969480/Gun

This one's a bit of an odd ball since in order to keep prices and complexity down it's basically a massively over-sized high grade kit. It's also based on the Real Grade Zaku sculpt so it will have more panel lines and surface details than the MG zaku (which tries to be more true to the cartoon appearance), but has a less squat and bulky look than the older 1/60 Perfect grade. The Mega Size will probably be the easiest build for a complete novice, although by that same token it might feel a little boring putting it together if you're in to assembling intricate mechanical things.

This is a painful build, literally as I glue my figures to crap and also cut them. NONE of the pieces fit. I know I mentioned that already, but unless you can create your own models and can work with G-system kits do not get this kit! I am now trying to build around the two parts where I pulled the wires by accident. I need to find a stronger wire splice it and solder it to make it longer so at least ALL the lights work.

Here is a pick that I actually have to cut a away a major part of the panel for the male pin to connect to the female port for the lighting.

20130813_105405_zps7175d04e.jpg

20130813_105358_zps2787e511.jpg

Progress so far

20130814_065304_zpse5606738.jpg

20130814_065313_zps7a01bc18.jpg

20130814_065330_zps2c63a664.jpg

20130814_065336_zps8c79ca55.jpg

20130814_065427_zps6e108600.jpg

SIGH!

this is going to take FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

All the pieces are like this SIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

20130809_224716_zpsb9f82ef6.jpg

Some pics of the assembly SIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHH

IMG_0009_zpsd23340f0.jpg

reminds me of my PG ZETA build. took three solid days of devotion to get it done, though i imagine it went much smoother

than what it sounds like you are having trouble with here...

reminds me of my PG ZETA build. took three solid days of devotion to get it done, though i imagine it went much smoother

than what it sounds like you are having trouble with here...

This is nothing like a PG Zeta. PG is like heaven compared to this nightmare and I just read on another forum that I am not the only one with missing pieces. Nevermind that not a single piece fits right, your basically left with cutting away pegs or drilling larger peg holes , glue the crap out of everything, using new "longer" wire, soldering, reshaping with a hobby knife. It was like anything else probably 20 something engineer graduates that they seem to be pumping en mass critical who outside of their immediate field would be classed as troglodytes. There is a saying in manufacturing, do what you say you will do, and does it do what you said. Or something like that I dont really remember its late. but any how I drudge along I might as well try to finish it even if my fingers are glued to crap with blood and glue. Ther person on ebay that I bought the kit from was nice enough to try to get me the missing parts and extra wire. So I am hoping he can come through. But if this kit was as is I think its value would have been great at 120 shipped. 300 shipped is beyond ridiculous. No need for all fancy logo art and crap. G-system comes in a plain cardboard box with a printed sheet glued to the front and they are light years ahead :wacko: Oh did I mention the instructions make no sense??

You know working on the shoulders I can already tell there is nooooooooooooooooooooooo WAY that the wing binders will stay on the shoulders. The only thing holding them would be the male jack that would plug into the ports at the top, hahaha oh man classic fail. Ill let you know if I am right

20130815_075038_zps602eca48.jpg

20130815_075027_zps4068edbd.jpg

20130815_075018_zps9c3b0141.jpg

Here's an interesting review on the kshatriya Kit

http://bisugit.blogspot.sg/2013/08/nz-666-kshatriya-elyn-hobby-kastrysha_15.html

So it seems that if you buy this kit it's guaranteed to be impossible to complete, unless you have access to a retailer that can swap your missing parts in person (not very likely). Otherwise wait a month or more for replacement parts, from elyn or supplier.

if only they'd made this kit with runners....

Edited by Jimsbeanz

Well this sucks. I really didn't want to have to deal with problems with the cables. The rest I can manage but lights I have zero experience.

Some of the tools your going to need. Which reminds me I need to go to Sayals to pick of solder and a soldering pen to splice and reconnect the wire back on the circuit board in the neck piece. Sigh Im anal and that way I want all the LEDs to work.

20130817_134810_zpsbfd565dc.jpg

For example the knee boosters

You'll have to cut the battery housing for the copper connection to reach the battery

20130817_135523_zps9efd09f1.jpg

Then you will have to hack away at the grey plastic for the LEDs and Wire to be able to fit properly. Those chrome pieces are meant to screw the cover on...hahahaha yeah no can do, Will have to be clued on

20130817_135510_zps94a92de6.jpg

Here's an interesting review on the kshatriya Kit

http://bisugit.blogspot.sg/2013/08/nz-666-kshatriya-elyn-hobby-kastrysha_15.html

So it seems that if you buy this kit it's guaranteed to be impossible to complete, unless you have access to a retailer that can swap your missing parts in person (not very likely). Otherwise wait a month or more for replacement parts, from elyn or supplier.

if only they'd made this kit with runners....

That review sounds more subjectiveobjective, but I understand Slaginpit's frustration.

edit: oops, I meant to say objective.

Edited by Temjin

That review sounds more subjective, but I understand Slaginpit's frustration.

I was being objective...

But lets look at his dichotomy

Quality Control: 5/10

Articulation: 6/10

"This kit is tagged as a 1/100 scale kit but it is a bit off scale compared to Master Grades which is also 1/100 scale. The height of the Kshatriya according to specifications is 22.3m (head height). This model is around 24.5cm from foot to tip of the head and 28cm from foot to tip of the antenna. That means this model kit's actual scale is approximately 1/91 (from foot to tip of the head). This is a bit bigger compared to other mobile suit of the same actual height that is released in MG series."

"have to say that the binders are my favorite part of this kit. They are highly detailed and articulated and I had so much fun posing them in different configurations. The only problem is that they are very heavy in relation to the main body's weight. That is too say, they are too much for the shoulders to support. The only way you can attach them without the shoulders swinging backward or forward is that they must be balanced. You must hold both shoulders and attach the binders one by one with your other hand and when you think that they are already balanced then you can let go of the shoulders, at least this is the way I do it. Without a stand, you must tighten the screws on the thigh and hip connection otherwise your Kshatriya will do a 160° split. Put a blu tack under those feet as well just to be sure. I wouldn't recommend attaching the binders for a long time without any other kind of support either for the binders or the shoulders."

and then

"Recommendation: Highly Recommended"

I find that very funny! QC to me is everything. FIT is everything. AND ah hell without the Binders it ain't quite a Kyshatria unless you can clone yourself to hold the binders up for display

"Recommendation: Highly Recommended"

I find that very funny! QC to me is everything. FIT is everything. AND ah hell without the Binders it ain't quite a Kyshatria unless you can clone yourself to hold the binders up for display

I've been working on mine today and my biggest gripe with this Elyn kit is the missing parts i keep getting! The head and body have a total of 5 pieces so far...been a month since i contacted elyn about getting replacements sent out :(

In regards to the fitting, I haven't run into anything thats not workable it's more or less about the same amout of work required of any resin kit.

The elyn kit will never be anywhere near the perfect fit bandai have for thiers but with the use of a drill and super glue the parts fit just fine (some not 100% perfectly). If they had just kept the mirorred parts on the runners and not tried to have them all sorted individually the QC errors could have probably been avoided.

The binders weight i always knew would be a problem...i figure just place some clear cubes to prop up the binders so the weight isn't just focused on the shoulders.

Edited by Jimsbeanz

To Jimsbeanz.: This is not a resin kit, Its plastic. Or that is how it was marketed, also it was marketed to the Gunpla builder not a G-system grade kit. Also I had no idea it could not support the binders without support. Again it was marketed otherwise.

Here is the latest build updated. After spending hours on the knee booster electronics I am disappointed to report they dont work. After ensuring the cables neatly tucked in blah blah blah nope. Very disappointed. At this point I am like frakk the electronics

20130819_075748_zpsc4393ccb.jpg

20130819_075909_zps6ca53a23.jpg

To Jimsbeanz.: This is not a resin kit, Its plastic. Or that is how it was marketed, also it was marketed to the Gunpla builder not a G-system grade kit.

Actually Elyn just cloned the g-system 1/72 kyshatriya and downzised it to 1/100, just compare the two and you'll see they're identical, the only differences are some minor adjustments to the head.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/G-System-GS-281-1-72-NZ-666-Kshatriya-Gundam-resin-model-kit-Unicorn-robot-/290859639840

Despite it being plastic it's still a copy of a resin kit so it carriers the same issues is all i'm trying to say.

Edited by Jimsbeanz