Am I the only one who hates transforming these things?

pondo

My 1/48 wasn't much of a problem....but my 1/60 roy

Good lord. Between two cracked shoulders and a crotch system that (if it actually works) is impossible, I'll just leave it in fighter mode.

Now I'm working on a 1/60 vf-25f......

i really wish the instructions were in english. The dudes who do the videos make it look so easy.

These definitely don't have the fun factor in the transformations the old 1/55 had. My suggestion...

leave at least one 1/55 out.

I really should get one of those just to save the headaches....

But I feel like I got totally ripped off if I can't have it in all forms. So far, the 1/48 is king.

I find the Bandai toys to have much easier transformations than the Yamato toys. The VF-25 toys only give me a minor head ache when I'm trying to position that plate the neck sits on perfectly in battroid mode.

What I really hate is the fear that something will break. For that reason I really like the smaller scale toys... if they break I won't feel quite that same dread as I do with the big guys.

The problem with these high-end figures is that they're not only complex, but also relatively fragile (Bandai VF's seem more robust, but all that paint on those DX Chogokin's just invite scratches like fleas on a dog). It just wears you down mentally when you're either worried about scratching or breaking something off throughout the whole process of the transformation.

That said, the VF-11 and even the YF-19 Double Nuts are a joy to transform, since you don't have to worry about fragile shoulders due to their different transformations compared to the VF-1's.

As for the VF-1's, if not for the threat of breaking shoulders, they'd be pretty fun to transform.

The one VF model I find the most complex is of course the YF-21/VF-22S. The first time I transformed the YF-21, I needed both the manual AND a youtube guide to make it from jet to battroid.

I agree too. Besides the VF-22/YF-21, I think the transformations are generally ok.

Oh the VF-0 series too... I find the shoulders too difficult (tight?) to work on during trans.

if you're talking about putting it back into fighter mode, it helps if you flip up that back hatch and then push the swing bar down a little so that the little articulated hip bar is down instead of pushing up against the back plate. Then the shoulder assembly swings in freely

Where's the fun in not having a problem transforming your Valks? Here's my experience with transforming my Valkyries:

1/72 YF-19

Broke "Tab B" after the second time transforming it. Thank goodness for the nail file fix Graham posted back then.

1/48 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie

A real PITA transforming it with the FAST Pack on. Always remember to remove the missile pods before transforming, for when they fall on the floor, missiles will scatter all over the place.

1/60 YF-19

Using magnets to connect the FAST Pack leg armor is a great idea; unfortunately, the ones in the YF-19 are very, very weak.

1/60 VF-25S Armored Messiah Ozma Custom

In only two transformations, the left hinge holding the backpack to the rest of the plane snapped off. Fortunately, this was remedied with super glue. Also, there are two cracked hinges behind the chest. As for the Armor Pack, I tried it on Gerwalk mode and probably won't do it again. And fighter mode wastes a lot of parts (i.e. crotch armor, forearm armor, inner leg armor clips if you wish to mount the Gun Pod).

Out of the Macross toys I have, the one that gives me the most grief is the SV-51. It all feels rather counter-intuitive to me, and the way the whole shoulder system works bugs me and never seems to stay in place. Great looking beast of a toy, but not much fun to play with.

I don't know if any valk toy will ever match the fun and ease of the Chunky Monkey and Joke Machine, but the 1/60 VF-11 comes close.

if you're talking about putting it back into fighter mode, it helps if you flip up that back hatch and then push the swing bar down a little so that the little articulated hip bar is down instead of pushing up against the back plate. Then the shoulder assembly swings in freely

Thanks for the tips!

I don't remember what exactly is the problem now (haven't transformed it for months), but it sounds like it would solve my problem.

The only problem I've had transforming my valks was when I dropped my VF-0S and popped off a tail fin. Fortunately it popped back on.

Currently 3 of my valks are in Battroid and none of them are the large scale Yamato or Bandai ones (does the 1/55 Chunky Monkey count?) all the rest are in Fighter mode.

Aside from the ol' 1/55 VF-1, the easiest transformation of any I have is the VF-27. It's a magenta masterpiece. Everything fits where it is supposed to go, nothing feels loose or like it would break. I wish they were all like that.

Edited by Horatio Positronic

Lets not even TALK about my (accidentally purchased) 1/60 V1 VF1J. It never came CLOSE to battloid mode.

How about we do this, I'll PM you my address and you take all your VF-1's and put them in a box and send them to me. You'll no longer be stressed by the toys, I'll have new toys to enjoy, and the toys will have a loving home. everybody wins B))

A Bandai with swivel thigh mod and tapered swing bars is every bit as good as a 1/48 to get your Transformation Jones on with...

Just saying.

How about we do this, I'll PM you my address and you take all your VF-1's and put them in a box and send them to me. You'll no longer be stressed by the toys, I'll have new toys to enjoy, and the toys will have a loving home. everybody wins B))

im in with this idea..... :lol:

youre not the only one.

i rarely transform my yamato 1/60 to battroid form.. keeps on nodding..

this is where the chunkies /55 comes in.. the playability factor..

1/60s strenght is in the detail and posing and not playability.

just keep it in valkyrie mode like what i did for 2years straight :p

I'm having a really hard time transforming my VF-27 back from battroid to fighter.

I can't avoid touching the nosecone with the chest and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong :wacko:

I scratched the lavender paint, fortunately I touched it up and managed to match the color,