Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

I'm doing a quick video review of the Monster, it was done in a spur of the moment thing, so no pro set up like the usual reviewers, but hopefully enough to illustrate how cool the toy is.

Link to come.

Any review is appreciated man. Looking forward to it!

Thanks Matrix!!!

UN Spacey, plssssssss, pretty plssssss make a video on the monster too, we will all love you for it!!! ;)

Uploading now.

Please be gentle guys...this was my first time. :p

Edited by UN Spacy

thank you Matrix and UN Spacy, you are indeed our hero, this monster is growing on me quickly, and might just be my christmas present, and considering spacing very limited and number of toys i can buy is very low, choices are extremely hard. My options are: vf-11c, yf-19 double nuts, MP Rod, Monster.... I think Monster it is. Hopefully i can sell some old toys to maybe get yf-19 double nuts or MP Rod as well....

Wewe, looking at your nice pictures (keep it up by the way), and having watched Matrix's video yesterday, i was thinking of some similar stuff too, well, at least for the hands being same way as for the monster. The cannons in the back is not a bad idea either, i like it. What is that stand you have?

Arthurius. The stand comes with the toy. It can be configured for use on the three modes.

I remember having posted here how I broke a locking tab on my vf-11c. There are similar tabs on the Konig but since the plastic is tougher, they could probably last longer than the ones on the vf-11c.

Big disappointment I have with this toy is the limited leg articulation. I don't think the legs can swing forward in destroid form. Or can it. I really don't know. Looking at the pelvis mechanism, nothing seems to hint that the movement is possible. Hope I am proven wrong on this one.

konigmonster104.jpg

konigmonster98.jpg

konigmonster64.jpg

konigmonster75.jpg

konigmonster24.jpg

konigmonster25.jpg

At first, I was honestly not fond of the hollow-sounding-when-tapped hard semi-shinny plastic on the toy. I'm like used to yamato's plastics that have that delicate and expensive feel to it. Now I understand why bandai went with what we get. It's tougher. You wouldn't be afraid to play with it while excerpting average care. I'm happy with it.

Edited by wewe

wewe, you take such nice pictures, its incredible, specially the monster (gerwalk). I like that first picture with the robot mode where you have pulled back the arms and made it shorter distance to the joint. Now, can you take a couple of similar pictures to the ones you taken in monster mode, but with the nosecone not pulled down, cause i might want to display it that way. By the way, i am happy the standard version comes with a base-stand, i wanted to have the plane mode hovering, now i dont have to buy a seperate stand for it. Is the base pretty stable for this purpose, specially in plane mode? Are you planing to put the eyes sticker on your toy (i am guessing they have included it)?

Finally, to everyone, where did you buy your standard version from? I need to start shopping ;)

Got mine from AmiAmi (EMS is 4000 yen). And I agree that the way wiwi has the battroid's arms in the first pic is how it looks the best - that's how I configured mine the first time I transformed it.

I've really been trying to think of an honest criticism for this thing over the last week, but all I can come up with is that I wish the hips had forward articulation in battroid mode. Not that I need my Konig to be able to sit, but it sure would make for an amusing photo. :/

@ eriku: My sentiments exactly. Guess we cant have it all. Although having the destroid posed as if it were walking could have made this "toy of the year" for me. :D

@ Arthurius: The display stand configuration for the shuttle mode works well. About the eyes. I plan to have the eyes painted on. Some of my friends painted the eyes on their copy. They used stencil method of masking. Results were splendid. I'll probably get them to do it for me. I'm too chicken :D

konigmonster31.jpg

konigmonster32.jpg

It's kinda low but is quite stable.

Anyways. Here are some comparative pictures.

konigmonster15.jpg

konigmonster17.jpg

konigmonster18.jpg

konigmonster108.jpg

konigmonster109.jpg

Does anyone have a pic of the Konig Monster in "Monster/Gerwalk" mode to a VF-1 in Gerwalk?

Nice pics wewe!

Thanks.

Edited by logos

Don't worry. Like the Macross Quarter I am sure that those who wait will probably find it on sale for a really good price.

that's what I'm hoping for but I also want to hold out and see if they make that movie version too. I figure the yammie is good enough for frog mode.

@Bridge Bunny: Looks nice with a 1/100. Hope a VFX-2 color scheme (like Yamato's) would be released as well. I'm quite disappointed with the lack of pelvis to leg articulation though.

Do the legs on Yamatos version swing outward?

Just sharing the original designs for reference. :D

konigmonster143.jpg

konigmonster144.jpg

konigmonster145.jpg

konigmonster146.jpg

konigmonster147.jpg

konigmonster148.jpg

konigmonster149.jpg

konigmonster150.jpg

While I give kudos to Yamato for having the guts to make this years ago, Bandai trumped it in spades. I have a question: Do the hips move forward and back in battroid? If so, I'd love to see some more dynamic poses in battroid with the legs positioned as if it's taking a step forward preparing to attack.

Edited by M'Kyuun

ff95gj where did you get those 4 vf-25s' from? been wanting to do that "All That VF" setup ever since the vf-100s line came out, but they haven't done luca's vf yet.

They are the Banpresto display model, but the Luca version seems to be sold out at HLJ.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BNP46089-A

http://www.hlj.com/product/BNP46089-B

http://www.hlj.com/product/BNP46126-B

http://www.angolz.com/store/macross-frontier-fighter-display-vol-2-rvf-25-vf-25g-set-of-2.html

Thanks for answering!

They are not really in the same scale with the Robot Spirit line, but it matches sufficiently.