Latest VF-1S complete!

Kurt

Hey everyone. I just finished my latest project and thought I would share. I had this idea for a while to portray Focker's damaged valk after his final battle. I used a bit of creative license as to exactly where to place the damage. In watching that episode it appears that the enemy fire came from his left rear direction. I figured I would place some damage to the cockpit that surely was responsible for the mortal wounds he received. I will probably have this up on Ebay in a few days. Let me know what you think and if there are any questions. Thanks for looking!

post-3-1069038642_thumb.jpg

Was Folker's plane actually ever recovered, I assumed he got shot down and the plane ended up in the drink. What Ichijyo get's is a brand new 1S painted in Folker's colors, I could be wrong.

Looks great btw.

Oh maybe you're right, I couldn't remember how he got back aboard.  I was thinking he bailed out or something and they picked him up.

That was Rick that got shot down and fished out of the ocean. He was in the hospital when Max and Miryia fight in the city. I think it might also be just about the same time as Roy buys it. "Farewell, Big brother" is the episonde name I believe. Roy makes it back on board, seemingly not noticing his wounds and falls over playing the guitar in Claudia's quarters. If I remember, there are a couple of aircraft handlers or techs that make some mention about the amount of damage the valk has taken.

Looks great! How did you put the bullet holes in it? Sodering iron? Also you have the air break up. There is a bullet hole near the back. Wouldn't that have damaged that system? Did you consider leaving the air-break down?

All in all I think it looks amazing. You have much better skills than I do.

Also you said you were going to put it up on eBay. Would you consider offering it here first? :)

Again great job!

Rob MN

Very cool job on the Valk!! I like the battle damage a lot, very consistent with the Regult fire - inventive scheme for these Valks. Wow with all these great ideas, I may need more than two of every Hasegawa produced !! :p Nice weathing job, not too drastic. Are there any internal details in the "blast" holes? Is the carrier deck ground the Verlinden card at 1/72 scale?

Keep posting the great works.

Thank you everyone for the compliments. To answer a few questions.

Monkey-N - To create the damage I thinned the plastic from behind and then used a soldering iron to represent the holes. If anyone is interested in making me an offer, pm me. I will hold off on Ebay for a few days.

pfunk - I wasn't feeling ambitious enough to modify the canopy to display it open. I did condsider it though.

wmcheng - Yes, I did add some internal details. After I added the holes I then added small strips of styrene and brass wire to the edges of the holes. They are hard to see in these images. I will try to take a better one and post it. And you are correct on the Verlinden carrier deck card.

Less then Super Ostrich - I actually used both pre and post shading. I try to use mainly pre-shading. I like that effect better. However there is always some areas that end up being covered up too much by the primary color. I will then go over those areas with a bit of post shading, either using paint or pastels.

Monkey-N - I forgot your other question about the air brake. I suppose there could have been damage to it, but who really knows. I like to display them with the brake up and I figured he would have needed it to land.

That thing is beauty man, one comment, in the animation it showed the nose as being banged up too, and the airframe looked sag around the cockpit a little, indicating structural failure. Maybe the next person who tries something similar will add those details.

really awesome modeling! :o

but one small question, the hole on the wings, it should be a "hole" not just a "crater" I think... in the TV series, the Focker jet was hit by laser beam I remember...didn't pierced through? :(