Display Stands

Macross_Fanboy

Well, as I've come to learn, Yamato's stands are discontinued so I wonder what stands and from where do you guys get them to display your Yamato 1/60 line up. I the best I seem to find when I go to the hobby shop and online shops are those Action Base stands from Bandai, but I'm sure they're not. Any suggestions??

Damn pondo! Those look like they would hold a tank! Nice! :blink:

Thanks. I had some extra oak and plexi-glass lyin' around the shop so....

Unfortunately, the 1/48 looks so much better on it. And the only one I have is the CF. (which I'm not the biggest fan of)I prefer that size (even though the 1/60's are "better") I don't exactly have the cash for buying valks left right and centre so it'll be a while before I get another.

I've got 3 of them and they are fairly good. Have to be a little carefull with some of the heavy ones like the VF-22 or the YF-19 but they will hold all 3 modes fairly well. Here is a tip though, buy the 3 pack from Laf toys. You can take the arms and mix match from the 3 sizes. This will really help when posing for Gerwalk or Batroid. Here is some pics of my stuff. OH and for the love of god do not over tighten the screws. It will slowly crack the acrylic and once a complete crack is formed from one side to the other it is pretty much done.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

Edited by logos

i use bandai gundam action stands :)

actionbase1unicorn.jpg

what i did is use the yamato specific head hook and cut the bottom part, glued it

then applied some spare stickers ng yamato..

bandai003.jpg

bandai001.jpg

bandai012.jpg

Awesome

I too use the Bandai Stands. Although you cant do quite so many poses as you can with the flexistands, I just can bring my self to spend 20+ bucks for one plexi stand!

^^^^ hey man, it looks good. is it stable?

yup, i use cyanoacrylate glue.. its stable.. no wobliness... well unless, you put it in a windy and strong aircondition fanned room :)

its cheap, and you can adjust the angle of flight via rotating latch.

downside is, you can never go back to orig yamato stands, cause i sawed/cut the original head hook and glued it to the bandai adaptor.

yup, i use cyanoacrylate glue.. its stable.. no wobliness... well unless, you put it in a windy and strong aircondition fanned room :)

its cheap, and you can adjust the angle of flight via rotating latch.

downside is, you can never go back to orig yamato stands, cause i sawed/cut the original head hook and glued it to the bandai adaptor.

hey man, thanks for the reply. they look good, and cheap at the same time compared to the yamato stands. its a choice between this and the flexiglass ones from laf toys.

Huh?

They're $12/$13/$14 or $39 for a pack of three.

ok for 3 thats 39 2 of which have very low ground clearance so whats the point

39 +probably 20 bucks cause the shipping method only shows me to the US and I cant even get it to calculate to Canada

so 59 now the conversion 63 Bucks Um no thanks

so I get 3 bandai stand with adjustable height and angle for 26 CAN yeah I think their OVERPRICED

Lets break it down further if I want 3 6" (equivalent height with Adjustment to Bandai) that's 44.97 plus 20 for shipping for a chart busting 64.97 with the conversion 69.37 CAN

I much rather get a MG Gundam or put it towards a valk

ok for 3 thats 39 2 of which have very low ground clearance so whats the point

39 +probably 20 bucks cause the shipping method only shows me to the US and I cant even get it to calculate to Canada

so 59 now the conversion 63 Bucks Um no thanks

so I get 3 bandai stand with adjustable height and angle for 26 CAN yeah I think their OVERPRICED

Lets break it down further if I want 3 6" (equivalent height with Adjustment to Bandai) that's 44.97 plus 20 for shipping for a chart busting 64.97 with the conversion 69.37 CAN

I much rather get a MG Gundam or put it towards a valk

Well it's your own damn fault for living in Canada. Also flexi stands are 10x better than shity gundam stands so at only 2.5x the price you're getting a bargain. And you want the 2" and 4" legs so you can mix and match for more dynamic poses.

Well I went online to HLJ and while ordering stuff I picked up a Yamato Mighty Block series stand and it's pretty good, it's designed with the 1/60 Valks in mind. So far I've only put my Hikaru DYRL Strike 1S on display and it's sturdy. I plan on ordering more I think so I can connect them together.

Dude YOu dont know how true that statement is. I have been dreaming of a US take over for a long time. One day I have my american flag ready!!

I was actually just laughing at the statement; I have nothing against Canada since Canada has apologized numerous times for Bryan Adams. Maybe Canada should invade -- start with the Baldwin's house! :D

I was actually just laughing at the statement; I have nothing against Canada since Canada has apologized numerous times for Bryan Adams. Maybe Canada should invade -- start with the Baldwin's house! :D

Not to make this political, but "Canada" hasn't apologized for anything. The fact is, the crappy bands that get imported are the ones that the states seems to want. We've had some fantastic music. But you guys only seems to like Celine dion, Nickelback and Bryan adams.

Hi all,

I just picked up a couple of the Yamato mighty block stands.

They cost me about $2o aussie each, by the time you add in shipping I guess they are not that cheap. Having said that I had them included with my last valk purchase and there was a very minor additional charge of $10 added to the shipping.

Anyway I think the stand is great for the 1/60 scale. I put my TV max on it last night and it really showed off the fighter without drawing too much attention to the stand itself.

Its solid and has the attachements ready to go. I got it from Hobby Link Japan and I have already ordered some more.

that's because the canadians are still sore about the time we invaded them. Get over it already, it was 200 years ago and we lost that war, forgive us!

Note that this was a British war and not really a Canadian War. Canada did not exist as a sovereign nation until 1867 with the signing of the British North America Acts. And we didn't truly exist as an independent nation until 1982 with the passing of the Canada's Act. Proving that you could secede from Britain without a war.....it just takes generations. :p

We didn't do so well in winning The War of 1812 either and it really ended with no side really winning unless you just go by body count. Then we won! Yay.... <_< We did burned down part of Washington and the first White House though. This was in response to the sacking of York (Toronto) and the US burning down Parliament the previous year. Needless to say if the British hadn't been busy with Napoleon at the time the British would most likely have wiped the floor with the Americans. :p

Also this anit-American/Canadian stuff is bullshit. Most Canadians don't have anything against Amercians. We just shake our heads at what the US government does sometimes. Just like you might do to ours if you cared about what goes on in Canada. Oh and there is universal health care. I am so glad I don't have to worry about health insurance. Anyways enough said. :p

Back on topic. Avoid the Megablock stands unless you want to modify them. I have posted in previous threads how to do this. If you don't you are very limited in the poseability I would trust to the things. Buy Flexistands. You can swap the shorter and longer arms from the other stands to get some great posses like I mentioned above. I imported these to Canada last year and the 3 stands cost me about $55 Can. + duty/taxes. Remember to ship using USPS not UPS. UPS sucks balls outside of the US. They charge crazy brokerage fees and if you don't live in a larger city in some Countries good luck getting your parcel as you probably don't have a drop off point in your town. F**K I loath and despise having to deal with UPS. Which I do on regular occations cause we use Dell computers and servers where I work so everytime I have to fix something I have to order parts and send parts back that go UPS.... which are really going Purolator as UPS does not deliver directly to the city I live in.... hence no drop sites....... <_<

anyways FLEXI STANDS ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY! :)

Edited by logos

I really don't like how light the newer, cheaper-made flexi-stands are. The lack of extra weight on the hollow base makes putting larger Valks on them unstable. A friend bought the set of 3, and after handling them, I don't like them. I prefer the older versions. I wish I could acquire more. It's too bad LAFtoys decided not to sell the older versions anymore. It totally sucks that Yamato doesn't include a stand with every Valk. Add insult to injury, they sell the VF-22S Gamlin for the same price as the YF-21 WITH A STAND! I wonder why they discontinued including stands? Are they even producing new shipments of their over-priced large stands considering they pack every new Valk with the adapters?

I ordered 3 more Mighty Block stands from HLJ along with Nora's SV-51, I wanna try to flexi stands for my larger Valks, I wanna use the Mighty Block stands to display my Skull squadron Valks as once piece. I'm gonna try my VF-11 and 22 and 19 out on them to see how good they are since those are larger than a VF-1.

It totally sucks that Yamato doesn't include a stand with every Valk. Add insult to injury, they sell the VF-22S Gamlin for the same price as the YF-21 WITH A STAND! I wonder why they discontinued including stands? Are they even producing new shipments of their over-priced large stands considering they pack every new Valk with the adapters?

To be fair the stand included with the 21 while functional is not optimal. It has a large footprint, it's wobbly, has restricted positioning, and generally falls apart whenever you touch or move it. I didn't much miss it's inclusion with the 22 to be honest.