HLJ Yamato sale

bluemax151

Lol the sale also got me to get the VE-1, as nice s the VT-1 is I am good with my VF-1D so I don't feel the need to have a VT-1.

How funny I ordered a VE-1 today as well. Good prices on all the stuff but little differences from one VF-1 to another. The VE-1 is built on the VF-1 toy but different enough to look like a new different toy for my collection instead just being a repaint.

That's exactly why I am passing on the VT-1. It is too similar to the VF-1D just with a slightly different paint scheme, fast packs, and a completely different head. Plus I don't have that need to have a valk with so little screen time or very little nostalgia factor. Maybe one day when I have available money I will pick it up but just not at the moment when there are other valks I want more.

...considering both the season and the kick-ass sale HLJ has going on I just treated myself to a VF-11B. After seeing all of the rave reviews and drool-worthy pics I figured I'd be my own Santa on this one. B))

That said for a moment I was about to order two v2 VF-1's (TV 1A and Brown 1J) since the price pre-shipping was about the same...oh well.

-b.

I really wanted a VE-1 and VT-1 but I had to resist and buy Nora's SV-51 for 50% off, who could resist? I saw the review and it seems alright to pay 10000 yen for it rather than the 20200 at the shop I got my VF-11 and YF-19 at and even the regular price at OD and HLJ. I

I'll get them next week possibly after I get paid. God, This month I tallied up 4 VF-1s from HLJ, two of the M&M 1Js, DYRL Hikaru 1A w/SS parts, and Kakizaki DYRL 1A. Then I got a Max DYRL 1A from OD, and I went ahead and bought a VF-11B and YF-19 from the local shop. Now I got an SV-51 and still awaiting the Armored 1J set to be released(if it comes out this month).

8 when I get the SV-51 this Saturday or next monday. Damn!!! I just need the YF-21, Max 1S, VE, VT-1, maybe a Virgin Road and regular Focker VF-1S, TV Max and Kakizaki to complete Vermillion Team and MM 22Ses...yes...oh, and DDs SV-51 and VF-0S and A if I can find them for good prices....and Ghost booster sets for them...damn it!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Have anyone noticed that SAL is now available for the VE-1 & the VT-1... when initially during the sale it wasn't?

I emailed them to ask why I chose SAL and they charged me EMS... only to provide SAL a few days later.

They emailed me back with a generic message telling me that they specifically send EMS & SAL for traceable reason on products costing 15,000Y or more. Talk about the most retarded response ever (for reasons below):

1.) They wrote down both EMS & SAL... so what's their point, I wanted SAL!!!

2.) On sale, both products were under 15,000Y.

3.) The sent me products separately on SAL before. The total order was well over 15,000Y.

4.) Does that mean that when I buy 10 toys worth 1,500Y each (=15,000Y) that they'll charge me EMS too?

I wouldn't have cared if they told me the truth that they just made SAL available for the two products because of demand, and that when I ordered it... SAL wasn't available. Instead, they just emailed me a generic message without even reading my email! That's is freakin' insulting.

Oh well, it's the holidays and I'm having too jolly of a good time for this little incident to dampen my spirits. But suffice to say I'll probably be looking to other online retailers for my toys in the future. Angolz and AmiAmi have regular prices that are close to HLJ's sale prices.

I think honestly sometimes their system malfunctions or they have some manpower shipping errors. I ordered an RD Unicorn a while back and had originally picked SAL but they inexplicably shipped it EMS even though the value was less than $40. Got a couple sale Revoltechs today that shipped SAL and came in like a week. Got the Virgin Road shipped SAL somehow a while back and it took about 2 weeks. Sometimes it's just a crapshoot I guess.

I got my Nora from eBay shipped for $190 CDN over 2 years ago (back when $CDN was worth more than $US). It's huge and it's beautiful. Extremely intricate to transform and it comes with the stand too.

Right now it's $171 US ($180 CDN) shipped so yeah, it's still a good deal... definitely pick it up if you can.

Edit... err, I think there's a better deal to be had below (10,254Y vs. 10,900Y):

http://www.amiami.com/shop/?set=english&am.../e_display.html

Edited by D_Unit

Woot. Got my shipping notice from HLJ for my 11B. Shipped valk on Christmas day how about that?

I think technically it may have shipped on the 26th in japan.

But then again they may be working...

Edited by Loop

God lord, another problem with my order:

broken.jpg

Yup, right outta the box it's freakin' broken like that. What the heck was Yamato thinking using plastic for that crucial part?!? is there anything I can do via HLJ when it comes to manufacturer's defects? I checked my VT-1 also, but that one's fine.

God lord, another problem with my order:

Yup, right outta the box it's freakin' broken like that. What the heck was Yamato thinking using plastic for that crucial part?!? is there anything I can do via HLJ when it comes to manufacturer's defects? I checked my VT-1 also, but that one's fine.

Yes, instructions are one their 'our policies' page found on the left side of their home-page.

Email them at trouble@hlj.com and include the photo as reference for replacement. You will need to do this within 10 days of receiving it.

That's exactly why I am passing on the VT-1. It is too similar to the VF-1D just with a slightly different paint scheme, fast packs, and a completely different head. Plus I don't have that need to have a valk with so little screen time or very little nostalgia factor. Maybe one day when I have available money I will pick it up but just not at the moment when there are other valks I want more.

Actually, the VT-1 had a good amount of screen time in DYRL, I'd bet a lot more than the VE-1. The VE-1 is really unique, but I never cared for the look of the sensor dish on it.

What I wonder is how hard it would be to make Misa figure for the VT-1.. Since the VF-1D comes with Miinmay, I think it's only fair Misa gets a ride too. :) I have to watch DYRL again, but did Misa wear the same type of suit as Minmay (guessing a different color), or did she wear something entirely different? If it's the same, I might just try and repaint the VT-1 backseat figure.

I kind of have a soft spot for the VT-1, it hit me just recently what it reminds me of: the T-38. People have debated the differences between the VT-1 and VF-1D before, but it finally hit me that it's the same relationship between the T-38 and the F-5F. Same base design, just a dedicated trainer vs a combat ready two seater. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

Well after finally getting around to playing with my SV-51, I think it's great, I'm glad I didn't have to pay full price for the thing. Aside from some floppiness when all the stores are on the wings, it seems pretty accurate to the show and has a wicked appearance in Battroid mode and is pretty imposing to the VF-22 and especially the VF-1. Gerwalk mode seemed unstable to me or I didn't quite transform it as well, but oh well, Fighter mode and Battroid mode truly shine on this bird. Now HLJ just has to knock down the price on DD's machine and I can have half of M0 done.

How cool is this. I placed my order for the VE-1 on Christmas Eve and get the shipping notice on Christmas Day. Went with SAL so it will still be like another 3 weeks.

That's what's great about Japan, they don't quite believe in the traditions of Christmas like the US so it's just another day at work rather than a holiday. New Years is different though, so better order everything before the 31st and 1st! :o

I think so. Plus, if you get it within the next week or so, I'd say you made out better. I could have waited if it would have saved me $25. You will definately fall in love with it though. Now I just need to panel line it up!

Chris

I hope this mean my VE-1 is soon to arrive. I got my EX-Gear today. I ordered it the day after I ordered my VE-1. I had them both sent out SAL. With any luck it will be here this week. Yeah.

Overdrive have got a new sale going on from what i can make out (like Nora for 128 USD), and a new website layout too! Looks nice!

Funny! I was just checking out their new site a few minutes ago. Also just saw that hobby search is going to be doing SAL starting in January.

Overdrive have got a new sale going on from what i can make out (like Nora for 128 USD), and a new website layout too! Looks nice!

I was about to pick up some V2 strike armor from OD, but I realize they also jacked up all the prices as well.

Booyah! Vf-11B and VE-1 came in yesterday but I had to go to the post office this morning to pick it up. From now on I have to wait for sales like this from HLJ since now I am married. I cant wait to go home and open these up.

How long did it take to get to you? When did it ship? Thanks I'm in FL

I hope this mean my VE-1 is soon to arrive. I got my EX-Gear today. I ordered it the day after I ordered my VE-1. I had them both sent out SAL. With any luck it will be here this week. Yeah.

I got my VE-1 today, Yay. I think I would have had it last week if it was not for the holidays. Not bad for SAL.

Wheee! Got my VF-1D, VT-1, VF-11, and YF-21 all yesterday (along with a super alto kit), and spent the better part of the evening fiddling with them (mostly with the YF-21, geeez that thing is complicated :ph34r: ).

Pleased to say that so far it looks like the only thing that got yamatoed with this shipment was my wallet. :lol: Haven't transformed them all yet, but nothing broken far as I can tell.