1/60 Armored Part set with missile launch effect

rdenham

I love Macross, but I also collect other things and I have backed off a bit from buying things because there is so much stuff being released on a almost a monthly basis.

The new armored part set which comes missile launch effect parts has got me hooked again; OMG this thing is so cool I’m almost begging someone to take my money.

post-289-1257625383_thumb.jpg

post-289-1257625426_thumb.jpg

Edited by rdenham

Buddy of mine did the same thing with his v1 GBP and with his Alphas. Just used those q-tip things and a piece of plastic with painted red tip.

I love Macross, but I also collect other things and I have backed off a bit from buying things because there is so much stuff being released on a almost a monthly basis.

The new armored part set which comes missile launch effect parts has got me hooked again; OMG this thing is so cool I’m almost begging someone to take my money.

Just want to clarify that the armored bundled set does not come with the smoke effect. Only the web exclusive armored part package has it.

Yeah i've got one pre-ordered. Still need a 1J though, and UXI that' a great idea using it with the Legioss(Alpha), i'll try that with my CM for sure!

Indeed physioguy it needs a little toning, will look awesome!!

where did you pre-ordered yours and how much? OD? I was asking them about that but they never get back to me. I understand that it's gonna cost a lot for them to special order something like that because you have to pay shipping from Yamato to them, then shipping to us plus service charges.

• 2 weeks later...
I picked up a VF-1J during HLJ's recent holiday sale.

Is the individual GBP-1 armor available for preorder anywhere?

you should have bought the bundle, since the bundle comes with VF-1J. Currently the gbp-1s doesn't come in standalone box.

Complete info:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1445

1:60 GBP-1A with Hikaru VF-1J (gray visor guard, no launch effect parts) - 16,800 yen, 2009 December, public release.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1471

1:60 GBP-1A with missile launch effect part - 6,800 yen, 2009 December, Yamato online shop exclusive (Japan only).

For most of us those Japan only exclusive mean ban-over and pay the high price to proxy service or secondary market. However HLJ recently started carrying some older Yamato exclusive product at regular price to us oversea customers. We will see if they will carry the GBP stand alone pack in the future.

I don't understand this...you would think that the stand alone armor would be a better seller and would not need to some stupid web exclusive. I'm not going to buy it for every valk I own but I am tempted to buy 2-3 sets for the some of the valks I have. Heck I bought the VF-1J specifically cause I thought they where going to release this..... I guess I will have to just sit, wait and hope cause I'm not paying those extravagant prices that the web exclusives seem to be going for to the foreign market and I don't want another VF-1J.

Complete info:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1471

1:60 GBP-1A with missile launch effect part - 6,800 yen, 2009 December, Yamato online shop exclusive (Japan only).

What the hell, Yamato online shop exclusive (Japan only)?!

Yamato is acting like a stupid 'Big Head' company like Bandai. Soon, most of the stuff will be 'exclusive' or 'limited'!

Only the stand alone armor with the "missile launch effect" is an exclusive. The bundle with the VF-1J with grey visor is a public release.

It's true that there's still no anouncement for an armor only release, but since Yamato needs to make $$ for this mold such anouncement can't be that far B))

You would think so. I mean I have 7 valks I can put this on. (Probably 10 by the end of the year is someone else has a good sale). I am totally up for 1 -3 sets of the armor. I am not so interested in buying another Hick J just so I can have the armor. I still need a DYRL Max and Kak as well as the Max and Mira SP set....... :(

Edited by logos

You would think so. I mean I have 7 valks I can put this on. (Probably 10 by the end of the year is someone else has a good sale). I am totally up for 1 -3 sets of the armor. I am not so interested in buying another Hick J just so I can have the armor. I still need a DYRL Max and Kak as well as the Max and Mira SP set....... :(

I am pretty positive that the stand alone armor will be available in 2010. All we can do at this point is start the waiting game.

The area around the Battroid's neck looks like it has a dark gray plug-in armor piece. Was that also something that was featured on the V1 GPS armor?

There is on the 1/48 GBP but I woudn't say plug-in..more like placed loosely...but this one looks secured.

I'm not sure bout the 1/60 v1 GBP though

Man, it would be great if Yamato had an exact date for this release, I ordered mine with two strike packs from OD but I forgot to see that the 1J set was on pre-order, I wish OD said "Pre-Order Now" instead of "Buy Now" on their site, now I gotta wait for it to be released so all my stuff can ship together. <_<