Who would you rather have as a passenger?

Ghost Train

Best Macross backseat-buddy!  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have as a passenger on a 2 seater valk?

• Lynn Minmei
    • Misa Hayase
    • Yang Neuman
    • Ranka Lee
    • Sheryl Nome
    • Vefidas
    • Mylene
    • Edgar LaSalle

Inspired by who is the best pilot thread. My knowledge of who has actually been a passenger is less than encyclopedic :p , so feel free to suggest anyone I could have missed. Note that Macross 7 is 1 big blurry spot in my memory.

Edited by Ghost Train

Yeah... Mylene from Macross 7 is missing...

But you need to add Vefidas as well. She flew in a two-seeter with Roy Lovelock.

...now I'm going to take a moment of time to consider this extremely important issue before casting my vote and justifying it with innane banter...

Pete

EDIT:

Ok - I voted for Misa.

I actually have now started thinking that she was jealous of Minmey in DYRL. The reason she was so crass towards Hikaru was because in secret she wished some guy would take HER out in a VT-1 to check out Jupiter.

Also, she flies like Sheryl, so it's better to have her in the back seat :)

I dunno...

It would be romantic to fly around with Misa I think

Edited by VFTF1

Minmay will sing to you, but you'll end up getting captured by Zentradi who will kill your sempai.

Misa will take control of your fighter and crash it into the ground right in front of the wreckage of the Prometheus.

Yang will end up shooting you.

Ranka will sing and get the Zentradi to lay down their arms.

Sheryl will tell you to rescue the guy she likes or die trying.

WINNER: Ranka.

Definitely Sheryl... she actually has a bit of flight training (sorry Misa) so the odds of her crashing the Valkyrie into the first horizontal surface she sees are pretty slim, and is a lot less obnoxious than Ranka (a useless little moepanda who's always seeking approval).

'course, if I had my say, it'd be Ishtar in the back seat instead... but she didn't make the list somehow (shame on you!).

Definitely Sheryl... she actually has a bit of flight training (sorry Misa) so the odds of her crashing the Valkyrie into the first horizontal surface she sees are pretty slim, and is a lot less obnoxious than Ranka (a useless little moepanda who's always seeking approval).

'course, if I had my say, it'd be Ishtar in the back seat instead... but she didn't make the list somehow (shame on you!).

Was Ishtar ever a passenger? By all rights, Wendy Rider should be on the list, but I doubt anyone would choose here...all you would hear for the duration of your flight would be a lot of "Huh?" "What's going on?" and "EEEK!"

And that would get old REAL quick.

I have modified the poll to add Edgar LaSalle from Macross Zero, he is actually the only person on the whole list qualified to do actual military stuff while sitting on a military aircraft. Also added Mylene and Vefidas per Pete's reminder (yea, like I said when I think about 7 my brain locks-down).

Edited by Ghost Train

Was Ishtar ever a passenger? By all rights, Wendy Rider should be on the list, but I doubt anyone would choose here...all you would hear for the duration of your flight would be a lot of "Huh?" "What's going on?" and "EEEK!"

Yeah, she rode along in the cameraman's seat in Hibiki's VC-079 twice.

Minmay will sing to you, but you'll end up getting captured by Zentradi who will kill your sempai. - and not to mention: (1) she'll sleep the whole flight, and (2) bring along another love interest on the trip back.

Misa will take control of your fighter and crash it into the ground right in front of the wreckage of the Prometheus. - and she'll most likely slap you before the ride. and don't forget her mysterious third hand.

Yang will end up shooting you -- and while probably having sex dreams about sharon apple, no less.

Ranka will sing and get the Zentradi to lay down their arms. -- But break her heart, and you'll have hordes of vajra on your tail.

Sheryl will tell you to rescue the guy she likes or die trying. -- and the last guy she rode shotgun with ended up all bloodied and unconscious.

Hell, they're ALL risky. right now, Klan klan seems to be the safest bet. as long as you're not waiting for her to macronize. ;)

WHERE IS MIRIA??? I want Miria, in her wedding dress, itching for me to make a woman of her.

You're kidding, right? That poor girl had NO IDEA what was about to happen that night. And she's strong. And violent.

No one but Max could've pulled THAT honeymoon off...

Shouldn't we add Millia? (She was in the back of the Virgin Road Valk).

Assuming the back-seat driver will be a RIO or an NFO, I'd rather have Misa back there. All the other folks on the poll could become a liability in a combat situation. But Misa's got the training, familiarity, and experience with the Valks and the squads to keep me alive and landing safely back on the Prometheus.

As for Millia, I'd rather have her as a wingman, where she can do the most damage and ass-kicking. To make her a RIO would be like taking a master gourmet chef and asking them to just boil some potatoes.

Assuming the back-seat driver will be a RIO or an NFO, I'd rather have Misa back there. All the other folks on the poll could become a liability in a combat situation. But Misa's got the training, familiarity, and experience with the Valks and the squads to keep me alive and landing safely back on the Prometheus.

Except for the fact that she crashed the VT-1... ;)

Except for the fact that she crashed the VT-1... ;)

I ain't asking her to be the pilot. ;)

Just man the radar, let me know where the bogies are at, and keep the all the weapons and systems up and running.

I'm sure Misa's got enough skill to handle those tasks.

once again I vote early and now my vote doesn't even count <_< . I'd pick Ishtar, blue hair and a metal bikini, Yum ^_^

Word.

You're kidding, right? That poor girl had NO IDEA what was about to happen that night. And she's strong. And violent.

No one but Max could've pulled THAT honeymoon off...

Oh yeah... It's a damn shame we didn't get to see THAT part of things.

Ed.

He's not gonna shoot me, he's not gonna bring some romantic interest with him, he's not gonna sleep through the flight, he's not gonna crash the plane, he's not gonna piss off the Zentraedi, and he can even read a radar map.

If the front seat folded back, I woulda made a different choice. Not sure which, but even fighter planes have autopilot. ;)

Ed.

He's not gonna shoot me, he's not gonna bring some romantic interest with him, he's not gonna sleep through the flight, he's not gonna crash the plane, he's not gonna piss off the Zentraedi, and he can even read a radar map.

D'OH!! Didn't realize Edgar LaSalle was Shin's RIO (remembered the character but forgot his name).