HG and Robotech Debates

So if I want to put Kevin on the spot some time can I do it through Space Station Liberty? I've never checked it out? Is it just an HG lovefest of like-minded people indulging in group masturbation or do they actually say anything worthwhile?

PS - I emailed Kevin to find out if my ban is permanent. I'm assuming now it is permanent because it seems like he'd have to admit he was wrong if he lets me back on the boards. As he was wrong, and doesn't seem like the kind of guy who likes admitting that, I'm probably permanently on ice. I'm sure he hopes that I'll make some other screen name and try to log in so he can use that as the basis for my perma-ban but I'm not the type who'd bother with all that. What I am the type to do is keep repeating what Tommy said at Comic-con, that is that Shadow Rising is going to remain in pre-production in the hopes that WB will do something that will give HG more clout.

Did they mention that on Space Station Liberty or did they come out with some new spin or say that Tommy was drunk and didn't mean what he said or something like that?

Edited by jenius

So if I want to put Kevin on the spot some time can I do it through Space Station Liberty? I've never checked it out? Is it just an HG lovefest of like-minded people indulging in group masturbation or do they actually say anything worthwhile?

So far all they've done is ask Kevin the usual questions (WTF is going on with RLAM/SR; can we have more macross; what's up with battletech etc.) and he precedes to dance around them without ever giving a real answer.

:edit:

And he's totaly "not trying to be evasive about it"

(listening right now, god this has a lot of dead air...)

Edited by anime52k8

(listening right now, god this has a lot of dead air...)

I don't get it. Why hasn't anyone called Kevin out on banning certain fans, cited wasted opportunities (in the most polite manner possible), etc? Oh well, another SSL show has come and gone.

I don't get it. Why hasn't anyone called Kevin out on banning certain fans, cited wasted opportunities (in the most polite manner possible), etc? Oh well, another SSL show has come and gone.

Again, it seems to me that it's their website and they can ban whoever they damn well feel like banning. If it's unjustified, they can always make up some crap to make it sound justified.

As long as people keep visiting and posting, it's going to continue that way. So what?

And what would be the point of asking Kevin about it? I'm sure he had a nice, smooth, prepared response ready in case anyone did ask. What would be the point of hearing it?

Again, it seems to me that it's their website and they can ban whoever they damn well feel like banning. If it's unjustified, they can always make up some crap to make it sound justified.

As long as people keep visiting and posting, it's going to continue that way. So what?

And what would be the point of asking Kevin about it? I'm sure he had a nice, smooth, prepared response ready in case anyone did ask. What would be the point of hearing it?

Ah, true. I'm not implying its the end of the franchise when fans get banned, though to lose a long-time contributor like Jenius because of a disagreement is short-sighted... and bad business sense when you think about it.

Edited by chrisk

It's not really bad business sense from their point of view. If you and a large portion of your fans/customers really don't care at all about Macross, or truth, then it makes sense to ban Jenius.

Pete

Yeeesh. <_< I have to give it to Kevin... he really knows his customer base!

Ah, true. I'm not implying its the end of the franchise when fans get banned, though to lose a long-time contributor like Jenius because of a disagreement is short-sighted... and bad business sense when you think about it.

Yes, it's short-sighted; yes, it's bad business sense; yes, it's silly and petty...but again, it's their choice.

Me? I think it's great. But then, I don't really care about Robotech OR Harmony Gold. :)

Yes, it's short-sighted; yes, it's bad business sense; yes, it's silly and petty...but again, it's their choice.

Me? I think it's great. But then, I don't really care about Robotech OR Harmony Gold. :)

Hmm... Why do people who say that usually keep a Shadow Chronicles DVD somewhere beside their import Japanese Macross DVDs? :huh:

Hmm... Why do people who say that usually keep a Shadow Chronicles DVD somewhere beside their import Japanese Macross DVDs? :huh:

Nope. You can search my place if you'd like. I own no Robotech merchandise of any kind anymore (all the model kits are long since thrown away, and I sold the novels at a yard sale about twelve or thirteen years ago).

I do, however, still have the Harmony Gold-produced Macross video tape, with the first three episodes on it. But that's packed away in storage.

Believe me, I have been a Not-Robotech Fan for a very, very long time.

I'm probably permanently on ice.

Well if you ask me to be banned from RT.com is to be truly set free. Hell look what it has done for me. At first I tried the angry fan thing in retaliation but thats what it seems they want you to do. It brings activity to the site and makes the die hards hate you even more. I ended up choosing to stay out of the gossip, some times I want to comment but its funnier just to read what others are doing and keep out of the line of fire.

My ban was pre Kev or around the time he came on board, I meet him a a BBQ and he was friendly guy, if he is evading questions then that is his job. Is there a better way of doing it, possibly.

Ive been told at one time I was the Enemy of the State over at HG back in 2007, but in person or in chat the staff have all been friendly. RT is their sand box, let them call the shots as they want.

Edited by Save

Maybe they're all just tired of Doug Bendo being "the new face of Robotech."

or tired of bendo in general, that guy has issues

and this may be the reason why

also not to change the subject but I have now joined

the ranks of those banned from RT.com

Mr caps locks himself banned me due to his retarded vendetta

against me because I don't worship the ground HG walks on <_<

or tired of bendo in general, that guy has issues

and this may be the reason why

also not to change the subject but I have now joined

the ranks of those banned from RT.com

against me because I don't worship the ground HG walks on <_<

Fear not...banned RT.com users seem to be the fastest-growing community on the internet... :D

Don't take it too personally HappyPenguins, I'm convinced this is just idle hands over at HG. They've probably got Shadow Rising all figured out. Heck, by this point they probably even have the whole Shadow storyline mapped out and re-mapped out a dozen times. They probably have different versions planned for potential different budgets (both in series length and the sort of things they can show in each episode). Now they're at the point where they're waiting to see if WB will do something to let them use their high budget models. Since there really doesn't seem to be much progress with WB they're just kinda sitting around trying to herd the fanbase. If something appeared on the horizon they'd probably just let the detractors go since the next release would quiet everyone up. Since nothing is on the horizon they're micro-managing their fanbase and trying to eliminate dissent. Oh well HappyPenguins, welcome to the club.

EDIT - I saw it quoted and couldn't live with my typos!

Edited by jenius

Don't take it to personally HappyPenguines, I'm convinced this is just idle hands over at HG. They've probably got Shadow Rising all figured out. Heck, by this point they probably even have the whole Shadow storyline mapped out and re-mapped out a dozen times. They probably have different versions planned for potential different budgets (both in series length and the sort of things they can show in each episode). Now they're at the point where they're waiting to see if WB will do something to let them use their high budget models. Since there really doesn't seem to be much progress with WB they're just kinda sitting around trying to herd the fanbase. If something appeared on the horizon they'd probably just let the detractors go since the next release would quiet everyone up. Since nothing is on the horizon they're micro-managing their fanbase and trying to eliminate dissent. Oh well HappyPenguins, welcome to the club.

don't worry I won't ;) I knew it was coming anyway I'm just surprised it came this soon lol.

and as far as shadow rising is concerned, I really don't care what they do. I hated TSC, so I'm

pretty sure I won't care for the next installment, if and whenever it comes. Sure as hell ain't

buying it though :lol:

Hopefully when WB takes over they just cancel the whole SC series and make their own.

also thanks for the welcoming :D I'm in the cool kids club now B))

At the rate they are going there won't be much of a fandome left one way or the other.

sad but true, they are driving a lot of fans away

Edited by HappyPenguins

HappyPenguins, think of it as graduation. You just moved up and now don't have a $h!tBrick to hold you down. Unlike Save, when they demoted me, then banned me for trivial reasons, I did the opposite. I spilled the beans about stuff I knew. Them banning me let me be able to feel free, as Save described, and while I was a Macross fan first, it helped me to not have to divide my interests. I will say it again, Leave the ignorant live in the happy bubble they have. At least it's great to know that most of the friends I had on their have pulled out, and no longer have any interest in RT.

I keep my Shadow Chronicles Blu-ray next to my import DVD of Space Gundam V & DVD of Robotech II: The Sentinels, does that count? :)

Oh the horror...

HappyPenguins, think of it as graduation. You just moved up and now don't have a $h!tBrick to hold you down. Unlike Save, when they demoted me, then banned me for trivial reasons, I did the opposite. I spilled the beans about stuff I knew. Them banning me let me be able to feel free, as Save described, and while I was a Macross fan first, it helped me to not have to divide my interests. I will say it again, Leave the ignorant live in the happy bubble they have. At least it's great to know that most of the friends I had on their have pulled out, and no longer have any interest in RT.

Oh come on, everyone know's I'm Robotech fan community enemy #1 (there's even a web page about it), and I've yet to be banned from Robotech.com, in fact, I'm up to master doodle deally guy, nearly up to lieutenant ultra detective!

Oh come on, everyone know's I'm Robotech fan community enemy #1 (there's even a web page about it), and I've yet to be banned from Robotech.com, in fact, I'm up to master doodle deally guy, nearly up to lieutenant ultra detective!

I certainly didn't know. If you've been trying to get banned, you haven't been trying hard enough. Try disagreeing with the mods. That's when they'll attack, then ban you.

I keep my Shadow Chronicles Blu-ray next to my import DVD of Space Gundam V & DVD of Robotech II: The Sentinels, does that count?

Oh the horror...

I keep my copy of RTSC that I won at their launch party in February next to the DVD of Robotech:The Untold Story, and then the entire Macross collection. On the other side of that, is my Gunbuster DVDs, and Full Metal Alchemists DVDs.

Edited by Jasonc

I certainly didn't know. If you've been trying to get banned, you haven't been trying hard enough. Try disagreeing with the mods. That's when they'll attack, then ban you.

Why, that'd ruin my near decade of covert ops work to get into the super secret commanders boards so I can find out all their fiendish robotech secrets!

I keep my Shadow Chronicles Blu-ray next to my import DVD of Space Gundam V & DVD of Robotech II: The Sentinels, does that count? :)

Oh the horror...

Got a copy of Plan 9 from Outer Space in there too?

Don't take all the credit... I'm named on that website too. Khyron_Prime labeled you, me, and two other guys the four biggest dangers to the Robotech fandom!

Jaaaaaaaason! It's not working when I do it! I've been heckling the mods and disagreeing with them and even taking them to task via e-mail when they make stupid decisions, but somehow I've managed to remain unbanned through it all.

Why, that'd ruin my near decade of covert ops work to get into the super secret commanders boards so I can find out all their fiendish robotech secrets!

Hmmm, I still have access to those forums, and you're not missing anything. There is nothing secretive going on there. They talk about contest ideas from time to time (once a year), and sometimes talk about what the next quiz or poll questions will be.

Jaaaaaaaason! It's not working when I do it! I've been heckling the mods and disagreeing with them and even taking them to task via e-mail when they make stupid decisions, but somehow I've managed to remain unbanned through it all.

You know what probably helps is the fact that it's such a hot topic over here and there, and if they banned you for being right, it'd make them look even worse than they already do. I guess for me, they felt they had to ban me, cause maybe I know too much. Whatever!!! You educate them more than heckle, so they won't ban you.

Oh come on, everyone know's I'm Robotech fan community enemy #1 (there's even a web page about it),

Linky for this page please. (I've probably seen it before)

Taksraven

This sounds like the perfect time for me to sign up to Robotech.com.

I will call myself LisaLover and I will pretend Macross doesn't exist. Oh sure. There was some japanese show it was based on - but the asians do all these cartoons just like they make all the products we buy at Walmart. It had no plot and was too hard to translate. Thankfully, the good people at Harmony Gold ironed out an epico story told first in novels and then in the Robotech cartoon. Anyways, I think that's the basic history of it.

I'm now ready to join RT.com.

My only question is - does anybody need any Yamato 1/60 version 2.0s? I would like to trade for a Masterpiece Ben Dixon please. Also, if you have the Rick Hunter man-doll from the Phillipines, then I have a VF-22S Sturmvogel with your name on it.

WARNING: I will not send these Yamato items to the United States because they are not licensed there and Harmony Gold owns the rights to Macross. So if you want this stuff, I can send it to an address of your choice in Canada or Mexico, and you can go there to pick the stuff up.

But I want my Rick Hunter man-doll from the Phillipines sent first.

Finally, I have also found my new goal in life: I want to have my Robotech Art 3 book autographed by Doug Bendo - the greatest Robotech Fan of them all!

Do you think RT.com will take me now?

Pete

against me because I don't worship the ground HG walks on dry.gif

Wow. HP, Aren't you one of the biggest contributors to his exclusive hidey hole RobotechX.com..? :blink:

I keep my copy of RTSC that I won at their launch party in February next to the DVD of Robotech:The Untold Story, and then the entire Macross collection. On the other side of that, is my Gunbuster DVDs, and Full Metal Alchemists DVDs.

Both my copies were a gift from some fans. So... yes, I have two. I'm planning to dump one in a Christmas charity box.

Edited by chrisk

Wow. HP, Aren't you one of the biggest contributors to his exclusive hidey hole RobotechX.com..? :blink:

Yeah I was, but apparently I didn't do enough to support HG and their fail so I got the boot.

Either way I don't care, his site doesn't even live up to its meaning "for the fans by the fans?" yeah right

I've always known this only I was too nice to say anything, but not anymore ^_^ speaking of which

he might lose his moderator status on RT.com, Seto, myself and a few others contacted Steve and told him memo had been abusing his power.........so we'll see >_>

also my RTSC DVD is right in between Predator and Land of the Dead :lol:

Edited by HappyPenguins