Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

I dont understand why the clear version has the upper half of the arms still in solid grey. Durability issues? Regardless, there doesnt look to be all that many mechanisms recognizable through the clear plastic anyway. You're not seeing the internals, only the other side of the plane. =/

My friend thats now back in Hong Kong told me the armored version is 182 CDN which is reasonable. Here at pacific mall in toronto some jackass wants 330 hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

wipes tears

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

My friend thats now back in Hong Kong told me the armored version is 182 CDN which is reasonable. Here at pacific mall in toronto some jackass wants 330 hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

wipes tears

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Yes, man. I feel your pain! :(

Most of the toys I have are from online stores...

Yes, man. I feel your pain! :(

Most of the toys I have are from online stores...

well maybe im misunderstanding you or you me but im not in pain im laughing what moron would pay good money for that when most of the awesome SOC's are available for less. My friend now is in HK and she is getting everything i need

Teehee

Fu Pacific mall you rich spoiled HK bastards!

Im getting her to find a supplier and get into business for myself. Heck im thinking of getting in that mall and selling everything less then those HK money launders are selling them for Muhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You'll be amazed at how quickly you'll come to understand why they're marking things up so much. Once you calculate the costs of rent, overhead, staff, etc. it's pretty easy for the price you charge to escalate rapidly... especially when everyone is desperately seeking out overseas sellers directly online. That's not to say these people are reasonable with the astronomical price tag you saw, I'm just saying that you'll probably view things a bit more sympathetically.

well maybe im misunderstanding you or you me but im not in pain im laughing what moron would pay good money for that when most of the awesome SOC's are available for less. My friend now is in HK and she is getting everything i need

Teehee

Fu Pacific mall you rich spoiled HK bastards!

Im getting her to find a supplier and get into business for myself. Heck im thinking of getting in that mall and selling everything less then those HK money launders are selling them for Muhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If you ever do start a store and sell at a reasonable cost, let me know and I'll definitely be a customer

jenius definitely raises some good points! thanks for sharing! and nugundamII best of luck keep us posted if it ever gets off the ground.

side question for everyone who purchased or is considering purchasing a Bandai VF25S Armored Messiah Ozma: does the box art matter at all to you? compare: http://www.toy-wave.com/eng/detail.php?id=...3&table=422 with http://www.toy-wave.com/eng/detail.php?id=...2&table=384 . do you prefer one over another? especially for the older fans who grew up with the 1/55s i am very curious to hear you opinions too. personally i like both, so just curious if others share the same feelings. thanks! oh and i just ordered mine from so i am eagerly awaiting its arrival!

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

ok kirik but i was referring to the boxart only. which do you prefer? does it matter at all to you?

ahhh.. right right, well i guess i like my box art to show off the actual toy in action, so i guess i still prefer the DX version. See what you get instead of showing original artwork in action. =]

I prefer the boxart of the models, I miss hand drawn illustrations.

Not sure if I will pick up more DX VF-25's. While there are things that I love about them, they aren't without their flaws, and this isn't so much a by product of the aesthetic chosen(thick over thin), but the handling qualities and flaws in other areas. I feel that if Bandai did go for a more anime accurate toy, maybe the paint on the LERX stripes wouldn't be scratched as much. Also the shoulders look better on the model kit, I don't like how the 5-dot block has to be moved up to move the shoulder out to the sides(it can move without moving the block but barely).

The diecast and plastic used is fine, I prefer it, and I like the gloss paint job, but ultimately I hope Bandai makes a completely redesigned DX next year, and looking at how things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if they do next year. I'd like a redesigned one made with armor accomodations to begin with so that the armor stays attached, the silhouette of the model, articulation like that of the model+VF100's+SIDE VF combined, retractable landing gear similar in profile to the VF100's gear(I prefer it to the model), hands that HOLD the gun well and aren't loose under the weight of it at the ball joint attachment point, the gloss paint, diecast, and plastic of the DX but with more sealant to prevent paint scratches, a knife that can be removed from the shield, extending flap or compartment on the shield to accomodate ANY hands in fighter mode, universal ratchet/detent joints for the hips/shoulders, and possibly more.

The diecast and plastic used is fine, I prefer it, and I like the gloss paint job, but ultimately I hope Bandai makes a completely redesigned DX next year, and looking at how things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if they do next year.

somehow I don't see this happening so soon if at all. I think a good indication of what they're going to do in the future is what the do with the VF-27. a VF-27 would require about as much new development to make as a redesigned VF-25 would, If we don't see a VF-27 out, we're not going to see a completely redesigned VF-25. If the VF-27 does come out and it's as meh as the current VF-25's then I doubt they'll go back and release an all new improved VF-25. now if the VF-27 comes out and it's a major improvement over the existing DX's then I would not be surprised if the make an improved VF-25.

so lets hope for a VF-27 DX. ^_^

Still hoping for a cannon-fodder VF-25 brownie. You would think that would be a no-brainer for Bandai, given that it is a simple repaint of the VF-25G.

Personally, I doubt we will see a completely redesigned DX VF-25.

I really do hope we get a VF-171/171EX and VF-27 DX though.

Graham

Personally, I doubt we will see a completely redesigned DX VF-25.

I did the HK Toy run with a fellow MW yesterday and we saw the DX Armored Ozma and Model kits. Pickedup the model kit for him but now I'm on the fence on this. Price difference was that not far apart here ~ 50 USD difference but the high intakes up on the crotch and flaking paint complaints are putting me off the DX line but I love the BIG valks. :D

So my question is: Has Bandai EVER re-vised the DX line at all for any of their toys? EG A version 2 of something with major engineering improvements, moreso than the little and appreciated improvements from the Armored Ozma.

If they have never gone beyond the little improvements, then I'll see if I can scrounge the funds for both model and DX.

Looking at the movie renewal version of 1/60 DX Super Alto, does anyone know how much improvement has been made by Bandai? The pictures do not show much difference other than the colour scheme. Gee, the price of this is almost equivalent to my armored VF-25 Ozma due to the rising Yen :wacko:

Or should I wait for the armored VF-25 Alto... hm... hard decision...