See, i dont think what u have circles as shuttles are the one we see the dude die in on the show. Those looked much smaller than the ones we see there; I think those are bigger transports we havent seen yet. After all, the domes u showed were HUGE when they were on the inside looking out.

Maybe i dont see the BSG vibe becauase I hated that show SO much and am thus trying to ignore it.

the shuttles are significantly bigger than puddle jumpers just by going by the size of the cockpit alone.

The cockpit was larger put didnt apprear to be as seprated from the rear of the shuttle which was smaller area that a PJ. Id say there pretty close in size, just different layouts. I'd say the PJ was more utilitarian of design, where the Desinty's shuttle was primarily for short term research.

I watched it and I enjoyed it so I'll be watching more... however there were 3 points that really pushed the limits of credibility for me and are still picking at me. To be on the safe side I'll put these in spoilers.

1. 1.

This ship has been flying for how long? Hundreds of thounds of years or more and its leaking air... what are the odds that our crew arrives just 1 hour before all the air is gone?

We have a door to a shuttle that isn't working properly and the shuttle is a BIG air leak. So... who had the bright idea of taking a GROUP of people into it to see if they could close the door from the inside? I half expected that if they could close it that they wouldn't be able to open it again. The door is broken... remember? Why risk the whole group on a test?

And did ANYONE think to try to close the door from the inside using one of those flying camera spheres? It appeared to be just a matter of pushing a button. The senitor, who I assume couldn't read Ancient, was able to figure it out. At most you'd think they might have to tape a stick or rod to the sphere to push the button but come on... is everyone that eager to kill members of the group off.

Carl Edited by wwwmwww

See, i dont think what u have circles as shuttles are the one we see the dude die in on the show. Those looked much smaller than the ones we see there; I think those are bigger transports we havent seen yet. After all, the domes u showed were HUGE when they were on the inside looking out.

Maybe i dont see the BSG vibe becauase I hated that show SO much and am thus trying to ignore it.

The way that the scenes of the shuttle looked, those are the general areas where one of the shuttles were. Perhaps this was an error made by the C.G. guys. This might give them room to make bigger craft, or not. Typical science fiction mistake at worst.

I think the BSG vibe would be the whole "were trapped, doomed and mired in chaos" thing. The reboot B.S.G. was so depressing, everytime I tuned in I needed to schedule a therapy appointment. I have enough of that in my life to enjoy it as entertainment. I sure hope that S.U. doesnt go that route, I also dont want to see another Star Trek:Voyager either. They have more than enough opportunites to go down the middle and make it good. Time will tell.

I watched it and I enjoyed it so I'll be watching more... however there were 3 points that really pushed the limits of credibility for me and are still picking at me. To be on the safe side I'll put these in spoilers.

1. 1.

This ship has been flying for how long? Hundreds of thounds of years or more and its leaking air... what are the odds that our crew arrives just 1 hour before all the air is gone?

We have a door to a shuttle that isn't working properly and the shuttle is a BIG air leak. So... who had the bright idea of taking a GROUP of people into it to see if they could close the door from the inside? I half expected that if they could close it that they wouldn't be able to open it again. The door is broken... remember? Why risk the whole group on a test?

And did ANYONE think to try to close the door from the inside using one of those flying camera spheres? It appeared to be just a matter of pushing a button. The senitor, who I assume couldn't read Ancient, was able to figure it out. At most you'd think they might have to tape a stick or rod to the sphere to push the button but come on... is everyone that eager to kill members of the group off.

Carl

1. There could be a million and a half answers for that, not going to think about it. Ill take what I can get from the basic concept.

The shuttles door wasnt the broken door. The ships door to the docking port of the shuttle was the broken door. If youll remember they were woking on an access panel from the wall of the ship.

There might have been protocol in the shuttles ops' that for the door to close and to stay closed while docked with Destiny it has to be "crewed" . The sphere might not have been able to do it. The senator was also instructed (out of scene, per dialogue) "what to do".

The ship probably was unpressurized during most of the time it was out their only pressurized when it received a incoming worm hole.

1. 1.

Carl

I don't think it was explicitly stated when the damage occurred. Sure, the ship had been traveling for tens of thousands of years, but the damage could have occurred last week, or just a few years ago. Also, the problem wasn't just that it was bleeding air, it was also that the oxygen scrubbers had died.

The ship probably was unpressurized during most of the time it was out their only pressurized when it received a incoming worm hole.

I don't believe a ship that size could pressurize that fast... though I guess you could say we don't know how long it took for the crew to transverse the worm hole. Considering the distance it might have been days or even years I suppose.

However as pointed out below the air scrubbers had died... no reason for that to happen unless they had been scrubbing air.

I don't think it was explicitly stated when the damage occurred. Sure, the ship had been traveling for tens of thousands of years, but the damage could have occurred last week, or just a few years ago. Also, the problem wasn't just that it was bleeding air, it was also that the oxygen scrubbers had died.

Sure... we don't know when the damage occured. But you still have the same question. What are the odds that this ship which has been traveling for tens or hundreds of thounds of years or more would be damaged a week before our crew arrived? Considering how fast the shuttle was depressurised after the door was close we know it was a BIG air leak so I'd be surprised if it would take more then a week to depressurise the whole ship. Ok... I know there shields were weakening and making the leak bigger. Maybe the damage occured years ago and the shields are just now failing... still the question remains... what are the odds that the shields would fail just before our crew arrives? The best theory I can come up with is that the ship had enough power to hold the shields up until the crew arrived. At which time additional systems turned on that took power away from the shields. Sound familiar?

And regarding the problem with the scrubbers I can understand... there isn't really a need to scrub the air until there are people there making carbon dioxide.

The shuttles door wasnt the broken door. The ships door to the docking port of the shuttle was the broken door. If youll remember they were woking on an access panel from the wall of the ship.

Ok... so that makes it slightly less stupid to close that door with that many poeple inside. This ship is OLD. And doors HAVE failed. I wouldn't want to close the door between me and my air supply unless I was 100% sure that door could be opened again. The fact remains they put alot of people at risk for what was basically a test of the door.

There might have been protocol in the shuttles ops' that for the door to close and to stay closed while docked with Destiny it has to be "crewed" . The sphere might not have been able to do it. The senator was also instructed (out of scene, per dialogue) "what to do".

True... and True. If there was such a protocol though I think someone should have mentioned it. Using the camera spheres seemed so obvious they should have mentioned why they couldn't be used. They even went out of their way to say they had a ton of them and were expendable and then they start looking for an expendable crew member. And yes the senator did get instruction but it appeared quick and simple enough. Could you tell someone how to type in a password on a keyboard in a different language without showing them? I assume that instruction was something like "push the red button".

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

At which time additional systems turned on that took power away from the shields.

Hmmm... I did a bit more thinking about the above. And as I'm now going off in the direction of speculation I don't think I need spoilers any more. Assume the above is true and the reason behind the air leaks becoming an issue when they did. It seems like a good idea but there is another problem. The ship has enough power to keep the FTL drive going. I assume the ship has protocols in place like turning on the air scrubbers when the crew arrived, turning on interior lights and access panels, etc. It also is shown to have protocols to stop and open a worm hole for the crew to get supplies or at least that is what we are made to believe. So it seems reasonable to assume the ship is programed to protect and care for its crew. So... why would the ship pull power from the shields that are holding in the air and not simply shut off the FTL drive? The ship is aware of the air leaks and has closed doors... so shouldn't there be a safety protocol in place that places the power needs of the shield AHEAD of the FTL drive? The idea that the ship might be trying to out run some danger that is following it crossed my mind but it had time to stop and open the wormhole at the end... so why not stop and keep the shields up... at least until the leak issue is fixed. Something seems to be up here... I got the sense from the episode that the crew is not likely to be able to get much control over the ship and that it will be stopping and going at its will and going where it wants to go. So I guess the big unknown is what is the ships main objective... and are its protocols such that its more important to accomplish that objective than it is to keep the crew safe? Maybe the reason the ship choose the gate address at the end that it did is because there is something there that it wants and it intends to use the crew to get it. I wonder if the crew will be checking any of the gate addresses not chosen by the ship any time soon or if the ship will even let them.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

Yeah, after seeing the last episode....I'm not going back for seconds. And judging by the episode synopsis for the next few shows...

they seem to be spending the next few episodes repairing the ship. So we're doing a wash-rinse-repeat deal for a while

. I'm not gonna mind missing the rest of the season.

Yeah, after seeing the last episode....I'm not going back for seconds. And judging by the episode synopsis for the next few shows...

they seem to be spending the next few episodes repairing the ship. So we're doing a wash-rinse-repeat deal for a while

. I'm not gonna mind missing the rest of the season.

I think the only redeeming quality the series has is that Lou Diamond Phillips is on the show and even then he's not on it enough to make want to watch it.

I guess once again this puts me in the minority: I actually like this show :) I like how the characters don't always get along with each other, I enjoy the fact that they're trying to deal with basics such as air, food, water and whatnot instead of just handwaving it away by saying "it's matter replicators!" and "it's a big ship with lots of food, no worries!".

I also really enjoy the way it's shot, a very different style from SG-1 and Atlantis and it's a nice breath of fresh air. As for having too many questions, I don't mind that at all. I enjoy season-long arcs and being able to put puzzle pieces together over the course of episodes.

Is it perfect? No. But it's quite a bit more entertaining than BSG ever was ^_^

I liked it as well. I like that the storylines are carried over, that things aren't magically resolved at the end or between episodes.. and I like that everyone doesn't act like a hero all the time. It makes the moments where they do all the more memorable.

I guess once again this puts me in the minority: I actually like this show :) I like how the characters don't always get along with each other, I enjoy the fact that they're trying to deal with basics such as air, food, water and whatnot instead of just handwaving it away by saying "it's matter replicators!" and "it's a big ship with lots of food, no worries!".

I also really enjoy the way it's shot, a very different style from SG-1 and Atlantis and it's a nice breath of fresh air. As for having too many questions, I don't mind that at all. I enjoy season-long arcs and being able to put puzzle pieces together over the course of episodes.

Is it perfect? No. But it's quite a bit more entertaining than BSG ever was ^_^

I will give Universe kudos vs B.S.G. in regards that it doesnt make me want to blow my brains out while watching it. I just hope the first season isn't totally based on fixing the ship. I will get bored really quick. Also ae those communication stones one use? If so theyve used up three of the five the Doctor brought with him.

I will give Universe kudos vs B.S.G. in regards that it doesnt make me want to blow my brains out while watching it. I just hope the first season isn't totally based on fixing the ship. I will get bored really quick. Also ae those communication stones one use? If so theyve used up three of the five the Doctor brought with him.

I like that "slice of life" aspect so far. Reminds me of Robinson Crusoe and Castaway, where the goal is just survival and less Big Bads and their Dragons.

In BSG, if Eli were to stick his arm into the gate as it's about to close, the following would have happened:

1) He would have lost his arm, but not died.

2) Doc fixes him up, has a cigarette.

3) Becomes bitter and enters politics

4) Fracks half the female cast

5) Stages a coup

6) Is captured, but forgiven... yes, according to Adama Jr. everyone is forgiven.

Did we ever see what happened to the two that went through the stargate on the planet to another plant? If so I missed it. Seems like a big loose end that got dropped rather quickly. I'm guessing we'll see those two again at some point... but how?

Carl

Did we ever see what happened to the two that went through the stargate on the planet to another plant? If so I missed it. Seems like a big loose end that got dropped rather quickly. I'm guessing we'll see those two again at some point... but how?

Carl

There wasnt a resolution on the fate of that group that went to the other planet. Hopefully, we wont.

nah, they'll come back somehow, u watch. Only 2 people went through.

Finally got to see Eps 3 and 4, and loved both. No stock villains, great sest, a dynamic cast...Im stickin around with this.

i DO wish it had an openign theme. Loved the SG1 and especially the Atlantis one.

well, I hated BSG and Im lovin this.

Word. QFT. FTW. There aren't enough words and phrases to say how much I agree with this statement.

Now for a show of hands: how many people were impressed with the aerobreaking manouver in 1x04? *raises hand* I was.

Edited by CoryHolmes