Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

Damn, the AFOS Enemy mission is harder than the regular AFOS mission, especially as if you equip the SV-51 with boosters you are limited to fighter mode (wonder why that is?).

Graham

Attempt the enemy missions after you have gotten the era unlimiter. I'm sure things will be a lot easier that way.

Just imported the Macross Zero soundtrack to MUF...

It's beyond epic listening to Horobi no Uta while in the second half of the fight against the Bird Human, or Gan Bora playing while fighting off Ivanov. Now I'm in the process of putting "A Hush Like 200 Million Years" on an 8-minute loop and putting full versions of various other songs on (along with "Macross", which was for some reason excluded from the game this time around)

And to answer your question Mike, I got it off a seller from eBay,"shek730", who MUST own a store for clearly having multiple copies of the game and selling various video games.

K I really need to figure out how to do the importing stuff. 0_o that seems like a good idea since I"m not big on the BGM in this game. Never really was.

Take a look a bit at the older posts. Some people wrote good explanations on that.

Custom ST gives the game a whole new flavor and lets us add full versions of the songs featured.

Taking my time to savour this game. Spent 10 hours so far just on the Zero missions. Probably will spend at least a couple more hours on the Zero missions to build up the stats of all the Zero mecha, before starting the SDFM missions.

Really hope somebody does a translation of all the shop items and skills soon.

Damn, gonna have to re-encode all my Macross MP3s if I want to add them as BGM. Mine are all at 128kbps or higher, which is too high for the game to accept. :-(

I really love being able to shoot down missiles/launch flares and order my partner to do special attacks. Really adds a whole extra dimension to the game.

This really is the ultimate Macross game so far. But just to echo Keith, I hope in the next game (if there is one), we get full VF-X2, M3 & MII campaigns, with all mecha and characters. Oh and a Frontier movie campaign with Tornado pack for the VF-25.

Graham

The custom soundtrack feature is one of the best things in this game, you can even customize skill songs.

Here's a gameplay video I made using music from Robotech :rolleyes:

Permanent ban from MW! Also, turn in your copy of MUF to the appropriate authorities, you've lost right to play it!!

I actually gave up on Macross Zero part. I guess I could keep working on it but that isn't one of my more favorite series. Restarted with Macross Plus. Much easier/funner. Fought against Sharon/Macross several times but didn't get bored with it. Found a good trick for beating her. Keep looping in Fighter mode.

Here the skill list. It is from left to right, up to down.

Auto skill

Rolling Plus: Speed of rolling in fighter mode is faster, also can continue rolling up to 4 times.

Eagle Eye: Distant of lock-on is double; lock-on speed is 1.5 times.

Rescue: When rescue your partner, he will have 50% of full health.

Anti-missile up: Anti-missile have 1.5 times (Maximum up to 150).

Crusher: When attack battleships and bases, damage is double.

Combo up: more easy to get combo (that means there have more time available between each hit)

Support: When your health is below 30%, it will recover to 50%. (it activity once only)

Pine cake: When your health is 0%, it will recover some of health and have a short time invincibility. (it activity once only)

Partner exp up: Your partner will receive double skill point when mission complete.

Awakening: When your health is below 30%, you will have a short time invincibility. (it activity once only)

Circus flying: All mecha can fly in the air.

Triangler: The change of confidence/love is significant increase.

Counter-attack: When your health is below 30%, it will recover 6 blocks (all) of your SP. (it activity once only)

Boost saving: The usage of booster is normal usage of 75%.

Sniper: While attacking, all type of barrier is effect-less.

SP saving: The usage of SP is normal usage of 75%.

HP max start: When the mission is divide to two half, when second half start, you will recover all HP (not include the purged pack re-equip)

Destroyer: The performance of destroid will increase when you using it.

Tune point up: After the mission, Nyan Nyan point is 0 but the tune point is double.

Alone: All your partner, supporter and operator confidence/love decrease. (Zentradi, Vajra use)

Ear plug: All song effect and effect cutting half. (Gavil use)

Exp max: Enemy attack damage is double also your experience.

Nyan Nyan: After the mission, tune point is 0 but the Nyan Nyan point is double. ( Hayao Kakizaki use)

SP 100 start: When mission start, you already filled 3 blocks SP.

Graham, the rest you may wait till Friday (that day is my day off). Do you have other things wants to translate also?? I translate it together.

I ordered from Yes-Asia and received my copy two days later. Try that and last i checked they did have the limited edition version as well. I do so love this game but I can't seem to get past a B on Frontier mission where it is the first time you fight a Vajra queen.

I learned that you can shot at Basara. Should I? Okay I am but the strange thing is I'm still beating levels by going just after Basara. My missiles that miss him end up destroying the enemy.

You could shoot at Barasa in the first game too. I always go after him first lol.

Well, after all the frustration with Macross 7, I loved shooting down the bastard. In fact, I usually go after him first and then after the enemy. Or just leave my partner alone while he/she kills off the enemy and I go crazy smashing Basara's skull against whatever I can find to bash him on, even if just my VF's fists.

I even saved a replay in MAF of Maiden's Jealousy where Mylene appears in Miria's VF-1J. She went straight after Basara instead of killing the Varauta. I kept noticing him complaining as I shot down the enemy and much to my surprise, it was Mylene clobbering her fellow band member.

Couldn't help but start laughing in glee.

Definately uncommonly long from them. Did you get a tracking number for whichever carrier they used?

No. I picked the cheapest option, which is to ship it regular air mail. They gave me a coupon with it, so I'm thinking if I order Gundam Battle Universe from them, I might spring for UPS.

It came today though... after I'd pretty much done everything besides the Ultimate mode and the Chronicle missions on my old busted PSP with an ISO. I'm thinking it might be fun to just start the game over from scratch, though. The colors certainly stand out more on the PSP-3000.

No. I picked the cheapest option, which is to ship it regular air mail. They gave me a coupon with it, so I'm thinking if I order Gundam Battle Universe from them, I might spring for UPS.

It came today though... after I'd pretty much done everything besides the Ultimate mode and the Chronicle missions on my old busted PSP with an ISO. I'm thinking it might be fun to just start the game over from scratch, though. The colors certainly stand out more on the PSP-3000.

To much to level up & too many characters to build relationships with. i'd just play through the missions again in order iwth your favorite.

To much to level up & too many characters to build relationships with. i'd just play through the missions again in order iwth your favorite.

I decided to compromise our suggestions: new campaign, same system data. I get a kick out of unlocking stuff, and this will force me to play with mecha from the right era, but I'll keep all my tune points and shop level.

I'm getting a bit pissed off with the Chronicle missions. It's not that the enemies are as cheap as the EX mission enemies from MAF, but they're absurdly fast(especially the star units/bosses like Nora). Apparently Artdink decided to take the same general route and ignore the fact that making the AI faster does NOT make it more fun(I want SMART AI, not runaroundnonstopshootingeverythingwevegotevenifitdoesnthitnearyou.

...wait, I take back the cheapness statement, all star units have the ability to use their SP attack on command, and the fact that enemies like the Large Vajra can aim their special now completely breaks the AI at close range, since its aim is almost perfect.

Take Friendly Fire(Shadow of Michael) for example. Even the small Vajra are capable of withstanding direct hits from the sniper rifle if it's not absurdly tuned, and the LV can't aim to save itself, but it essentially has THE SAME attacks as the -25G, just with the AI's godly aiming ability. And while I take little to no damage, I have 2 minutes to defeat Brera.

I mean, damn, I haven't had this little fun in a Macross mission since...er, Friendly Fire(Sad Sniper EX).

EDIT: Got an S rank now. Thankfully, Alto's AI is actually compotent, Klan serves as a distraction, and Brera slowed down right when Alto screamed "MICHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL!!!!!!!!!!" allowing my to purge my Super Pack and blast him with the standard SP attack.

Edited by D.D. Ivanov

so I'm thinking if I order Gundam Battle Universe from them, I might spring for UPS.

Extra glad I've waited so long on GBU. Play-Asia has a preorder up for Gundam Battle Universe (Gundam 30th Anniversary Collection). for about $20 less than it previously was.

I'll have to look back then on the custom soundtracks since I got every single soundtrack out pretty much. Oh that's gonna be fun.

I'm still playing MacZero, I'm at the last mission, but I ended up getting killed during my lunch break so I had to stop.

The battle against DYRL Bodolzaa is a pain in the ass to S-rank. Doing the first part in 3:30 and the second part in :40, it still won't get ANY F***ING HIGHER.

What, do I have to attack the damned grunts sitting around him, too, to raise the rank?

Edited by D.D. Ivanov

im currently on the AFOS mission,bit tough but hell this game is awesome ive had nothing but a smile on my dial with this game!! the only thing im alil disappointed with isthat i cant veiw the umd movie disc from the LE cuz my psp isnt japanese *sniff* can anyone tell me what its like? is it just selected clips from the series all placed in order to make a 'movie' of sorts?

Edited by Vepariga

im currently on the AFOS mission,bit tough but hell this game is awesome ive had nothing but a smile on my dial with this game!! the only thing im alil disappointed with isthat i cant veiw the umd movie disc from the LE cuz my psp isnt japanese *sniff* can anyone tell me what its like? is it just selected clips from the series all placed in order to make a 'movie' of sorts?

Actually, the movie disk has quite a few staff interviews and a Studio Satellite tour. I didn't watch the entire disk, but most of what I saw was hosted by Megumi Nakajima, the seiyuu that played Ranka in Frontier.

The battle against DYRL Bodolzaa is a pain in the ass to S-rank. Doing the first part in 3:30 and the second part in :40, it still won't get ANY F***ING HIGHER.

What, do I have to attack the damned grunts sitting around him, too, to raise the rank?

Nope, on the second part, go directly for Bodolza. The S/SS rank (I believe) comes in from (aside from taking no damage) taking out the Zentradi ships before Bodolza goes all alley killer. When the countdown starts, try as hard as you can to take out both ships in the center (no new ones will respawn until after the cannon blast), so you don't lose those points to Bodolza. Should raise your grade if you can do it and gtfo of there before getting hit.