Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

Im getting a bit annoyed with something, and I cant read what it is thats stopping me, but hopefully someone knows.

I just chose to play mac 7 levels, after completling most series before it, and when i try to select either of the first missions, which have exclamation marks beside them it comes up "Attention" with some writing underneath and wont let me start the mission. It then boots me back to the mission select screen.

Its happening on some previous missions as well, and i have no idea why its stopping me?

I chose to play Frontier and its letting me play those fine though.

Any help or ideas are appreciated!

Sam.

Check your pilot, partner, and support character. One of them may not be compatible.

I see that the Player, Partner & Support character all have an Auto Skill & Command Skill. How does one actually use these? Given that the buttons in MAF that activated the special skill are now used in MUF for anti-missile defence. Also what is the point of the Support Character? When I press Select in a mission, there is now no Operator option.

WTF did operator do in Ace Frontier anyway? As near as I can tell, useless chatter. Being able to tell your wingman to use their SP attack is "far" more usefull. But basically, command skill is now the new pilot skill option. It works exactly the same, but now you hit X + Missile to activate it. Auto Skill is an additional bonus skill, haven't seen a full translation, but it does things like give you more Tune or Nyan Nyan points, and a ton of other options. This happens automatically if you have your support character equipped with it. The new button combo's go:

-Melee + Missile = SP Attack

-Melee + Missile + Block (L) = Dual SP Attack (provided you & your partner have enough SP)

-Boost + Missile = Command Skill

-Boost + Primary = Anti-Missile

-Primary + Block (L) = Weapon Switch

-Target + Crosspad = Target Switch

As you see most things are still the same. But you'll come to appreciate the select menu lower ooption command (which used to be operator) during boss fights, since sometimes you just don't have enough SP, and making your partner unleash death can save your ass big time. It was something that had been in the Gundam Battle games, but was curiously left out of Ace Frontier.

Wow, Battle Galaxy kicks ass. Since the multi-lasers seem to have a slight aiming ability now, and Galaxy has more turrets than the other Macross-class vessels, using the laser rapes. Although, since the main gun is mounted on the arm in Storm Attacker now, it kinda makes it hard to aim it for the regular attack and SP attack.

Speaking of Macross-class vessels, how do I unlock the TV and ARMD versions of the SDF-1, and Battle 7? I find it strange that I managed to get the Quarter, Frontier, and Galaxy before the Macross.

Also, how do I get the VF-2SS's Super Pack? I was under the assumption that it was obtained by A-ranking "Ishtar", which I still cannot get higher than a B-rank in due to the time limit. Even Ivanov's SV-51 with its super overpowered Booster pack with uber-missilespam can't do it in less than 7 minutes.

Edited by D.D. Ivanov

Just a quick question on the customizeable BGM. Is there certain requirments the song have to have (like MB size, MP3,WAV ect.). I tried putting in Kimi ni todoke and Holy Raz from Mac 0 but it wont play them, but it plays my other customized songs. I put other songs in the same folders, that those two were in, and they worked, but nothing for those too and a few others. I'v switched them and rebooted my psp, but they wont play. Does anybody know why?

Wow, Battle Galaxy kicks ass. Since the multi-lasers seem to have a slight aiming ability now, and Galaxy has more turrets than the other Macross-class vessels, using the laser rapes. Although, since the main gun is mounted on the arm in Storm Attacker now, it kinda makes it hard to aim it for the regular attack and SP attack.

Speaking of Macross-class vessels, how do I unlock the TV and ARMD versions of the SDF-1, and Battle 7? I find it strange that I managed to get the Quarter, Frontier, and Galaxy before the Macross.

Also, how do I get the VF-2SS's Super Pack? I was under the assumption that it was obtained by A-ranking "Ishtar", which I still cannot get higher than a B-rank in due to the time limit. Even Ivanov's SV-51 with its super overpowered Booster pack with uber-missilespam can't do it in less than 7 minutes.

If you complete missions (specifically the era-clearing missions or a lot of the Extra missions) with an S-Rank, that'll sometimes do it.

If it doesn't, try buying them from the shop. By the time I had a shop level of 20 or 21 I think every unit was available.

Just a quick question on the customizeable BGM. Is there certain requirments the song have to have (like MB size, MP3,WAV ect.). I tried putting in Kimi ni todoke and Holy Raz from Mac 0 but it wont play them, but it plays my other customized songs. I put other songs in the same folders, that those two were in, and they worked, but nothing for those too and a few others. I'v switched them and rebooted my psp, but they wont play. Does anybody know why?

Hello, I had the same problem. It's probably because of the sampling rate of the mp3. The sampling rate must be 44100 hz or else the track won't play. I changed the sampling rate of my mp3s to 44100 using Adobe Soundbooth. However, you can try it with Audacity. It's a good audio editing program, so there's a high chance you are able to do something like this with it and it's free.

Really enjoying MUF so far. Only played through the tutorials and 4 of the Zero missions so far though. Want to take my time and savour it.

So far seems a bit easy than MAF. Got 'S' grade on two out of the four Zero missions I've played quite easily.

Graphics do seem a bit improved and the areas also seem a bit bigger.

Graham

Really enjoying MUF so far. Only played through the tutorials and 4 of the Zero missions so far though. Want to take my time and savour it.

So far seems a bit easy than MAF. Got 'S' grade on two out of the four Zero missions I've played quite easily.

Graphics do seem a bit improved and the areas also seem a bit bigger.

Graham

the regular missions do seem easier to get a good grade, but the boss missions are more tricky to beat and have good grades due to the bosses generally having a cheap attack, not to mention an insane amount of HP, and the camera angle making it hard to avoid the attacks, especially true for the AFOS

Ah the AFOS, impervious to everything except SOUND BOOSTERS! Long live the VF-19 Kai! Though even the Kai has been scaled back slightly in MUF, MAF let you spam the special as long as you had enough SP, MUF won't let you SP Attack again until the first one wears off.

There are just soo many special little touches in this game. Try flying in the middle of Saturns rings, and you'll not only see ice fragments, but "the rainbow of saturn." All of the 19's wings now sweet back when you boost. A lot of care went into this game.

Edited by Keith

Hello, I had the same problem. It's probably because of the sampling rate of the mp3. The sampling rate must be 44100 hz or else the track won't play. I changed the sampling rate of my mp3s to 44100 using Adobe Soundbooth. However, you can try it with Audacity. It's a good audio editing program, so there's a high chance you are able to do something like this with it and it's free.

Awesome. So it wasn't just me. Thanks for the head's up. Also can you get rid of the limiter if you use a specific unit a certain amount of times,like in MAF? I'v been using the Tom Cat, but am maxed with the limiter on, even though I have more tune pionts for it.

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Probably have to finish out the era's first, as that was the requirement in MAF. Though really, it'll be up for purchase in the Nyan Nyan shop before that.
Do you recommend playing the extra missions from the two passwords, to get extra nyan nyan pionts? I noticed I get like1158 everytime I play them and lose, so I can just imagine if I win one. The only drawback I noticed is that your heart level with everyone decreases after each loss. Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Hi, everyone. Long time haven't get on to here.

Here have a Japanese web site about MUF game detail. If you have some translate web site or softwares, it surely can help you play the game.(I'm living Hong Kong and use Chinese Trad. so don't know which web site or software can help you translate to English.)

Macross Ultimate Frontier @ 2chまとめwiki - トップページ

Here have some information most of you may wants to know that from this web site, I translated it for you.

Passwords(パスワード)

MSBWP

SPATA

TUSRJ

New Mode(モード解放)

BGM Choosing(BGM選択開放)

Can buy from Nyan Nyan Shop

Pilot Size release (機体搭乗サイズ制限解除)

Complete "SDF:Macross"(Unsure)(That makes Zentraedi/Meltrandi can ride VF's)

Pilot Limit release (搭乗者固定機体制限解除)

Nyan Nyan Shop at or above Lv14 (That makes all pilots can ride on all mechs, like Varja can ride VF's)

Choosing Operator (オペレーター選択開放)

Complete one Story

Nyan Nyan Shop actor's lines Choosing (娘々ショップ台詞選択開放)

Nyan Nyan Shop at or above Lv2. While get in shop, preessing □ button or × button (I have buy it but cannot get this function. Is my translate wrong?)

Chronicle Mode(クロニクルモード開放)

Get S rank in same title at Story missions

Pilot Skill release(パイロットスキル制限解除)

Nyan Nyan Shop at or above Lv15

Ultimate Mode(アルティメットモード開放)

Except Chronicle missions and Extra missions all get S rank OR Nyan Nyan Shop at or above Lv19

EX Challenge Mode(EXチャレンジモード開放)

Except Chronicle missions and Extra missions all get S rank OR Nyan Nyan Shop at or above Lv19

Tune Point Lower Limit release(チューン下限解除)

All Story missions complete OR Nyan Nyan Shop at or above Lv13

Turn Point Max Limit release(チューン限界解除)

All Story missions, Extra missions, Enemy missions complete OR All Story missions complete and Nyan Nyan Shop at or above Lv16 (I think most of us will buy it, because Extra mission is include using password open mission. Up til now, need 1 more password complete 100% of Extra plus Enemy mission)

Time release(時代制限解除)

All Story missions get rank A or above OR All Story missions complete and Nyan Nyan Shop at or above Lv16

To SullLeaderVF-X and other who wants to know about customizeable BGM requirement.

In the game menu book page32 have written it detail. If you haven't own one, here the requirement:

Sampling rate: 44100Hz

Codec: MPEG1 Layer3 (MP3)

Bit rate: 32kbps/ 40kbps/48kbps/56kbps/64kbps/80kbps/96kbps/112kbps/128kbps/160kbps/192kbps/224kbps/256kbps/320kbps and VBR

Wish all these can help you enjoy MUF~~

Edited by ~Homer~likeVF19A

Hey there. For beating the AIPHOS (or AFOS), I stayed in Gerwalk most of the time using the gunpod. When I ran out, I used the head laser turret in Battroid. When the enemy faces you, get out of there in Fighter mode. Try to attack from its back.

Anyway, my copy arrived today. I noticed that in the manual, there is this small brochure with announcements for goods. The YF-25 model is listed. Its name is Prophecy. Taken a look at it? It looks similar to the VF-25F.

Another nice thing is that the EX missions are available for ALL the normal missions, only with the requirement of playing with a certain mech. Big Carnival is especially good for raising Klan's status!

I cannot beat that Macross Zero mission with the big flying enemy that's the second part of the mission??? The super beam of death kills me every time and I can't figure out how to avoid it?

Get the VF-0S stats maxed (even with limiter), add the superpack to it (ghost) and try to stay behind AFOS (the big enemy) always lock on to the centerpart of the thing named AFOS and shoot it with the pod-gun and micromissiles (single lock on). took me several times to beat it, you need a bunch of luck too.

I cannot beat that Macross Zero mission with the big flying enemy that's the second part of the mission??? The super beam of death kills me every time and I can't figure out how to avoid it?

Step 1: On the Player tab, make sure that you're using the VF-0A (as you likely don't have the VF-0S yet, unless you bought it in the Shop). Also, make sure you're using "Booster Equipment." Do the same for your partner.

Step 2: As best as you can, complete the first part of the mission without losing your booster.

Step 3: Pushing the "X" button to boost, in Fighter mode, fly high and over the AFOS so that you're behind it.

Step 4: Switch to Gerwalk, and do your best to stay behind AFOS. Fire your gunpod until it's empty, spam Missile RS at it until you're empty (I believe it's L+Square to change your missile type).

Step 5: When you have enough energy, press triangle + circle to unleash your special attack. If you're partner's special is full, press select and then d-pad down to order your partner to use his or her special.

Step 6: When AFOS teleports, focus on getting behind it again, not attacking it.

Step 7: When AFOS flashes, it's about to unleash it's special attack. Focus on staying behind it. If it teleported first, listen for the audio cue that it's going to fire a special, transform into fighter, and boost-fly to get behind it.

Step 8: Repeat the above steps as necessary until AFOS is dead.

Thanks for all the help guys! I'll hopefully be able to beat it now. :D

My main problem is that it turns on a dime when it does it's beam attack and I can't boost away fast enough. I'll retry mission with the ghost pack on (if I have it unlocked).

Wow, the booster made a huge difference. Got a C b/c I died once I think, but at least I beat it! TY guys!

Edited by protostar8

I uploaded a video of how I beat the AFOS in the chronicle mission. Part 1 is the battle against Nora and Ivanov, part 2 is the actual AFOS battle:

part 1:

(The volume is a bit loud in part 2, you may want to turn down your speakers a bit. Sorry I messed up)

part 2:

Step 2: As best as you can, complete the first part of the mission without losing your booster.

As you can see in the videos, even though I kept the booster pack in the first half, it got removed in the second half. I'm not sure if this happens in all chronicle missions or just in this particular one.

@~Homer~likeVF19A Thanks, that's really helpful!

AFOS Kicked my ass for awhile but i eventually beat it by staying behind it at al times. Just wish there was a faster way with upgraded weapons and gear but it still takes forever

you know can always use afos itself for the mission once you unlock and buy it and max it out i got ss on it doing it that way

In the Zero mission where you have to retrieve the AFOS's head, after you have the head do most of you just try to get back to the south end of the canyon as quickly as possible without stopping to destroy the enemies?

Or, when you encounter an enemy, do you drop the head destroy the enemy and then pick up the head again?

I've been ignoring the enemies and just getting back to the south end of the canyon as quickly as possible. I've found if I stay in Gerwalk, hug the canyon walls and jink a lot to avoid missiles, I can get back with just over 3 minutes and most of my health left. Still, best grade I've got is a B.

Haven't tried this mission using the booster yet.

Graham

In the Zero mission where you have to retrieve the AFOS's head, after you have the head do most of you just try to get back to the south end of the canyon as quickly as possible without stopping to destroy the enemies?

Or, when you encounter an enemy, do you drop the head destroy the enemy and then pick up the head again?

I've been ignoring the enemies and just getting back to the south end of the canyon as quickly as possible. I've found if I stay in Gerwalk, hug the canyon walls and jink a lot to avoid missiles, I can get back with just over 3 minutes and most of my health left. Still, best grade I've got is a B.

Haven't tried this mission using the booster yet.

Graham

I just completed the mission, like you did, with a B by avoiding the enemies the first time. I came back to it later, after I'd unlocked the the era restrictions, with the YF-21, grabbed the head, dropped it, killed everything, then went back for the head. I wound up with an S that time.

For the record, I've got either an S or an SS on every mission aside from the Chronicle missions. Although no unit seems to have an overwhelming special like the YF-21 did in MAF, judicious use of the pin-point barrier can keep the YF-21 from taking any actual damage.

As you can see in the videos, even though I kept the booster pack in the first half, it got removed in the second half. I'm not sure if this happens in all chronicle missions or just in this particular one.

The advice I was giving was for protostar8 and others who were having trouble with AFOS in the Zero campaign. Stuff about units and boosters may or may not apply the Chronicle missions.

Edited by mikeszekely

For people who have trouble beating AFOs with the Vf-0A this should help immensely. Remember that while you are using your special, you are invulnerable. So if you see that you will be unable to avoid the super beam, just use your special and take no damage! You can't use the VF-0A's special to much effect anyway since its a melee special so might as well use it for something. While this isn't really needed for the normal version of the mission, it will definitely come in handy during the chronicle version where you dont get a pack and the AFOs has alot more health.

Right now, I am stuck trying to get a S on the chronicle version of the the final frontier mission. The queen has ludicrous amounts of health, and the only way to beat it in time is to not get hit at all since you will need the special of the armor pack you start with. Getting hit by anything will more than once will more than likely cause enough damage to cause to the armor to fall off leaving you with the VF-25F's melee special which is crap against the queen. The worst part is that it takes about 7 minutes on the first part to get to that point and if you mess up you gotta start all over.

Edited by lanis

Blocking AFOS' special really helps, too. It seems to cut the damage to a bit less than a tenth of what you would normally receive(this also works if you're in Storm Attacker mode using any of the SDFs and you are being attacking by another large enemy).

And Spacy, that's strange, given that you seemed to have gotten the game from the same seller as me, and I got mine in less than a week, despite living on the east coast of the US.

Edited by D.D. Ivanov

Blocking AFOS' special really helps, too. It seems to cut the damage to a bit less than a tenth of what you would normally receive(this also works if you're in Storm Attacker mode using any of the SDFs and you are being attacking by another large enemy).

And Spacy, that's strange, given that you seemed to have gotten the game from the same seller as me, and I got mine in less than a week, despite living on the east coast of the US.

Was it Play-Asia? I still haven't got mine, and mine supposedly shipped on October 2nd.