Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

I have a "beautyfull" problem XD

My dad have arrive from a bussines trip and he bought me a PSP Go! brand new, but... I can't add the ultimate frontier game to the memory XDDDDDDD

I need to know How I can buy the game from the psp store...

please help me XD

As far as I know, you're SOL. Sell it on ebay and getting a normal psp is your only hope until someone gets a hack working for it.

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I've been playing this great game for a few days now, I'm currently playing through the SDF Macross campaign. It's an excellent game, the only complain I have so far is that it's entirely in japanese which I can't read :(

There aren't any guides yet afaik, so I was hoping someone here could be nice enough to help me out with a little something. I read here that it's possible to replace the game's BGMs with your own mp3s. I've tried to replace a few tracks but I haven't been able to do so.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out.

Edited by onions22

Emilia, I don't know. I haven't played much of the 7 Missions. Honestly, 7 is my least favorite, but I'll take a look just because of curiosity. Regarding Liza, Raramia, Nene and Kanaria, I'm sure they're not included. Same with Chlore, whose machine we saw in a scan. Reason is that their names showed up while fighting, but they don't get a portrait and of course no voices. I'd have liked if they included them as well as the other series specific bridge operators.
This is pretty rampant in the Gundam Battle series and instead of getting better in each installment actually gets worse as they add extra eras/campaigns. "Jobber" characters will probably never get portraits or VOs.

Just waiting for my copy to reach my door. Don't know where I'll find time to play though, maybe at work :lol:

LOL!!!!! I just broke the game! I bought the stat unlimiter from the shop, now every valk can have a max tune point of 99,999 and each stat can be raised until the bar reaches the end of the screen hahahaha!

I should also mention that with high enough stats on your weapons, having packs equipped will actually lower your performance since the missiles you use with packs dont use your base stats even if its the same type of missiles.

LOL!!!!! I just broke the game! I bought the stat unlimiter from the shop, now every valk can have a max tune point of 99,999 and each stat can be raised until the bar reaches the end of the screen hahahaha!

In what part of the store? So far, I've only been buying units. I'm down to needing just 10 of them.

That stat unlimiter sounds useful for the enemy missions...

In what part of the store? So far, I've only been buying units. I'm down to needing just 10 of them.

That stat unlimiter sounds useful for the enemy missions...

if i remember, you need a pretty high shop level to get it. it should be in the same section as the bgm select. i think i was level 17 before it became available

Just out of curiosity, which control system does everyone prefer?

Going into the game I was dead set on the new REAL controls, thinking it would be more like Ace Combat (since Ace Combat 3 was the best 'Macross' game of its generation imo, hahaha - got the feeling just right...but without the transformations), but have found myself going back to NORMAL controls.

Its more cinematic and just fits better somehow imo.

How about everyone else?

Going into the game I was dead set on the new REAL controls, thinking it would be more like Ace Combat (since Ace Combat 3 was the best 'Macross' game of its generation imo, hahaha - got the feeling just right...but without the transformations), but have found myself going back to NORMAL controls.

How about everyone else?

I tried real but went back to normal. Macross air combat is just too fast for the real controls to handle, at least for me.

Oh Snap! my LE MUF has just arrived and im eyeballing the incredible case and its insides! but waa cuz my psp is at my apartment and im stuck at my 2nd home becuase my car is in the workshop dammit, that schedule book in the little firebomber broucher looks kinda cool lol. damn i want to play it,its in my hands yet im denied.

How about everyone else?

I went with Normal from the get-go.

If a Macross game was made from a flight-sim engine to begin with, then I'd consider Real. But the lineage here is the Gundam Battle games, so I knew I'd want to stick with Normal.

it is indeed pretty difficult, compared to the rest of the Mac Zero campaign.

I found this worked for me (lifted portions from Gamefaqs since it was similar to my own experience):

I used the VF-0A as I hadn't unlocked VF-0S yet. Equip the Booster pack (I prefer TypeB cause of the shot based SP, Type A seems to me melee based), and then when the stage starts, Press d-pad up + L button to lock on to the main AFOS target (head portion) and fly to the back of the AFOS

That way you can avoid the energy beam attack.

Then spam your missles and gunpod/lasers in battroid mode/ Gerwalk (I prefer gerwalk as it doesn't fall into the water, obscuring your vision). Occasionally ordering your partner to use his/her SP to eat away at the boss's shield, and then use your own SP attack.

The AFOS will attempt to teleport sometimes. just wait for it to reappear without pressing anything and the lock should still be there at the main target.

The missiles from AFOS are not a real problem, can be easily avoided ( just keep moving fast)

Now, the real pickle is when the the AFOS is more or less on 1/3 of its health bar left. It will make an extremely cheap move: it suddenly turns around to face you whereever you are, and start its SP attack, which might very well deplete your health bar fully.

What I have done is to fly sideways on full burst. This might be a little tricky to do as the stupid camera angles makes directional control really hard to grasp in this case). but will practise and some luck, you can do it. I have read that blocking (R button) will help greatly, but I have not tried that yet, so if you are really caught in that situation, maybe you can try this if you are unable to avoid the blast.

With the VF-0A, I cleared with a C grade, but I subsequently got an A grade (hoping to get a S grade) using the VF-0S unlocked after clearing the mission. So most importantly, just clear the mission first, and with the VF-0S, you can ace it later on.

Hope this helps.

Edit: got an S grade just now :)

Edited by BlueMax

I went with Normal from the get-go.

If a Macross game was made from a flight-sim engine to begin with, then I'd consider Real. But the lineage here is the Gundam Battle games, so I knew I'd want to stick with Normal.

Another little touch I noticed. When you boost with the YF21 and its variants in flight mode, its wings fold down and the tails fold in slightly.

I just unlocked Ultramode and god dam I don't know if the later missions might be possible. On the first mission of the SDFM campaign, it took me almost over 30 seconds to kill a single non star Regult with my maxed out 99,999 tune point YF21! I beat it with only an A ranking due to getting 0 points for time.

Here's a list of all the playable units. Game's spellings, not mine (mostly)

Type-14

Cheyenne

VF-0D

VF-0A

VF-0S(RF)

Proto-Monster

Type-29

SV-51a

SV-51y (NP)

SV-51y (DD)

Octos

AFOS

Defender

Spartan

Phalanx

Tomahawk

Monster

VF-1D

VF-1A

VF-1A(MJ)

VF-1J(HI)

VF-1J(MJ)

VF-1J(MF)

VF-1S(RFS)

Macross

VT-1

VF-1A(HI)

VF-1S(HI)

VF-1S(MJ)

VF-4

Macross-ARMD

Regult

Glaug

NJD-Ger

NJD-Ger

QDL-Rau

QDL-Rau(MF)

QDL-Rau(MJ)

Z-Soldier

Z-Soldier

Monster(QK)

Vrlitwhai

Boddolezer

VF-11B

YF-19

YF-21

Ghost X-9

VF-11C

VF-17D

VF-17S

VF-17S(MFJ)

VF-19F

VF-19S

VF-22S(MJ)

VF-22S(MFJ)

Fire-Val

Mylene-Val

Storm-Val

Battle-7

FZ-109A

FZ-109F

AZ-130A

FBz-99

QDL-Rau (CR)

Glavil

Gepperniti

VT-1C

VF-17D(LH)

VF-5000T-G

VF-5000G

VF-19P

VF-22S(GK)

VA-C-3

Graham

Cheyenne II

VF-171

VF-171EX

VF-171EX(AS)

RVF-171(LA)

VF-25F(AS)

VF-25S(OL)

VF-25G(MB)

RVF-25(LA)

QDL-Rea

QDL-Rea(KK)

Klan Klan G

Konig Monster

M-Quarter

Battle-F

Vajura(S)

Vajura(L)

VF-27

VF-27(BS)

Battle-G

VF-2SS

Gigamesh

Gigamesh(FF)

VF-1S(MB)

VF-19A

VF-22S(WG)

VF-9(MJ)

VF-9(MFJ)

Edited by mikeszekely

Well, regarding controls, I prefer Real. I went for it from the very start. I liked Normal in Ace Frontier, but when I knew Ultimate Frontier would have the option to use the new real mode for Fighter, I started drooling. I can even handle speed and quick changes just fine. I'm used to VF-X2 and the PS2 Macross.

Beating the AFOS can be easier than that. Just stay in Gerwalk and keep a considerable distance. Keep firing with the gunpod and when you run out, use the head turret's laser, just change to Battroid and keep running in a perpendicular direction to its line of sight. If you stay behind it, it works better.

When she starts teleporting and looking at you, change to fighter and get the hell away from that place because she'll likely unleash a beam attack. I used the VF-0A.

I've unlocked many things already. Any idea on how to get Klan with her fast pack?

On some good news, I got another PS3. I'm still using my account in case anyone wants to try adhoc party!!

Well, regarding controls, I prefer Real. I went for it from the very start. I liked Normal in Ace Frontier, but when I knew Ultimate Frontier would have the option to use the new real mode for Fighter, I started drooling. I can even handle speed and quick changes just fine. I'm used to VF-X2 and the PS2 Macross.

Beating the AFOS can be easier than that. Just stay in Gerwalk and keep a considerable distance. Keep firing with the gunpod and when you run out, use the head turret's laser, just change to Battroid and keep running in a perpendicular direction to its line of sight. If you stay behind it, it works better.

When she starts teleporting and looking at you, change to fighter and get the hell away from that place because she'll likely unleash a beam attack. I used the VF-0A.

I've unlocked many things already. Any idea on how to get Klan with her fast pack?

On some good news, I got another PS3. I'm still using my account in case anyone wants to try adhoc party!!

I think I unlocked Klan during the Extra missions. Not sure if S rank was required.

I think someone already brought this up, but one tiny thing I don't like about the game is the camera's transition to and from fighter mode in "real". Since the camera is zoomed in fighter mode, it's kinda jarring and disorientating when you transform. It doesn't zoom in/out, it just cuts to it. It's no biggie though, but I wished they changed that.

Still, I prefer real over normal. :)

Think you can possibly put up the save file for some of us to download? ^_^

For the guy asking how to get the game from the PSN store:

I took a look at the PSP game section in the Japanese store and there is no available copy of Ultimate Frontier. You're out of luck.

Sorry, man.

Still, getting a normal PSP should be relatively easy, I think.

I'd keep the Go, since it could be useful. That enormous storage capacity (for a handheld) is pretty good.

Keep something in mind, though: Sony said (said, get it?) that they will upload the games to the PSN, so it SHOULD be a matter of time until they do so. Still, for buying games on the japanese PSN store, you need to LIVE in Japan and pay with a Japanese credit card OR buy a JAPANESE PSN prepaid card online. If my memory serves me right, National Console Support has or had some. You could also look somewhere else, I don't think they're that hard to obtain...

That said, I haven't done it myself! So I can't help you more than this.

I occasionally take a look at what the Japanese PSN has, so if I see MUF, I can post it here.

Got tired of working on Zero. Tried Plus. Much easier till I get fighting both Isamu & Guld over the Earth. 5 minutes to defeat both is really cutting it.

For a layman I'm a bit confused by the Story of this game. Are we suppose to be time travelers or something going around meddling in Macross history or what?

For a layman I'm a bit confused by the Story of this game. Are we suppose to be time travelers or something going around meddling in Macross history or what?

I don't think for MAF or MUF there's supposed to be a story per say.

It's just a cool game where you can fly around in your favorite Valk in different eras blowing crap up.

Don't over think it.....LOL!

Graham

I don't think for MAF or MUF there's supposed to be a story per say.

It's just a cool game where you can fly around in your favorite Valk in different eras blowing poo up.

Don't over think it.....LOL!

Graham

I alway felt we were a side character in the era's. And we were hushed,hushed, like how Shin's story was covered up in Mac 0. But I just try not to over think it. And like Graham said, just enjoy it while blowing poo up.