Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

OK, after registering for the stupid nicovideo account...l

OMFG

COMBINATION ATTACKS ARE AWESOME!!

-Ghost X-9 playable & comfirmed

-Whale Blood VF-19P (or at least color change option) comfirmed!

-VF-25G W/Sound Boosters has the freakin' sparkle effect, AWESOME

Also looks like the missile lock system is much more "macross-ey" than before. The will indeed be seperate TV & Movie versions of the same characters. A seperate movie & TV Macross....and damn, so excited now.

4 player LAN confimred!

I say this calls for a MUF tourney at next years con.

I know there are not many with PS3s, but hey, with the price drop of the PS3, it'd be sweet if some more people would get on Adhoc Party. And if there is a MWcon next year, since I know I won't be able to attend, at least setting a match using a PS3 would be feasible. That way, people that can't attend, but ARE Macross fans, could get their little bite of the con, don't you think?

Downloaded the MUF vid and tried to convert it with Agile PSP Converter software, so I can watch it on my PSP, but even after converting, My PSP is saying it's an invalid file format.

Anybody else tried putting it on their PSP and had the same problems or success?

Graham

I know there are not many with PS3s, but hey, with the price drop of the PS3, it'd be sweet if some more people would get on Adhoc Party. And if there is a MWcon next year, since I know I won't be able to attend, at least setting a match using a PS3 would be feasible. That way, people that can't attend, but ARE Macross fans, could get their little bite of the con, don't you think?

And hopefully start a trend. Adhoc Party is a freakin' ghost town where Ace Frontier is concerned.

Downloaded the MUF vid and tried to convert it with Agile PSP Converter software, so I can watch it on my PSP, but even after converting, My PSP is saying it's an invalid file format.

Anybody else tried putting it on their PSP and had the same problems or success?

Graham

I haven't tried that particular video but I have PSP 9 and I've used it successfully to put a lot of Macross Frontier videos on. Are you sure your folders are setup right? My custom firmware messed up the folder layout on one of my cards so I reformatted an extra pro duo and it worked fine.

And hopefully start a trend. Adhoc Party is a freakin' ghost town where Ace Frontier is concerned.

Ghost town... Sounds about right. All I see people playing in there is Monster Hunter Whatever. Not even Phantasy Star Portable seems popular anymore... Boohoo.

A good people bunching for MUF would kick major ass. Probably as soon as it comes out, there will be people playing it. Or so I hope.

Anyway, what machines would you all use, and what colors? I'm partial to the VF-1S, VF-22S the VF-25F and awaiting the VF-2SS myself. Since MAF has color editing, there are some really nice customization possibilities.

I tend to prefer dark colors for the main body and reds or blues for the highlights.

Don't know if it's been postd yet but the image of the 1st press is shown here - http://www.yesasia.com/global/macross-ulti...-0-en/info.html

I prefer the normal release to be honest.. what are we getting btw again? how much will be in the art book? rehash art or new?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I thought i read it in previous pages like a month ago...

ahh -

and in addition the package (art) will be an exclusive illustration by Haruhiko Mikimoto. An item indispensible to fans!

so it's settled, standard edition for me! lol that's good, i seriously didn't want to spend the extra dosh.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

More special edition for me then!

Damn you! You have the cash! =P

Just wondering... Since I use a custom firmware... And looking through the options for it... It SEEMS, I can run UMDs from other regions...

Hmmm... But eh... I had money only to buy the regular version, so why should I care now? Boohoo...

Anyway, this wait is killing me... I want Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 as well... NNNNGGGGHH!!! It hurts to wait this long!!

Oh, I forgot. I was watching the commercial for MUF, and noticed Minmay talking. Is Mari Iijima reprising her role here? Or is it a new VA?

I was wondering, since she sounded so different. Also, the last role I heard her on was as Aska in the Cy Girls game for the PS2, which upon finishing kicked me on the balls because of the surprise. I then ran a search, and lo and behold! It was Ms. Iijima.

THIRD EDIT:

THE SITE WAS UPDATED WITH A MOVIE!! GO WATCH! CTHULHU COMMANDS THEE!!

Or well, at least Misa commands you... =P

Edited by CrazyMartian

Rule #1 for being an anime fan: Not having money for something has absolutely nothing to do with getting something. If you can't afford it, scrimp, scrounge, save, mow lawns (even if you're over 30), and damn, Sigma 2 will be like $30 in 6 months, get the special edition!

Ok guys im really excited about this game, eventhough I finally just got ace frontier last week;) I just pre ordered the limited edition from NCS, since play Asia are sold out of the limited, I am wondering since the game is relesed on oct 1, do we have to wait for the retailer to get then then ship them or will they arealdy have them on oct1? Saying that we have to wait another week to get it. Also I just downloaded the ad hoc party for ps3 and I have no clue how to work it help appreaciated thanks.

Ok guys im really excited about this game, eventhough I finally just got ace frontier last week;) I just pre ordered the limited edition from NCS, since play Asia are sold out of the limited, I am wondering since the game is relesed on oct 1, do we have to wait for the retailer to get then then ship them or will they arealdy have them on oct1? Saying that we have to wait another week to get it. Also I just downloaded the ad hoc party for ps3 and I have no clue how to work it help appreaciated thanks.

I posted a tutorial for Adhoc Party here, if my memory doesn't fail me... But I forgot where! Haha! I suck.

Can someone give this fellow fan a link to the mini tutorial? I... Well, I forgot where I posted it, heheh...

Oh, Murphy. If you want, add me on the PSN. My PSN handle is down in my sig.

A Macross fan on Adhoc Party is a rare and sorely needed person indeed, as AdhocParty is Macross-player-barren.

=)

Edited by CrazyMartian

Okay. I just pre-ordered the L.E of MUF. My question is, does anybody know for sure if the extra UMD is region locked? If so. I'am hoping someone will rip and post up the video to download. I dont really want to buy a region 2 psp for just one umd. :(

I hope the umd is not region locked too, If so I might trade in my psp for a Japanese psp at japanvideogames in so cal, I might loose money but hey it's for macross. So appaently the specail art is the outer box that the game/movie umd disk case come in. So the LE we still get the original cover for the game that the umd disk comes in and an outer box that holds that. Hmmmmm I wish it came with a little book that had picts of valks and character info of the game, hmmmm but then again I can't read Japanese oh well at least I can stare at the pretty box

If the UMD does turn out to be region locked Im fairly sure I can be copied off and re-encoded so that you can watch it off a memorystick, IIRC this is something a friend of mine has done before.

How would you go about ripping a propritary format that doesn't read in anything else but a PSP?