Classics Jetfire to VF-1S

Boggs6ft7

Hi, someone suggested that I post this over here for you guys to see.

I've always like the Fokker VF-1S color scheme and wanted to put that on Hasbro's latest version of Jetfire since it had some throwbacs to the original design. This was my first project after getting a real air brush, IWATA HP-CS. I had to get two other kits as well to get all of the decals. I was going for a more worn down look, but I tried not to overdo it.

I molded a second canopy so that I could have an appropriate canopy for bot mode or jet. I would prefer a more narrow head, but I this figure doesn't allow for that as a jet.

Hope you all like him and its not seen too much as blasphemy.

post-11929-1243830037_thumb.jpg post-11929-1243830072_thumb.jpg post-11929-1243830112_thumb.jpg post-11929-1243830136_thumb.jpg post-11929-1243830169_thumb.jpg post-11929-1243830211_thumb.jpg post-11929-1243830270_thumb.jpg post-11929-1243830302_thumb.jpg post-11929-1243830358_thumb.jpg post-11929-1243830391_thumb.jpg post-11929-1243830416_thumb.jpg post-11929-1243830480_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boggs6ft7

I have always liked that rendition of Jetfire, just enough of the Taka/Bandai original with modern TF designs. Now you go and paint it as a Fokker, Awesome. I have painted up my one to look more used, but keeping the original colours. I have always thought they always look too clean, TF's are dirty scratched and dented.

Recently I saw the Japanese version, IMO it is better than the U.S/U.K version. May have to break out the paints again.

Ok, now what mentioned, but never seen VF model is this? One of the space only ones meant for cheap mass production right? Very nice work, would be perfect if not for that arm kibble in fighter mode.

What kind of paint did you use?

Mostly Tamiya acrylics.

Ok, now what mentioned, but never seen VF model is this? One of the space only ones meant for cheap mass production right? Very nice work, would be perfect if not for that arm kibble in fighter mode.

Kinda. Hasbro/Takara wanted a Jetfire that resembled the old Bandai one but also had elements of how he appeared in the original Transformers cartoon.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

haha... that's a very cool custom... this classics Jetfire was probably the best mold of a reincarnated jetfire to do a VF-1 custom paint scheme... every other Jetfire incarnation has been pretty crappy...

Actually, that's not Jetfire. That's Treadbolt.

Seen 'em at Walmart for about $25 US. They're blue with yellow trim, no?

Nope, its actually Jetfire. Treadbolt is the same mold, just a different color. I didn't use him because I didn't care for hte canopy color, it was more of a read. Plus since Jetfire's base color is white, should there be any rubbing problems, it won't be as noticable.

Here is what he originally looked like.

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attachmen...tachmentid=3099

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attachmen...tachmentid=3098

wow .. that is pretty nice.. how does it hold up during transformation?

Pretty good.

I took some time to sand down the problems areas that I learned about from my first custom I did from this mold (Evil Jetfire) That in combination of coating him in future and then dullcoat has given him a fairly strong skin. That doesn't mean that care shoudln't be taken during transformation, but I usally transform something like this once, and then leave him in bot mode.

post-11929-1243892735_thumb.jpg

Nope, its actually Jetfire. Treadbolt is the same mold, just a different color. I didn't use him because I didn't care for hte canopy color, it was more of a read. Plus since Jetfire's base color is white, should there be any rubbing problems, it won't be as noticable.

Here is what he originally looked like.

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attachmen...tachmentid=3099

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attachmen...tachmentid=3098

THAT'S why he looked so familiar...

How much did Jetfire cost you?

err... ok good work and effort bro

but this is blasphemy!!!

if this was the 5th century,

Macross World members would have you burnt on the stake for this atrocity.

no, they would applaud him for a good job and a nice little spit in the face of talking robots everywhere...

But Walmart never has him... Looks like I'm stuck with Treadbolt.

Oh, you'll never find Jetfire in the store again, that figure came out two years ago. Treadbolt is the only one that is still available and those are quickly going away to be replaced with the new movie toys.

Obvious VF-1 rip, though.

That is what they were trying to do. The original Jetfire toy was made by Takatoku Toys, who made all the original Macross stuff, but distributed by Takara/Hasbro. Takatoku was eventually bought out by Bandai, Takara's compeititor. So neither Takara or Hasbro could use that mold again, and Bandai couldn't release that figure because they didn't own the rights to Jetfire. Just a big legal mess.

This was the best that could be done without infringing on Bandai's rights. It's not as nice as actual Valks, but then if it was too nice, I wouldn't have as much fun customizing them. :)

err... ok good work and effort bro

but this is blasphemy!!!

if this was the 5th century,

Macross World members would have you burnt on the stake for this atrocity.

Just trying to take Jetfire back to his roots, but I can understand your disapproval. Don't think of it as a downgrade to a Valk, just think of it as an upgrade to a Transformer.

• 2 weeks later...

blasphemy....no..... you have corrected a great injunction against what is called truth. C'mon!!!! Transformers are/have been ripping off the veritech for long enough! You made it as it should be and superbly done.

Maybe mike bay <-sp? will get $100 gillion to do a crappy US Macross film. Bay will star in his own movie as Fokker but he wont die in the rewrite! <-more blasphemy.