yamato macross zero 1/60 sv-51 choice

dreadnought

hello,

i'm a bit new to macross.

I am in the process of buying some of the macross zero toys (vf-0A i ordered allready) and now i'd like to add a yamato 1/60 sv-51 (as they are on sale at the moment), but i have difficulty deciding which to buy of the 3.

Besides color are there any difference between the ivanov, nora or alpha version?? (weapons, extra's and notably quality wise)?

And for thoughts purpose, which would you buy if you could buy only 1 of them?

Thanks for the answers in advance,

D.

Edited by dreadnought

Welcome to Macrossworld! I have the v.1 Ivanov (that I repainted, see my Avatar, and you can see more of it in my signiture link if you are interested) The Ivanov was pretty good quality wise. The main issues I think it had where one of the wing hinges needed to be Flipped, other wise it wouldn't fold completely. That isn't really a hard fix but still something worth reporting. It also tended to be a little floppy in the wing area, but members here found that just a dab of clear nailpolish or even super glue works great to make them very sturdy. Just be sure to move the joint while the glue dries, that way it won't actually set the wing straight but instead will just make it tighter. I don't have the other 2 versions but I think they were both prettymuch perfect QC wise. So it really comes down to what look you like better. Hope this helps. :)

Chris

Edited by Dobber

They're all great colors but i think you cant go wrong with nora or ivanov.

if you get the cf one, you might always wonder "what if I had a main villan's' fighter".

personally i have ivanov and nora. the dark grey is cool and all but nora's has

that hot rod feel to it. (for me it does anyways).

good luck on your decision!

Edited by Negotiator

I prefer character mecha over cannon foder so it would be Nora versus Ivanov for me.

In terms of colors: The darker the color the more pronounced the silloutte is compared to the details and vice versa.

I'm not the biggest fan of the shape of the Sv-51 and the stripes make the Nora a bit more dynamic so I personally like that one best.

If you prefer a more realistic, less anime like color scheme or a military feel then go for the Ivanov.

The 1st release of Ivanov have Very loose Wings and the random hinge problem, I'm not sure about the later release. Nora's tight.

Personally I feel Ivanov and Nora are equally beautiful in different ways. For your case, I would suggest you get Nora since you have ordered the VF-0A. I got myself a Ivanov to keep Roy VF-0 accompany.

If u decide to buy Ivanov, make sure you check whether the loose wings and hinge problem have been fixed, my Ivanov have wings so loose that the wings touches the ground when posed in fighter mode when fully loaded.

Welcome aboard Dreadnought!! Like the others said of the SV-51, Ivanov 1st edition is a bit loose, Most of the Nora's are tight, but some are loose too, (See the Collection DX video). But if you want one, get the Mass production SV-51 version, not everyone's cup of tea for a paint scheme, buts shes tight as a rock and perfect for customizing!! B))

Mine is still boxed up, But I'll be doing a SU-35 Flanker Camo pattern with that one some day soon, Give Dobber a run for his money!! :p

Edited by 505thAirborne

yeah, Nora or Ivanov... i kept my Nora and sold off my unopened Ivanov coz i was scared off by some of the bad qc stories... but both definitely look badass w/ their respective color schemes when you see them in person... :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

I have an Ivanov. No complaints. Considering getting a Nora. I really wanted a cannon fodder, too, but the colours they went with are just really, really, really not good in my opinion.

Well, I shouldn't say "no complaints", the joints are really loose. Not so much that you can't pose it, but it is a bit annoying.

Edited by Radd

I had first edition Ivanov and he was a floppy mess. My new "later editin" Ivanov is solid and tight. Nora was always solid and tight.

I'll be getting more Noras, Ivanovs and the CF Alpha scheme later this year.

Definitely one of the best offerings from Yamato.

Pete

my cannon fodder is a little bit loose on the

joint at the thigh, the part which helps to

splay the legs, just above the knees. any

advise on how to tighten it?

gerwalk mode is my favorite. i also like

the ivanov but the problem is how to be

sure you are getting the fixed version as

they both come in the same packaging,

without any differentiating marks, IIRC.

I think while some versions may be a bit floppier than others; I think it's more important to get the one that you like the best.

The CF... is a CF. Someone just like CFs (so real!).

The Nora is a cocky graceful bird in purple red and golden markings. Someone thinks it looks like a clown though.

The Ivanov is a big crow, waiting to strike from behind. Someone thinks it's just boring.

Just pick one that you like the most!

hello,

i'm a bit new to macross.

I am in the process of buying some of the macross zero toys (vf-0A i ordered allready) and now i'd like to add a yamato 1/60 sv-51 (as they are on sale at the moment), but i have difficulty deciding which to buy of the 3.

Besides color are there any difference between the ivanov, nora or alpha version?? (weapons, extra's and notably quality wise)?

And for thoughts purpose, which would you buy if you could buy only 1 of them?

Thanks for the answers in advance,

D.

I couldn't decide myself, so I ordered all three versions and got them today from hlj. dreadnought, definitely go for the Nora paint scheme, if you can only get one. It'll really pop out at you compared to other canon valks. Gotta say I'm really happy with these SV-51s, all are solid, beautiful, plus an included display stand! Thank you Yamato.

hello,

I decided to get the alpha version for now, as it is a mass production verison with a realistic colorsceme that goes well with my other realistic colorsceme valkyries (VF-0A, VF1-J Stealth, VF-1A low viz version 2, etc..).

The pink version is also beautiful, but i got my finances to worry about.

Edited by dreadnought

Exploding wings??? :blink:

I've never hear of this 'til now.

exploding knees and floppy wings, not exploding wings! ^_^

As I recall someone had one of the knees of their Ivanov (right knee IIRC) basically fall to pieces when he tried to rotate it around during transformation. Seems to be quite an isolated incident though.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI for anyone who may be interested: HLJ is currently running a 40% off sale on all three Yamato SV-51 toys. I already had an Ivanov version but couldn't pass up on getting a Nora type for 13080 Yen +S&H, and with today's exchange rate the price is even better.

Edited by mechaninac