Variable Fighter Master File VF-1 Valkyrie Vol. 1

sketchley

Jotting down the info I have on this book so far:

Variable Fighter Master File VF-1 Valkyrie (tentative) (large size book)

ヴァリアブルファイター・マスターファイル VF-1バルキリー(仮) (大型本)

Publisher: Softbank Creative (ソフトバンククリエイティブ)

ISBN: 978-4-7973-5182-8

W/ tax: 2,625円 (w/0 tax 2,500円)

GA Graphic Editorial Department

Release date: 2009.03.24

Size: A4

Page number: 128

Sources:

http://www.cbook24.com/shop/ProductDetail....p;WKCD=F1000188

http://www.1999.co.jp/10084551

http://www.bk1.jp/product/03087448

I haven't found any further descriptions on the book than in the link already posted in MW.

EDIT:

Amazon Japan: http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1...8/dp/4797351829

Edited by sketchley

There will be a new book on VF-1 fighter. I'm hopeful that it will have good data on the fighter.

info: http://www.cbook24.com/shop/ProductDetail....p;WKCD=F1000188

date out : 3/24/2009

I just saw someone posted - Oh well ;)

Edited by Major Tom

With a little luck maybe this will be the start of a line of books for the tech side of Macross.

I'm hoping so. The Vol.01 part is very intruging. I wonder what will be in vol.02 (if it ever gets made): the VF-11? Or the second half of the VF-1??? :lol:

I'm hoping so. The Vol.01 part is very intruging. I wonder what will be in vol.02 (if it ever gets made): the VF-11? Or the second half of the VF-1??? :lol:

I'm just wondering how much more there is to tell about the VF-1...hasn't it been covered pretty thoroughly and then some?

I'm just wondering how much more there is to tell about the VF-1...hasn't it been covered pretty thoroughly and then some?

No and no. Apparently there's never enough to tell about the VF-1. The Chronicles should tell you that already.

Hmmm. Good point.

I still imagine that this book (like the Chronicle pages) will be more of a consolidation of previously documented stuff...might have some nice pics, though.

Hopefully it'll have a bunch of new text, as well as one or two new pieces of artwork dating back to SDF:M that were never printed.

I say that, because new VF-1 artwork DID appear in "Kawamori Shoji Design Works". (Though it was only of one of the dorsal FAST pack pods...)

Edited by sketchley

Given the publisher and the price, I'm wondering if this is going to be one of those glossy photo books that focusses on all the varous VF-1 toys and models produced since 1982 and not actually a tech spec/lineart book.

I'm sure they'll be specs...repeated specs, but specs. The rest will probably be devoted to toys, models, old artwork and Hidetaka Tenjin artwork...probably in that order of majority.

Given the publisher and the price, I'm wondering if this is going to be one of those glossy photo books that focusses on all the varous VF-1 toys and models produced since 1982 and not actually a tech spec/lineart book.

Graham

Way to crush my dreams, thanks

I'm sure they'll be specs...repeated specs, but specs. The rest will probably be devoted to toys, models, old artwork and Hidetaka Tenjin artwork...probably in that order of majority.

Kick me when I'm down why don't you.

:D

Edited by hobbes221

• 3 weeks later...
Jotting down the info I have on this book so far:

Variable Fighter Master File VF-1 Valkyrie (tentative) (large size book)

ヴァリアブルファイター・マスターファイル VF-1バルキリー(仮) (大型本)

Publisher: Softbank Creative (ソフトバンククリエイティブ)

ISBN: 978-4-7973-5182-8

W/ tax: 2,625円 (w/0 tax 2,500円)

GA Graphic Editorial Department

Release date: 2009.03.24

Size: A4

Page number: 128

According to Amazon Japan, the release date has been shifted to May <_<

That's a bit disappointing.

There's a new release out for mecha of Patlabour, which has reminded me of this book. What is troubling me, is that the Patlabour book is 95% text, little or no lineart, and only a few new pieces of (colour) art. Hopefully, the VF-1 book won't be like it. Fingers crossed.

That's a bit disappointing.

There's a new release out for mecha of Patlabour, which has reminded me of this book. What is troubling me, is that the Patlabour book is 95% text, little or no lineart, and only a few new pieces of (colour) art. Hopefully, the VF-1 book won't be like it. Fingers crossed.

Did someone asked for a detail technical spec paper? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for providing an isbn number. I'm gonna take that down to Kinokuniya next week and see if I can order one. I wish there was a cover for it, so I can know what to look for.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is it actually out?

Anybody here actually have it in their hands yet?

As of last Friday, the stores here were saying end of the month.

Graham

It's also for sale @ yamato's website: http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/detail...p;infolnk=index

It has a release date of July 15th (yesterday) and... the website lists the index of the book:

004 VF Photo Files/VF フォトファイル

018 VF-1 5-Side View/VF-1 五面図 1/72

024 Structure and system of the VF-1/VF-1バルキリーの構造とシステム

040 Cutaway Drawing of the VF-1/VF-1バルキリー機体構造図

042 Cockpit System/VF-1のコクピットシステム

045 Weapons & Stores for the VF-1/VF-1搭載兵装

052 Haward GU-11 Gunpod/ハワード GU-11ガンポッド

054 Block Numbers and Details/VF-1の生産ブロック解説

058 VF-1 Variations/VF-1バリエーションズ

061 The Variable Fighter/可変戦闘機としてのVF-1

066 Transformation Sequence/VF-1変形シークエンス

068 Caution sign and Modex/VF-1コーションデータ

074 Pilot Suites/統合軍可変戦闘機パイロットスーツ

075 The Over Technology of Macross At The VF-1 Series/VFにおけるOTM

079 Thermonuclear Turbine Engine/VF-1の熱核タービンエンジン

081 Development of The VF-1 Series/VF-1バルキリー開発史

089 VF-0 Phoenix/VF-0フェニックス

090 The Story of Streak Valkyrie's Challenge/ストリークバルキリーの挑戦

094 VF-1 Squadrons 2009-2014/VF-1部隊配置

096 VF-1 Operations/VF-1部隊運用

100 CVS-101 Prometheus/CVS-101プロメテウス

108 Extra Files of VF "VF-1JA"/VFエクストラファイル「VF-1JA」

119 Squadron Marking of "Valkyrie" /VF-1 部隊カラー&マーキング

At first glance it seems like a modern day MAT book.... there is actually unofficial MAT stuff mixed in.

I wonder why Ninomiya's concept of specialized ground-attack variant VF-1G of Model Graphix got changed to a variant that appears it should be designated the VEFR-1. Finally, the AMM of the composite-guided multipurpose missile AMM-1's designation is explained.... Air-launched Medium-range Missile. Is it official? Probably not.... : ( Lots of new fan-created model numbers and ideas. What is up with the square-shaped radar antenna/FCS?

Pretty cool schematics and CG..... but.... hardly a comprehensive official master file....

www.macrossmecha.info

Ack.... forgot this one comment:

Why does everyone always forget the VF-1's long-range anti-air reaction missile?

Everyone either forgets about it, gets it confused with the RMS-1 large-sized anti-warship reaction projectile or doesn't even know it exists.... : (

www.macrossmecha.info