Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

Someone in 'Toysdaily' mention about the hatch from the 'landing' feet will be different... I don't know where he get this info from. I think he means the landing gears.

And I can only guess Bandai will change the wheels/landing gears with better details - that is one of the easiest thing they can improve the VF25.

It could simply be a different design for the landing gear bay covers--- if you look at the super pack and the toy, the super pack actually covers the landing gear bays and so there is a piece that hinges out of the way (outwards)--opposite in direction to the way the landing gear bay doors open (inwards). Maybe this solution could not be implemented for the Armour pack.

Another alternative could be that the Armour pack hangs so low that the landing gears are not long enough, which will prompt Bandai to give us longer landing gears (I hope!)

Hopefully, we'll get a new head sculpt and a redesigned neck that can extend more.

The present neck isn't too bad, if you know the correct transformation method (which some people still don't), but of course with the armor fitted a longer neck will look much better.

Graham

i believe im one of those who don't can someone point me in the right direction? (thread/post)

Page 65'ish of the old thread. I still find the head/neck lacking even with the correct transformation. Maybe Bandai'll throw in a longer neck peg so we don't have to do the neck mod.

I'm not too optimistic about this actually, considering that the crotch piece, which would be resting against the base of the neck piece in fighter mode, has to accommodate an additional piece of crotch armour, which means that there is even less space for a longer neck.

Page 65'ish of the old thread. I still find the head/neck lacking even with the correct transformation. Maybe Bandai'll throw in a longer neck peg so we don't have to do the neck mod.

Erm......ok...........

which old thread, the "old thread" aren't that long

Erm......ok...........

which old thread, the "old thread" aren't that long

It should be the Official Bandai 1/60 Scale blah blah blah Ver. 3 It should be in the Hall of the Superthreads section. Where all old super threads go to retire. B))

http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp/mnas/...D=4543112568175

May be someone can accurately translate the detail description there.

Not much we don't already know. A few interesting highlights are:

New minor detail added (based on Kawamori's updated design sketches)

New landing gear hatch design.

Packed with tons of missiles (but didn't mention if they are removable or molded in the armor parts)

Comes with display stand

Not much we don't already know. A few interesting highlights are:

New minor detail added (based on Kawamori's updated design sketches)

New landing gear hatch design.

Packed with tons of missiles (but didn't mention if they are removable or molded in the armor parts)

Comes with display stand

Hmm... could the minor detail part mean that this release of the VF-25S will be the movie version rather than the TV version?

Also, with the new landing gear hatch design, I guess the Armoured pack won't be back-compatible with the current DX toy, which is a pity. Looks like there won't be a neck or laser re-design.

Hmm... could the minor detail part mean that this release of the VF-25S will be the movie version rather than the TV version?

Also, with the new landing gear hatch design, I guess the Armoured pack won't be back-compatible with the current DX toy, which is a pity. Looks like there won't be a neck or laser re-design.

From the way they say it, the 'additional detail' is very vague, and can be something as minor as adding a couple panel lines or tampo print. So don't hold your breath on this until further announcement from Bandai.

From the way they say it, the 'additional detail' is very vague, and can be something as minor as adding a couple panel lines or tampo print. So don't hold your breath on this until further announcement from Bandai.

VF-25F HD-color version. Re-colored for the movie. Comes with Sheryl and Ranka decals. :blink::lol:

Frankly, chances of Bandai milking the design are fairly high at the moment. The current VF-25s are all the same design with different heads and accessories.

so the fast pack bundle is coming too?? its not a web exclusive anymore?

Stand alone Super Pack for 25S is still web shop exclusive. Armor Pack will be released as non-exclusive bundled set.

I hope that they improve the paint stamp, every time that I do a transform on my DX I lose some paint <_<

Amen to that! My VF-25F already looks battle weary from all the paint scratches--- I'm actually thinking of weathering it to make it look used :p

The Armored VF-25 is being released right before my birthday, that might cut some slack from the spouse when I tell her what I want for a present :lol:

Amen to that! My VF-25F already looks battle weary from all the paint scratches--- I'm actually thinking of weathering it to make it look used :p

Would it help to spray a layer of clearcoat over the toy to help with the paint rubbing off or will it just come right off also due to the smoothness of the plastic? Anyone tried?

Paint rubbing off is a major annoyance to me as I care about how my stuff looks and so I would like to try to prevent the wear from just normal handling if it's possible when I eventually get mine.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Would it help to spray a layer of clearcoat over the toy to help with the paint rubbing off or will it just come right off also due to the smoothness of the plastic? Anyone tried?

Paint rubbing off is a major annoyance to me as I care about how my stuff looks and so I would like to try to prevent the wear from just normal handling if it's possible when I eventually get mine.

I've no idea how well the clearcoat will adhere to the plastic-- I don't think anyone has actually tried it yet. You could be the first ;)

I've no idea how well the clearcoat will adhere to the plastic-- I don't think anyone has actually tried it yet. You could be the first ;)

Be aware that the clearcoat may react with the paint and screw everything up, so try it out somewhere you can't see before doing the entire Valk. Also, not being able to take certain assemblies apart might be a problem...

*preorders Armoured VF25S at HLJ*

I bit the bullet, I just couldn't resist..it's about the only VF-25 configuration I like.

^_^

Same here. I might get the G and the RVF as well, though, as I like them too.

Hopefully the new design they are hinting at is non-bendy Gashapon head lasers.

Vostok 7