Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

I've gone back and checked my VF-25S--- and that thigh area is painted in the proper colours above and below the gerwalk hinge-- but the hinge itself is not painted. It's less noticeable because it is light grey on dark grey, wheas on the VF-25G it is white on blue. I guess Bandai just decided to forgo painting the entire area from the hinge to the start of the kneecap? Note that the promo photos of the VF-25S had the whole part properly painted as well while the toy did not. That explains the discrepancy between the promo shots and the actual toy-- a little false advertising by Bandai I guess.

Please do keep us updated on your fix, and whether you can achieve the same finish as the toy on that part!

Edited by edwin3060

I've gone back and checked my VF-25S--- and that thigh area is painted in the proper colours above and below the gerwalk hinge-- but the hinge itself is not painted. It's less noticeable because it is light grey on dark grey, wheas on the VF-25G it is white on blue. I guess Bandai just decided to forgo painting the entire area from the hinge to the start of the kneecap? Note that the promo photos of the VF-25S had the whole part properly painted as well while the toy did not. That explains the discrepancy between the promo shots and the actual toy-- a little false advertising by Bandai I guess.

Please do keep us updated on your fix, and whether you can achieve the same finish as the toy on that part!

:huh:

I see now : it is not mistake : any paint job would be ruined considering the area

but it would actually depend on how tight it is

It was ok on my SV-51 custom ( it remain ok on the articulation area )

it will be my first vf-25 ^_^ I am starting with lucas and Michel

I agree

I just found it really strange that they messed up

as it was right on the proto

anyway no big deal I am going to fix it on mine

a bit of tamiya tape and a good white spray application should erase that mistake

maybe too much paint chipping with the FAST pack thigh armor attached?

I'm not sure whether they only changed the neck as it looks like they changed the head sculpt to make it thinner and less broad as well-- bendy lasers are still there though. Overall, it still is an improvement over the original! Also, the chest and shoulder parts are just the Super parts, not the Armoured parts, as evidenced by the lack of fold down armour over the centre chest and the shoulders.

I believe the head sculpt has remained the same. The head just looks thinner in the pic because it can angle down now like it's supposed to and still remain a good bit above the chest. In the original 25S release, due to the short neck, most people positioned the head more horizontally giving it a short, squat appearance.

:huh:

I see now : it is not mistake : any paint job would be ruined considering the area

but it would actually depend on how tight it is

It was ok on my SV-51 custom ( it remain ok on the articulation area )

it will be my first vf-25 ^_^ I am starting with lucas and Michel

GK, Eugimon: Actually it is (kind of) a mistake, or at the very least a wrong decision--because the whole part is diecast you would have to paint it anyway--regardless of whether you painted it white or blue shouldn't make a difference, fast packs or no. And the different colouring around the hinge of the VF-25S is just weird.

MJ: I believe you may well be right! I wonder how they managed to extend the neck then, while allowing it to transform with the Armour pack on (taking into account the crotch armour). If, as it seems likely, they went with the collapsible neck, I hope they make it durable!

Edited by edwin3060

sorry to be pessimistic but I only see the same old short neck over extended

Nope your seeing a mod that a fan made using a revoltech joint(or wave joint, someone here did it before).

Oh man, I'm glad I waited(looks at Quinjester), the 25S' new head sculpt looks great! Very menacing, as it should be.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

The new VF-25S head is identical to the old, only this time it's planted on a telescopic joint. XD Go go gadget neck!

Excellent armor though!

I admit, I caved in when I saw Michel's valk and ordered it - despite having negative experiences with the previous two valks. Had to trash my 25S - it fell off my shelf and it broke in every possible place imaginable! I never had a toy break up like that before... Even my yammies survived the fall off the same shelf without a single scratch.

Did they fix the loose / floppy / overly tight, self destructing shoulders on these guys? The last thing I need is to salvage more screws from my old Bandai figures to hold them in place...

As I did twice before...

The new VF-25S head is identical to the old, only this time it's planted on a telescopic joint. XD Go go gadget neck!

Excellent armor though!

I admit, I caved in when I saw Michel's valk and ordered it - despite having negative experiences with the previous two valks. Had to trash my 25S - it fell off my shelf and it broke in every possible place imaginable! I never had a toy break up like that before... Even my yammies survived the fall off the same shelf without a single scratch.

Did they fix the loose / floppy / overly tight, self destructing shoulders on these guys? The last thing I need is to salvage more screws from my old Bandai figures to hold them in place...

As I did twice before...

That's sad. Which parts broke? I thought the VF-25 should be more durable than that.

Ghostkiller: Luca will be out on the 28th.

I'm reading some interesting comments at the Japanese 2ch board...

I don't know if it's BS or not... as it is 2ch... but...

Supposedly, those "holes" we saw previously are for attaching the radar dome. And that the next release of Alto VF-25 (as well as Ozma I would assume) will have those holes too.

Also, the next release of Alto/Ozma will have a fix of - being able to raise those lower legs into more correct form in fighter mode.

All of this is not confirmed. It could just be 2ch BS. But this is something to look out for when the next release of Alto VF-25 comes.

Edited by Vifam7

well damn, if they fix the leg position in fighter mode along with this new neck, I'll be there!

If the legs in fighter mode will be made to sit higher like they should, I'll be right there with you! Otherwise, 1/72's and/or 1/100's will have to do for my fighter mode fix.

-Kyp

Supposedly, those "holes" we saw previously are for attaching the radar dome. And that the next release of Alto VF-25 (as well as Ozma I would assume) will have those holes too.

Also, the next release of Alto/Ozma will have a fix of - being able to raise those lower legs into more correct form in fighter mode.

All of this is not confirmed. It could just be 2ch BS. But this is something to look out for when the next release of Alto VF-25 comes.

Merely an educated guess on my part, but if you look at the pics earlier in the thread showing the new holes (pg 11 of this thread) and also the cg prototype pics of the super fold booster add-on, it looks like 4 of the 5 new holes (the holes marked 1,2,3, and 4 in the pic) match up to the pegs that the super fold booster will use. The dome looks like it will likely use the 5th hole (which seems to have a cap you can put over it when not in use) and as well as holes 1 and 2 ( or possibly 3 and 4. Hard to tell from the angle).

Pic from IXTL's post:

3329117123fc951c3776.jpg

Close up pic of the dome attached:

post-10222-1237844137_thumb.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Assuming this is true, are they referring to the reissued version of Alto's 25F coming out this April or a much later release?

I wish those leg fixes would have made it to Michael and Luca's valks...

which is what makes that part hard to believe...

IF they retooled it that much they need to release it bundled with sp or ap to get their

customers to double dip so soon. these are hard times, even for japan.

Edited by Negotiator

Woo-hoo the VF-25G looks awesome, especially in battroid mode. However in gerwalk mode, holding the sniper rifle just looks wrong somehow, like it is way too long for a single arm to hold. Hmm i'm trying to recall if Michel was in gerwalk mode much. Usually he just flew out and then found a place, transformed to battroid and camped out to snipe.

Can't wait for the RVF-25 to come out too, then my order from HLJ will ship.

Nice pictures too everyone!

To anyone who is still deciding. Order it now before the prices skyrocket or the stock is sold out. I missed the original order for the VF-25F and i ended up not being able to get it for a decent price.

I look at the bright side. VF-25S has a neck! I'm pre-ordered and ready to go! Now just gotta to fix those head lasers and maybe a few other things, but hey I like what I see. Anyone know when Overdrive will ship out their VF-25G's?

I just got an email not too long ago from overdrive regarding my Michael order so it looks like they are working on getting them processed and shipped.

I just grabbed my VF-25G at Biku? Camera in Kawasaki (by the train station) for retail. If there's anyone in Japan looking for one, they've got stacks of them. I'd love to add my two cents, but I need to leave it in the box since I'm flying back to the states tomorrow.

If the legs in fighter mode will be made to sit higher like they should, I'll be right there with you! Otherwise, 1/72's and/or 1/100's will have to do for my fighter mode fix.

-Kyp

Yup yup. I'm waiting to hear some confirmation on the leg fix... if so the only question is get one now or wait for the movie version and hope for more fixes/upgrades.

To anyone who is still deciding. Order it now before the prices skyrocket or the stock is sold out. I missed the original order for the VF-25F and i ended up not being able to get it for a decent price.

Actually, I would say exactly the opposite-- all those who bought the first release for the VF-25F and the VF-25S were basically the guinea pigs with the improved versions coming out in April-- and all those who bought the original order at the inflated prices basically got screwed over. My stand now is, hard as it may be, to recognise that MF is a popular series and re-issues/improved versions will usually come out eventually (or within 3 months in the case of the VF-25F/S) and to just wait until either prices drop or the re-issues come out or both. I'll bet that prices of the original release will drop once the April re-issues come out.

I've sold off my second VF-25F and my VF-25S, will just keep one -25F for now, and focus on getting the web exclusives which seem to be Bandai's new favoured distribution channel for accessories--- I'll get the VFs off the mass market later.

That said, I hope that the news on 2ch about the legs are true! Maybe we will hear some news about them fixing the wings as well...and the landing gear...and the ventral fins... :p

And about the holes-- kitbash RVF-25F, RVF-25S and RVF-25G, here we come! :p Just for laughs. MJ: The prototype in the picture seems to have a smaller SMS logo on the side of the nose than my DX VF-25F, and the colour of the logo is Ozma's colour and doesn't match the colour they provided for the model kit, which is closer to alto's colour. I hope that's because it's a prototype.

Edited by edwin3060

Also, i think Alto might get his own VF-25S in the movie...

Oh yea.. that seems pretty likely! A VF-25S with Alto's red and black piping on a white background. Maybe that is why Bandai is investing in improving the VF-25S sculpt! (and also why the VF-25F Armoured pack is a web exclusive rather than a bundled package like the VF-25S Ozma Armoured)

Actually, I would say exactly the opposite-- all those who bought the first release for the VF-25F and the VF-25S were basically the guinea pigs with the improved versions coming out in April-- and all those who bought the original order at the inflated prices basically got screwed over. My stand now is, hard as it may be, to recognise that MF is a popular series and re-issues/improved versions will usually come out eventually (or within 3 months in the case of the VF-25F/S) and to just wait until either prices drop or the re-issues come out or both. I'll bet that prices of the original release will drop once the April re-issues come out.

I totally agree with you. With the previously inflated price, it didn't worth the price the shops were asking for.

But finally, the two criteria have been met: price dropped and they sort of have a revision (holes on the back) in place. From what I've read from the forums, there isn't much to fix, except for the 25S neck and cannon which they are looking into already. I take it that it's the (almost) final version for "TV version". The standalone VF-25F was like US$164 (and still is), but the VF-25G with super parts is US$147. The exchange rate is fair enough for me. I am not sure what is the "international price" for it now though...

And frankly, while I decided to collect the whole DX Skull squad, I am still not very impressed by the toy. The floppiness of the "attached" super parts is annoying, and the paint work can be better (when compared to the Y-goods). I cannot complain about the durability, however. It feels really sturdy (again, without the super parts).

Oh yea.. that seems pretty likely! A VF-25S with Alto's red and black piping on a white background. Maybe that is why Bandai is investing in improving the VF-25S sculpt! (and also why the VF-25F Armoured pack is a web exclusive rather than a bundled package like the VF-25S Ozma Armoured)

I just imagined myself; but VF-25S doesn't look very right with that color scheme. :blink:

And if Alto gets a 25S, Ozma must die :huh: