Macross Launching Ceremonies

Noriko Takaya

How are you going to celebrate it ppl? I'm planning on having a Macross Party/Marathon with some friends... Mac Zero, Mac DYRL, some 7 and Frontier.... :lol:

Bodolza looks like my father-in-law in that picture!

* To explain the quote, as he's a fairly bigoted guy, this line made last Thanksgiving precious.

post-2681-1233953614_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelsain

It is indeed this Saturday. They're having an event on 2/22 to play up Frontier (Nyan/Nyan Nyan).

Though apparently it was originally 7/07/09, or sometime in October.

I'm likely headed to SF and plan on watching the first four episode "as they happen".

Anyone else plan on watching the show over the next two years on the dates of the episodes?

Just a reminder, to those of you unable to make it to South Alteria Island by tomorrow, as of February 11th, you have exactly one year to make it to one of the Grand Cannons. Forget 2012, Armageddon comes Feb. 11th, 2010 FROM SPACE!!!

Screw that!

I'm going to Apollo moon base, suckas!!! :p

Anyone else plan on watching the show over the next two years on the dates of the episodes?

I've been planning this for over a year now!

I'm sticking to the Feb 7 date until I see the date changed on the Compendium. I'm just debating aon what time to watch the first 3 episodes. I'm thinking midnight EST tonight as that's probably pretty close to the time difference.

Feb.7, 2009???

I think it is Feb.22.

Because this Macross's space launching ceremony.

Maybe SK will modify the history.

I just had this idea... Maybe they pushed the Macross launching event to February 22 to have a teaser trailer for the Macross Frontier Movie ready for the event!!! :ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Went to the Anime Center in Akihabara with Renato yesterday so that we could do this whole "Buy the poster-run around town-get the stamp-discard dignity" thing in order to win the chance to get the opportunity to be possibly considered to appear on a show with Kawamori.

The two girls dressed as Sheryl and Ranka who greeted us at the center were....quite frightening actually. The actress playing Sheryl had to go home, seemingly because of her strained voice. Either having to sing numbers from the show by request of the visiting Otaku....or denying sexual advances from said Otaku.

One of the places where we could get the stamps was the local Famima. One guy (bowl hair-cut? Check) had something like five posters. Which kinda p@#&es me off coz that just denies other people the chance to get the opportunity to.......and so on. Obviously his intent. He should be thinking WWHD (What would Hikaru do?).

All in all, a thinly disguised psychological experiment to test the pointlessness of such things.

Edited by Alex

Went to the Anime Center in Akihabara with Renato yesterday so that we could do this whole "Buy the poster-run around town-get the stamp-discard dignity" thing in order to win the chance to get the opportunity to be possibly considered to appear on a show with Kawamori.

The two girls dressed as Sheryl and Ranka who greeted us at the center were....quite frightening actually. The actress playing Sheryl had to go home, seemingly because of her strained voice. Either having to sing numbers from the show by request of the visiting Otaku....or denying sexual advances from said Otaku.

One of the places where we could get the stamps was the local Famima. One guy (bowl hair-cut? Check) had something like five posters. Which kinda p@#&es me off coz that just denies other people the chance to get the opportunity to.......and so on. Obviously his intent. He should be thinking WWHD (What would Hikaru do?).

All in all, a thinly disguised psychological experiment to test the pointlessness of such things.

That be funny if it was Save getting us all posters... wouldn't you feel bad if it was!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29021

I'm going to be officially inaugurating boinger's and my Macross fansub project...the first release goes up at anirena (I hope) in a few hours.

Nice collection. How about getting a seed on that sucker? ^_- It goes nicely with the lossless over on Boxtorrents.

haha, yeah thats a funny thing in Japan. Japanese are always like "Japanese love rules and are so polite" but in fact they`re way more selfish and ruder than anybody in my home country Australia or in the US when I visited.

Pretty standard when something rare is going on sale, that guy is probably not a die-hard fan and just getting those poster for online auction. I couldn't go yesterday, but I'll try convincing my wife to go to Akiba at 22nd.

Pretty standard when something rare is going on sale, that guy is probably not a die-hard fan and just getting those poster for online auction. I couldn't go yesterday, but I'll try convincing my wife to go to Akiba at 22nd.

Either way, kinda sucks that it's taking chances away from other people.

Nice collection. How about getting a seed on that sucker? ^_- It goes nicely with the lossless over on Boxtorrents.

Well, I have to go to work SOMEtimes...and I can't leave the computer on 24/7...

Not to worry though, if all goes well, there will be plenty of seeds before I log off tomorrow morning. ^_^

Either that, or a lot of unhappy people stuck at 98.1% for about ten hours...

Either way, kinda sucks that it's taking chances away from other people.

So Alex, had any luck getting a ticket?

I am thinking of going on friday to give it a try. Even if I don't get a ticket I'll try to go to the event to check the goods since you don't need a ticket for that.

There are some pics of the first day in the official blog http://www.macrossf.com/blog/

So Alex, had any luck getting a ticket?

I am thinking of going on friday to give it a try. Even if I don't get a ticket I'll try to go to the event to check the goods since you don't need a ticket for that.

There are some pics of the first day in the official blog http://www.macrossf.com/blog/

Nah. I'm not interested in doing it. I think Renato was doing just for the hell of it anyway.

Yeah, those girls in the photos were the same when we went there.

Can't say they were dead-ringers for their on-screen counterparts though :rolleyes:

Edited by Alex

Well, there are 14 leechers (including me) and 0 seeds now. We need seeds! ^_^

Like I said, I have to go to work, too...and leaving my computer running all day isn't really an option.

Anyway, you have my undivided seeding attention now, everyone's up to 96.3%, and everyone should have the whole thing soon.

Joy! Thanks alot Gubaba... It doesn't seem like there is alot of interest in the files though, theres now 8 seeders and only 1 leecher?

I've been surprised at how few people seem to want it, also...

I'm not sure which tracker is the most popular, though...maybe Anirena isn't the best? Tokyo Toshokan has a "Nothing connected to ADV" rule, so I didn't want to risk it there.

Maybe I should've gone with my initial plan to upload ALL my Macross audio files...but that's 6.65GB (with little song repitition), and thus would take forever to seed.

Anyway, I hope that once I start putting up the remastered SDFM, more people will want it...

Feb.7, 2009???

I think it is Feb.22.

Because this Macross's space launching ceremony.

Maybe SK will modify the history.

I always liked to think that it was somewhere between those two dates - meaning Feb. 14th - meaning my birthday.

Everything important, you see, always happens on my birthday.

Valentines day, for example :)

Pete

I just had this idea... Maybe they pushed the Macross launching event to February 22 to have a teaser trailer for the Macross Frontier Movie ready for the event!!! :ph34r:

2-22 is nyan nyan nyan. There are 2 events, a talk with Kawamori and the presentation of the movie edition with some of the actors (Alto, Sheryl and Ranka), so most probably there will be a trailer or something.

There is also a karaoke contest and some sort of reenactment of an scene with the voice actors of Global, Max, Basara and Ranka.

Hey, there, just got back from Tokyo last night... bloody knackered.

Overall I was there for just over a week, but it was a shame that I only had one late afternoon to meet Alex and go to Akihabara and do this thing. My original plan was to film the whole process like a mockumentary of otakudom, but it had gotten quite dark by the time we were there and the wind was absolutely fierce and freezing, we were literally getting blown away (and my analog copy of the Votoms soundtrack Volume 1 was acting like a windbreaker dragging me back) so that proved really impractical. The whole run around town was both annoying and fun, in a way, just because of the whole stupidity of it all.

The trip started with the aforementioned freaky cosplayers at the Anime Center (interesting goods on sale, like funky launch ceremony SDF-1 T-shirts), where you buy the poster, receive the stamp sheet, and almost have it fly right out your hand as you step out into the gale-force winds. Honestly, that whole Akiba Square structure seems designed to channel cyclones. It was pretty, pretty bad.

I liked that the guys at Kaiyodo Hobby Lobby have a 20% discount on Macross Revoltechs. So what I did was I got a Max 1J there, got my Roy Focker stamp, then ran over to the Family Mart to buy a drink, got my Miria stamp, and then Alex says he might go in and get a drink too. So I say to him, "Alright, take the paper and let's see if he gives us another stamp". It turns out every shop has a different stamp, so you aren't allowed two from the same shop, "otherwise there's no point", as the shop attendant stated. I looked him in the eye and said, "Honestly... there's no point ANYWAY, is there??" He didn't find that funny.

But by that time I actually did have enough anyway because in my wallet I had the cut-out stamp that came with Macros Ace (the one with the new Minmay), so back to the Anime Center it was where Ranka was still there but Sheryl was replaced by "Man" and they were kind enough to glue the last remaining token onto the sheet, and then add the final "You made it back" stamp, which was Ai-kun. I thought once I submitted the sheet I wouldn't get it back, so I took out my camera and asked Lanka Ree to hold it so I could take a photo, but I think she was a little disappointed/offended that I only photographed the paper in her hands instead of her posing with it. So, that was awkward. For her.

Then it was showtime. I finally got the chance to roll the rickety bingo ball dispenser piece-o-crappe, which came with a myriad of explicit warnings and disclaimers and instructions "ONCE! CLOCKWISE" (cue index finger gestures). I obediently do as told and out comes a white ball. The reaction, in unison:

"ZANNEN!!"

And I'm thinking "Aw, screw you b*****ds". The girl says "were holding the rally until the 15th (or whenever), so if you..." and I say that I have no other free time and I live in Kyoto so she does the typical "oh what a shame" pretend crying. So I wave (or rather dismiss) goodbye and say "See you in another 20 years", to which I think only the "Man" laughed.

And that was the adventure, pretty much. That Black Pepper sauce at Burger King was damn good, though. Oh, yeah, and we did see an actual KITT from Knight Rider parked around the station (with the couple inside no doubt trying to work out which switch is the actual ignition, since they were stuck there for ages), so it wasn't a bad evening all in all.

Anybody else in Tokyo have better luck with this Sheet/Sh*t?

EDIT: Attaching some highlights of the day:

post-1318-1234405461_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1234405489_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renato

Nya-hah. Guess this belongs here.

They're installing much needed soda machines in our office building today. They were carting them in on little wheeled pallettes.

The guys wheeling them in were obscured by the size of the machines. All I could think of was the Cola machines in Mac.

I thought "Wow, kawamori is really pullling out the stops for this launching ceremony. COLA.!!!!.......aw, man.......I GOTTA PEE!!!!!"

Edited by Alex

I've been surprised at how few people seem to want it, also...

I'm not sure which tracker is the most popular, though...maybe Anirena isn't the best? Tokyo Toshokan has a "Nothing connected to ADV" rule, so I didn't want to risk it there.

Maybe I should've gone with my initial plan to upload ALL my Macross audio files...but that's 6.65GB (with little song repitition), and thus would take forever to seed.

Anyway, I hope that once I start putting up the remastered SDFM, more people will want it...

Anirena's good, but I think it's primarily used as a base for fansubbers. Most of the time I find them through other trackers. TokyoTosho is the better choice. Don't worry about the "No ADV" rule, as ADV doesn't own the OSTs. Boxtorrents is also a great choice, though they have a few including a lossless torrent up. Though it's not as complete as this.

There's also Nyaa Torrents, Dead Frog, and Delta Anime. Finally, there's the minglong tracker.

Good non-anime trackers include The Pirate Bay, Mininova, and the awesome Demonoid.

Anirena's good, but I think it's primarily used as a base for fansubbers. Most of the time I find them through other trackers. TokyoTosho is the better choice. Don't worry about the "No ADV" rule, as ADV doesn't own the OSTs. Boxtorrents is also a great choice, though they have a few including a lossless torrent up. Though it's not as complete as this.

There's also Nyaa Torrents, Dead Frog, and Delta Anime. Finally, there's the minglong tracker.

Good non-anime trackers include The Pirate Bay, Mininova, and the awesome Demonoid.

The OSTs were the prelude. The main course is starting this weekend. ^_^

The problem I'm finding is that if I put them up through Anirena, it becomes a private torrent. There's an additional tracker announce they give for sharing with other sites, but I don't know where to put it when I upload the torrent (I'm using Vuze).

Boxtorrents is right out. They have a very strict "No ADV" policy and they don't allow you to put up a series an episode at a time...It'll be useless until the fansubbing is complete, and even then I couldn't put it up.

I was thinking of Demonoid, since my ratio is low there (thanks to the long downtime in '07~'08), but again, I'm not sure how to put external torrents there.

I'll probably avoid D.A.., since sixtydeuce seemed to have a lot of trouble with them involving his Gundam fansubs. That, and very little there seems to remain seeded.

So I'm thinking of basing the fansubs in Anirena, and uploading them to NyaaTorrents as well. If I can figure out how to upload Aninrena torrents there, that is.

If anyone knows how to successfully "cross-pollinate" with the various torrent sites, please PM me about it. Sometime before this Friday night, preferably. :)

Well, I was speaking purely in OST terms. Naturally the series itself can't be shared on non-ADV trackers. I believe all you need to do is add the tracker announce and upload it. Though I've only made one torrent myself. Still, as long as the torrent file's the same, it shouldn't matter. The sites are merely hosting your source info. Definitely get them on Nyaa if you can.

Also, you may want to ditch the bloated Vuze. It's a shell of Azureus' former greatness. UTorrent is much lighter and easier to manage. Creating my torrent was a snap with it.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Well, I was speaking purely in OST terms. Naturally the series itself can't be shared on non-ADV trackers. I believe all you need to do is add the tracker announce and upload it. Though I've only made one torrent myself. Still, as long as the torrent file's the same, it shouldn't matter. The sites are merely hosting your source info. Definitely get them on Nyaa if you can.

Also, you may want to ditch the bloated Vuze. It's a shell of Azureus' former greatness. UTorrent is much lighter and easier to manage. Creating my torrent was a snap with it.

I don't have much choice in the matter, since I have a Mac.