Thanks for your precious time.

God save our Graham.

When will it ever end?

Pics would be nice, my friend.

Come, give us what we need and bend.

God save our Graham.

Edited by Draykov

oops, crap, I bought one allready, couldnt wait. :(

Oh, me neither. I pre-ordered one with Tam as soon as I heard about it. I just want to see more...More! More! It's the anxious little kid in me. I just wanted to know what the resident Valkyrie guru thought of it.

Well if one of you guys gets yours, beat Graham to the punch! I'm still ambivalent about it. I love the design, but it will be between this and a Roy re-issue. And deciding if I can live with the head seam. ;)

Well if one of you guys gets yours, beat Graham to the punch! I'm still ambivalent about it. I love the design, but it will be between this and a Roy re-issue. And deciding if I can live with the head seam. ;)

Hikaru all the way then, you can't pick that drunk piece of Zentran fodder over him.

I love the 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S, but that's hardly suprising as it's always been my 'holy grail' of VF-1 toys.

The Yamato VF-1S Hikaru comes with all the expected improvements, plus one new one: -

• Brand new improved pilot sculpt made of the same rubber type material as the Low Vis pilot.
  • Improved nosecone and flaps, first introduced on the Max VF-1A.
  • Improved 'easier opening' front landing gear doors, first introduced on the Low Vis.

I'm happy to report that on the two I bought there are no major QC problems. The Skulls on the tails are straight. The head seam is glued better that the older VF-1S Focker and the canopies stay up without problem, although one other MWer who already bought the VF-1S Hikaru reported a loose canopy....luck of the draw I guess. The only minor problem I have encountered on one of my VF-1S Hikaru's is that the air brake is very loose and cannot stay up by itself very well.

Definitely my favorite 1/48, closely followed by the Low Vis.

Anyway, I'll try to get some photos taken during the weekend.

Graham

I love the 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S, but that's hardly suprising as it's always been my 'holy grail' of VF-1 toys.

The Yamato VF-1S Hikaru comes with all the expected improvements, plus one new one: -

• Brand new improved pilot sculpt made of the same rubber type material as the Low Vis pilot.
  • Improved 'easier opening' front landing gear doors, first introduced on the Low Vis.

I'm happy to report that on the two I bought there are no major QC problems. The Skulls on the tails are straight. The head seam is glued better that the older VF-1S Focker and the canopies stay up without problem, although one other MWer who already bought the VF-1S Hikaru reported a loose canopy....luck of the draw I guess. The only minor problem I have encountered on one of my VF-1S Hikaru's is that the air brake is very loose and cannot stay up by itself very well.

Definitely my favorite 1/48, closely followed by the Low Vis.

Anyway, I'll try to get some photos taken during the weekend.

Graham

I think Grahams right I think the pilot sculpt is so much better I think they added a detail on the back of the helmet. The landing gear doors is so easy to open, say goodbye to your paint chipped landing gear doors :D and yes the loose canopy doesn't bother me. :D

Edited by hikaru

Mmmmmmm...can't wait for my to get here...It looks gorgeous!

Wow, you guys move quick! I barely got done posting those images and here they be! Glad they made it over.

I finished up my mini review too. Here's the link:

http://www.tmpforums.com/index.php?showtopic=5367

My pics were taken indoors with some crappy lighting, so I'm definitely looking forward to Graham's awesome pics.

Best Regards,

Tamim

wonder if the new focker 1S will have these improvements. I bloody hope so. Though I could live without the new style box, though I guess if they do it that way it ensures one can tell right from the package what is the 1st and what is the 2nd edition.

wonder if the new focker 1S will have these improvements. I bloody hope so. Though I could live without the new style box, though I guess if they do it that way it ensures one can tell right from the package what is the 1st and what is the 2nd edition.

I'm about 99.9% sure that the new focker 1s will have the new improvements. I think the box redesign would be a perfect way to tell them apart from the first release. I don't know if they're doing that though, but it would make sense.

:angry: Boo hiss on the seat. I hope they go back to the older style as it is more realistic if you ask me. I'm not going to put my head into a vice. I guess it's there to keep the pilot from flailing about in GERWALK mode or something...

Bah humbug.

I like the picture on the box of the Battroid though. Pretty cool.

Woohoo! Rubber pilots all the way! The old pilots struck me as too brittle and I was afraid that the legs would snap. Even though I'll be passing on this release, I'm just glad that the reissue Roy will (hopefully) recieve the same improvements. :)

Okay, I don't want to start a general panic. . . but. . .

Is it me, or is the skull in that full-side picture crooked? It's hard to tell, but from that picture, it looks like it's not quite aligned with the "horizontal plane".

Again, I could be wrong. . .

H

Yeah if that's as bad as the misalignment gets I can definately live with it. So far so good, might have to get this one after all (better than the "drunk Zentran fodder?" :lol:

Is it me, or

It IS you! :lol::p But seriously, I just double checked it and it is NOT crooked. As TheLoneWolf stated, I just needed to push the backpack in a bit more. Hey, I did mention that the pics were taken at 3:00 AM! :D

As for the new seat headrest, as I stated in my review, I'm not a big fan of it. It doesn't look realistic. I don't know what their logic for this was 'cause when you put the pilot in the valk, the head doesn't even touch the headrest. It looks like the headrest was made of ice cream and someone scooped a bit out of it.

hvf1s-11.jpg

Edited by twinmoons

Hey, those new pilots look sweet! They finally got some good shoulder pads.

Oh YEAH! :)

... But in the picture of the Hikaru and Max pilots, Hikaru's helmet visor looks dirty. :( Any comments?