Hikaru 1S Review

Draykov

Hey, those new pilots look sweet! They finally got some good shoulder pads.

Oh YEAH! :)

... But in the picture of the Hikaru and Max pilots, Hikaru's helmet visor looks dirty. :( Any comments?

The black trim around the face plate of his helmet looks a little sloppy, but the face plate itself looks fine to me. As Tam pointed out, the wing of his (the black stripe) was pretty sloppy too, but it was just an individual Valk, not all of the S model Hikaru's. Maybe this is more of the same.

Hey, those new pilots look sweet! They finally got some good shoulder pads.

Oh YEAH! :)

... But in the picture of the Hikaru and Max pilots, Hikaru's helmet visor looks dirty. :( Any comments?

:mellow:.............. :angry: Oh gah! Yeah, you're right. It looks like Hikaru sneezed or sumtin. Eeeeeeeww............

so guys,  does this valk have the launch hook?

launch hook?

:blink::blink::blink:

or do you mean the arrestor hook?

I think he's talking about the hook on the nose gear for catapult launch (I don't have mine yet, so I don't know the answer to the question).

pict_26.jpg

Edited by Draykov

If it's that

then it is there

Upon second glance at Tam's pics, it's clearly there. It's just in the up position.

post-4-1068221742_thumb.jpg

Edited by Draykov

so guys, does this valk have the launch hook?

launch hook?

:blink::blink::blink:

or do you mean the arrestor hook?

I think he's talking about the hook on the nose gear for catapult launch (I don't have mine yet, so I don't know the answer to the question).

pict_26.jpg

If it's that

then it is there

yep, that's what i meant. In the review pics posted in this thread, i did not see any. thanks for the answer guys. :)

Edited by Caufield

I don't know what it is, but the Hikaru 1S always just looks so wicked.

Its all in the pose

:)

Strike a Pose..............Vogue

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:lol: I agree.

Hey Noel, looking at your pix, it seems like the speed break not loose. Is it true?

BTW, thanks for the pix, TM and Noel! :)

I think that "scoop" out of the pilot's seat is intended to snuggle the big-ass bulbous helmet. I mean, with how bulbous those helmets are, you'd probably have your chin in your chest the entire time.

Of course, Hikaru doesn't appear to be utilizing the extra "helmet room". . . but, that's my theory. :)

H

Here is mine

Thanks to me

Hi,

Special Thanks to Noel for getting the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru in so early this month. Boy was i elated by receving my first VF-1S, its just so beautiful and menacing looking especially with the Fps.

Another surprise i got was the mother of all Holy Grails, a beautiful poster of the DYRL series with a picture of Minmei in the back. I believed Noel did put up the poster for sale during the recent Macross Con. Its mine now thanks to Noel, i have been looking for this poster everywhere. Cant wait to get my 2nd 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and the reissue VF-1S Roy.

Cheers

I noticed something about the pilots figurines in the 1/48 series. From the pictures of the prototype, it seems to resemble that seen in the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru. Any comments

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. If you mean "Will the reissue Roy VF-1S/Hikaru VF-1A come with the rubbery pilots?" I think the answer is yes.

If you're suggesting that the pilot in the prototype VF-1A Hikaru photos is the same as the new VF-1S Hikaru pilot...I have no idea. I'm not sure why Yamato would flip back and forth, so it may just be your eyes playing tricks on you.

Edited by Draykov

I noticed something about the pilots figurines in the 1/48 series. From the pictures of the prototype, it seems to resemble that seen in the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru. Any comments

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. If you mean "Will the reissue Roy VF-1S/Hikaru VF-1A come with the rubbery pilots?" I think the answer is yes.

Hmm let me rephrase the question.

What i meant was that new 1/48 pilot figurine featured in the VF-1S Hikaru and upcoming reissues bears a striking resemblance to that of the pilot figurine shown in the first 1/48 VF-1S prototype in the pictures shown above, which is different from that of the first 3 1/48 variants that went into mass production.

What i meant was that new 1/48 pilot figurine featured in the VF-1S Hikaru and upcoming reissues bears a striking resemblance to that of the pilot figurine shown in the first 1/48 VF-1S prototype in the pictures shown above, which is different from that of the first 3 1/48 variants that went into mass production.

To be clear, the picture you posted was the Hikaru VF-1A, but I think I see what you mean. However, I don't know if there is anything to it. I mean, they are supposed to be the same pilot so they are obviously going to resemble one another. But like I said in my edited post, I don't know why Yamato would make two different molds and then flip-flop. Maybe the use of different resin makes them look different and the prototype was rubbery...but I don't think it's really anything to speculate too long about...in the long run I don't think it means anything special.

Although, this does mean that Yamato will either eventually have to release a new and improved 1/48 Max VF-1S or include a free rubbery resin Max DYRL pilot in some future release. :rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

Edited by Draykov

To be clear, the picture you posted was the Hikaru VF-1A, but I think I see what you mean. However, I don't know if there is anything to it. I mean, they are supposed to be the same pilot so they are obviously going to resemble one another. But like I said in my edited post, I don't know why Yamato would make two different molds and then flip-flop. Maybe the use of different resin makes them look different and the prototype was rubbery...but I don't think it's really anything to speculate too long about...in the long run I don't think it means anything special.

Although, this does mean that Yamato will either eventually have to release a new and improved Max VF-1S or include a free rubbery resin Max DYRL pilot in some future release. :rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

Yes true,

Prototypes especially pertaining to intricate details or small parts or parts of different material are usually modelled by the designer himself and would be usually different from that of being mass produced.

Cheers

Maybe the new headrest is to accomdate the upcoming TV pilot sculpt?

It's different? Aside from shoulder pads and tv colors?

I'm kinda diapointed... maybe it's the dark colors that make the Low-Viz pilot look so good...

Maybe the new headrest is to accomdate the upcoming TV pilot sculpt?

I'd say that this is the most probable explanation.

I think you nailed it. According to the picture in this thread, the new TV Hikaru fits against the headrest snugly.

I wonder, since it's a new cockpit sculpt, if it is putting less pressure on the landing gear when it is deployed, thus lessening the "nose" gap issue.

Anyone with one care to check it out?

edit: Nevermind. Looking at the pictures here and at TMP Anime, the gap still looks pretty huge with the gear deployed. :(

H

Edited by Hurin

I guess that keeps the toy pilot from flopping around when you do rolls with your Valkyrie...

Actually, I think it's more about just allowing the larger helmet-ed TV Hikaru to fit in the cockpit. Without making the canopoy even more enlarged. :p

H

Here is mine

Thanks to  me

Hi,

Special Thanks to Noel for getting the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru in so early this month. Boy was i elated by receving my first VF-1S, its just so beautiful and menacing looking especially with the Fps.

Another surprise i got was the mother of all Holy Grails, a beautiful poster of the DYRL series with a picture of Minmei in the back. I believed Noel did put up the poster for sale during the recent Macross Con. Its mine now thanks to Noel, i have been looking for this poster everywhere. Cant wait to get my 2nd 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and the reissue VF-1S Roy.

Cheers

Thank You Louis

you are too kind

:D

hi, noel.... if u still recall, i am derek... the one who collected the VF-1S from u yesterday..

anyway, i wanna thank you.. for calling me as soon as the model arrived! Anyway, i only got three words to

describe this newest addition to 1/48.... IT IS GORGEOUS!! :D