Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

Look what I got in the mail today. DX VF-25S. After a little time with the hair dryer and a longer ball joint ( thank you GGemni for the idea). You get one rocking VF-25S. Oh and to the factory worker who had dirty fingers please wear gloves next time! Had to whip off some brown finger print marks on the nose cone. Anyways look at Ozma's valk now!

nice work... i like how the neck looks on the 2nd pic better... the first one is a tad too long...

BTW, anybody know the state of the prices of these DX valks in HK/Macau, Japan or Singapore?

I misread man, I thought you meant you kept them on display. I understand where you are coming from, the DX Macross 7 toys lack the sense of realism, quality, and class that the 1/55s had.

Not meaning to be disrespectful mate, but i actually LOL'ed at that :lol:

..on another note, have anyone checked Wizartar's new VF-25 transformation videos on youtube?

Regarding DX Ozma's 'neck problems'... this is the result of using the 'tilt-up' neck plate trick:

Looks pretty OK to me. No mods required, just some frustrating moves with the neither-here-nor-there chest plate positioning.

Not frustrating at all. It's easy. Just follow edwin3060's simple 2 push method & the neck locks into the correct position automatically.

Took forever for my package to arrive (3 weeks, longest I've waited for SAL here in Sydney, Australia). Played around with the VF-25F, and the paint has already rubbed off on some parts - particularly on the backpack just behind the head. =/ And on the tampo prints; it's getting pretty annoying but the toy is too fun to put down, haha.

post-1199-1233490454_thumb.jpg

Mine came with a loose joint on the right-side of the crotch (not the hip joint itself). Anybody else encountered this? Also has a slightly loose swivel joint on the left shoulder connecting from the ball-joint on the chest - can't really tackle that one unless I get into the pin there. Dunno how that would work - hopefully those joints don't get looser like they did with my Myth Cloth Pegasus Seiya's feet joints. Those were so loose they were flapping around everywhere.

I wonder if Bandai purposely made it less poseable so people would be inclined to buy Messiah on the VF100 line, haha.

...Dunno how that would work - hopefully those joints don't get looser like they did with my Myth Cloth Pegasus Seiya's feet joints. Those were so loose they were flapping around everywhere...

OFFTOPIC

Visit this topic to repair your ankles MythCloth, its in Spanish, but Altavista and pictures may help you a lot hehehe.

My Gemini no Saga was super loose ankles and I could fix it, and that the Gemini Cloth is all diecast (Do it at your own risk :p )

http://64.79.195.73www.saintseiyagallery.c...opic&t=1872

Bandai 1/60 Messiah toys do not have the same mobility as the myths has, but his bigger feet enable it to maintain standing without any problem

Edited by alfye

Took forever for my package to arrive (3 weeks, longest I've waited for SAL here in Sydney, Australia). Played around with the VF-25F, and the paint has already rubbed off on some parts - particularly on the backpack just behind the head. =/ And on the tampo prints; it's getting pretty annoying but the toy is too fun to put down, haha.

Yep, thats the problem area for me too! the back panel part just behind the head. It's about the only place to hold it! The good thing is that the Ozma won't suffer from the same problem I guess. Heh.

I actually do like the general silhouette of the Bandai DX VF-19s, but the short wings and big gaps all over + simplified landing gear are real downers. In the end, shelf space is limited; so toy-rotation is a yearly ritual for me... get to rediscover some toys and make space for new goodies. If my brother gets his house finished this year, I may help to ship over a large portion of our Gundam collection. Then maybe I'll put back ALL the Macross items. Change is good.

The easy way is to carefully apply heat (hairdryer / boiling water) to soften the lasers and let them 'remember' the original shape before cooling/hardening them again under cool running water.

The modeler's solution is to cut off the offending wimpy lasers, drill holes in the housing and insert appropriate lengths of polystyrene or thin gauge wire.

Sweet! Fighter and Battroid Super pack modes look amazing-- Ozma Gerwalk mode looks horrendous, however. Looks like Bandai really can't do a proper gerwalk! That is definitely the way I will pose my Luca... and I hope the Super pack battroids can balance properly on their feet-- those pods will throw the balance off a fair bit!

Edit: I'm kinda hoping that Luca's Radome and ELINT fin will be removable...

Edited by edwin3060

Yep, thats the problem area for me too! the back panel part just behind the head. It's about the only place to hold it! The good thing is that the Ozma won't suffer from the same problem I guess. Heh.

I hold my VF-25F DX between the legs in battroid mode. This way you avoid holding the back panel behind the head and rubbing off the red and black markings.

Graham

I hold my VF-25F DX between the legs in battroid mode. This way you avoid holding the back panel behind the head and rubbing off the red and black markings.

Graham

Good idea graham thanks... guess I'll just have to grab him by the balls! Lucky its the Princess-- I wouldn't want to handle the MAN that way :p

I sure hope that Ozma's Gerwalk mode is just a misposed error-- would hate for all gerwalks to look that way, esp since I actually like Gerwalk mode the most!

Also, looking at the Gerwalk mode, and this picture: http://www2.moeyo.com/img/09/02/02/4/420.html

I can see two things: The hipgun pieces seem to attach on just like any other Super part and not require replacement-- do we know which Super parts require a replacement or if any do?

The lower intakes can't/wont attach properly to the top intake with super pack equipped? That's a bummer :(

Edited by edwin3060

Hey, just curious. have anyone been able to contact ANGOLZ in the past two weeks? I have a vf-25s with a broken shoulder right out of the box, and have been trying to contact them for the last two weeks, but not a single reply...

Heh, as usual Bandai is really bad at posing the DX. You'd think they'd be able to pose their own toy better.

I note from this pic, there are still no wing hard points, for attachement of the missile and speaker sets. :(

Graham

Does anybody know if the DX Luca come with the controlled ghost ships for his valkyrie too?

Hey, just curious. have anyone been able to contact ANGOLZ in the past two weeks? I have a vf-25s with a broken shoulder right out of the box, and have been trying to contact them for the last two weeks, but not a single reply...

That's a bummer-- is it a broken screw or did some other part break? Angolz only seems to reply to my emails when I have bought something from them, otherwise I don't get any reply-- so you might be better off trying to repair it on your own?

Heh, as usual Bandai is really bad at posing the DX. You'd think they'd be able to pose their own toy better.

I note from this pic, there are still no wing hard points, for attachement of the missile and speaker sets. :(

Graham

maybe the sets will come with templates and a little hand drill, and you have to drill holes for the missiles and speakers to mount on yourself :p

Does anybody know if the DX Luca come with the controlled ghost ships for his valkyrie too?

the model kit comes with 3 ghost and no armor or stand, the DX comes with armor and a stand but no ghosts. Bandai has a set of 3 ghosts as limited exclusives on there tamashii wep shop.

Edited by anime52k8

the model kit comes with 3 ghost and no armor or stand, the DX comes with armor and a stand but no ghosts. Bandai has a set of 3 ghosts as limited exclusives on there tamashii wep shop.

Really, could you send me a link of where i can find that.. I went to the site but only see the super packs for alto and ozma.. Im really interested to see how they look, would be sick if they came with their own stands

What I know is one set per ghost.....

you mean 1 ghost per set? yeah, I forgot about that. the model gives you 3 ghosts, the Ghost set gives you one ghost and some missiles that presumably attach to the valk even though the wings have no hard points.

Really, could you send me a link of where i can find that.. I went to the site but only see the super packs for alto and ozma.. Im really interested to see how they look, would be sick if they came with their own stands

the ghost isn't listed because it hasn't been released yet. the ghost and the Galia IV sets (the speakers and fold booster used by michel as well as a little ranka figure) were announced around the same time the first RVF-25/-25G prototypes were shown. so far we haven't even seen the actual parts, just CG renderings.

pics and info are in this thread around page 63~64