Basquash: SK's new serie for 2009

ntsan

As a basketball fan, I can't help but be somewhat drawn to this series. While the mecha aspect of it seems somewhat interesting, I think for this series to be good, it will have to have some good character development, and they will have to be fun and interesting. If it tries to rely strictly on mecha, I don't think this will be all that good. Jury is out, can't wait to see it. Anyone know if this will make it to the U.S.? It seems like it would since it has to do with basketball.

Anyone know if this will make it to the U.S.? It seems like it would since it has to do with basketball.

If it does well in Japan, it will probably be brought to the US by FUNimation, much like the previous Satelight series, Genesis of Aquarion.

• 2 weeks later...
Eh, pointless bumping for those who are interested on streaming the show, but the show is gonna air in:

- April 2 (at 1:30) on MBS

- April 3 (at 1:55) on TBS

And oh well, no 2nd PV yet.

Edit: No PV yeah, let's just have a 15 secs CM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7V7Z8ZFqkM

So it's doing's MF's old spot on Thursday/Friday late nights...Well, at least it's on a a decent hour for Keyhole streamers.

I just found out a lot Frontier's previous VA have roles in BASQUASH too, including the Frontier's main cast:

Yuuichi Nakamura (Alto Saotome) voices Iceman Hotty.

Aya Endo (Sheryl Nome talking voice) voices Spanky, the pet.

Megumi Nakajima (Ranka Lee) voices Citron, one member of the Idol Group.

(...this means Iceman will have another love triangle with a pet and a girl?)

The Opening theme is : "nO limiT" by Eclipse. Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...me.php?id=10545

But Megumi Nakajima is also confirmed to perform the OP song of BASQUASH :blink: , source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...le.php?id=67162

So which is true? Which is wrong? I'm kinda in a loosed end here. :wacko:

The Opening theme is : "nO limiT" by Eclipse. Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...me.php?id=10545

But Megumi Nakajima is also confirmed to perform the OP song of BASQUASH :blink: , source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...le.php?id=67162

So which is true? Which is wrong? I'm kinda in a loosed end here. :wacko:

They could all be singing it together.

Hmm, after thinking about it, I think it's an in-joke of the show, Eclipse = Idol group Eclipse, a fictional band in the BASQUASH world, and they are going to perform the Opening theme of the show lol.

Megumi Nakajima voices Citron, a member of the band, that's why she has a part in the theme song performance.

If all this speculation are true, it would be pretty damn sweet! :lol:

Also, the Legend of BASQUASH Special Program is going to air today, hope someone will get the RAW, can't wait to see what SK has to say about this new series.

Edit: Found a new 30s CM in nico, uploaded to youtube...

Edited by REbirth

Yeaaah, new trailer found on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa2XZCXVs2Y

(don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled some parts of the first episode)

My comment: Yeah, it looks fracking awesome IMO, Dan's voice is pure hotblood and the song plays in the end is catchy (I guess that's the OP)!!!

Wouldn't calll it spoilerish...but yeah typical "WOW" 1st episode. I'm stoked! B))

Hell yeah, Legend of Basquash! Thanks for the head up, Kresphy.

Edit: Just watched it. Nice promotional program (Thomas Romain can speak japanese fluently, wow, and he brought along his team to design the beautiful visual), now I'm even more hyped for the series!!!

Edited by REbirth

For a Brit Graham sure has limited taste in teas. :lol:

Actually, I seldom touch the stuff. I live on coffee and beer. :D

And I'm not a typical brit. I hate watching soccer.

Actually, I hate watching most ball games, including basketball. Bores the pants off of me. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Graham

May I say that the first episode is FRACKING AWESOME?

I mean, wow, just take a look at that. Epic basketball action.

Also lol @ Iceman'd dickery and the super fast timeskip.

Glad you like it. Feel free to talk all you want about it.

Me? I'll pass. I'd probably get more kicks watching the Final Four/NCAA Tournament. That is, if I cared about basketball in general.

AHAHAHAHAHA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SK is.............

bas0101.jpg

Sorry, Game is over!!

bas0104.jpg

The next episode

LEGEND IS DEAD

Okay... Should we expect SK to insert himself in every work of his from here on? Like with the Legend of Zero.

Who am I kidding he's been doing it since SDFM episode 1.

Dang it I should have saved that Seiyuu joke image of Alto/Graham/Bushido.

i'm saving this thread to record how naysayers will be slowly converted to basquash like the Gurren Lagann thread. :lol:

"I don't like this show....wtf basketball mecha suxxxxxx!! Not following this series"

"Hmmm...that was kinda epic win..."

"I'm following this series"

"HOLY CRAP DID YOU WATCH TODAY'S EPISODE?"

"OMGWTFBBQ EPIC FINALE....i shed a tear...."

:lol:

Watched the first episode and I gotta say, I liked it. I'm no basketball fan, but I don't think you need to be to enjoy it.

The production quality is great, and the design work looks fantastic-- thanks to Thomas Romain. The characters are a mixed bag; there's the obligatory moe girl, the big-breasted side kick and a main character who looks like he walked out of a generic shonen series. Hopefully it'll do better than Frontier and actually do something interesting with the characters, rather than just throwing them in to pander to different demographics.

Also, I'm trying to figure out in what world most of Kawamori's works aren't a bit "silly." Sorry, was Frontier hard sci-fi?

there's the obligatory moe girl

Wait, who?

Edit: About Dan, yeah, he starts out as the same as Basara Nekki (M7) and Apollo (Aquarion) did, full of crazy insane passion, gonna love the kid.

Stereotypical speaking, I can almost say:

- Dan = Ryoma

- Iceman = Hayato

- Sela = Benkei (hopefully not Musashi)

based on the legendary Getter team lol

Edited by REbirth

I thought it was pretty darn cool. And the VERY least, you've gotta admit the designs are inventive...

Wait till you see Iceman's blue big foot in action, that thing looks sexy. Next episode is Sela's big foot debut, it looks funky and cute.

I notice the Big foots don't have TOES or giant Sneakers yet, maybe these will serve as an upgrade.

Anyway, found these sketches on /m/, and I really want to see more:

1238840309715.jpg

1238840681580.jpg

Wait till you see Iceman's blue big foot in action, that thing looks sexy. Next episode is Sela's big foot debut, it looks funky and cute.

I notice the Big foots don't have TOES or giant Sneakers yet, maybe these will serve as an upgrade.

It's not really for lack of desire, it's lack of time...SDFM is eating up all my anime watching and translation time.

It's not really for lack of desire, it's lack of time...SDFM is eating up all my anime watching and translation time.

Oh well, it's not like it's getting subbed anytime soon (umai seems to be so fricking slow...), so just hold your sit tight.