Basquash: SK's new serie for 2009

ntsan

Seems like there's really something wrong with Basquash episode 5:

Crazy Basquash anecdote of the day:

The ball-in-cockpit control is an error. There's indeed a special dribbling controller but it's a sort of giant trackball. Episode 5 was outsourced to a not-so-good studio and they didn't understand the controller thing, drawing an actual basketball instead. When Satelight discovered the error it was already too late. Especially since 4 was outsourced too, and came back so crappy they had to redraw almost all of it, thus not having time to correct 5. The DVD version will have the right controller.

Supposedly episodes 6 and especially 7 are gonna be stellar though.

*Source translated from:http://www.catsuka.com/interf/forum/viewto...p=341222#341222

That explains the whole bad ANIMATION and the mind-frakking motion tracking ball dribbling system in the episode...

But this is really frakked up, like the infamous Gurren Lagann episode 4.

Edited by REbirth

Episode 6 introduces the antagonist cast.

James, their boss, who has a thing for every balls (Haruka's included). Falcon is a very famous BFB player, seems like he done something bad, very bad to Iceman's career. There's still another guy/gal whose name I still have no idea.

Falcon's bad ass BF faces off with the Dangan.

1241778426230.th.jpg

ep6, new rival apppears, Falcon. (i'm just waiting him to falcon punch someone :lol:)

Spanky sh*ts on Dan's face

Coco is suddenly training the Flora basketball. wtf this came from?

Haruka got got her boobs named and molested..... 0.o

OCB introduced to quell the Basquash! fandom, much to Haruka's annoyance.

Slash is a man?!

Gah.

Dan's pretty quick with his fit but can't basket a ball well

Coco is suddenly training the Flora basketball. wtf this came from?

Coco was the genius basketball player till her legs broke.

I guess she's fulfilling her dream through Flora who took a male gender as a disguise after those hoodlums tried to molest her.

Edited by RedWolf

Coco was the genius basketball player till her legs broke.

I guess she's fulfilling her dream through Flora who took a male gender as a disguise after those hoodlums tried to molest her.

Yeah .... but still the transition from last ep to this ep was pretty sudden. I'm assuming she's living with Coco as well since she has no place to go.

And I JUST realized that the future-text is a HIGHLY stylized english.

I will never be able to watch an episode straight through without pausing to decipher the text again.

I thought that was pretty obvious in the first episode...if you pay more attention to the signs, billboards and stuff :lol:

I thought that was pretty obvious in the first episode...if you pay more attention to the signs, billboards and stuff :lol:

I still have trouble telling what the letters are supposed to be even knowing it's english.

I just wrote it off initially as a pseudo-language and didn't worry about it.

:(

Ep07 I got the feeling this episode was made for Niike. Not bad, but the whole the officials trying to steal the street sport felt a bit like a "Just do it" commercial.

Ep07 I got the feeling this episode was made for Niike. Not bad, but the whole the officials trying to steal the street sport felt a bit like a "Just do it" commercial.

I dunno. But that is the point of it.

The show is now a war between a sport with official sets and rules vs a street game played for fun with no rules at all.

Episode 7. This anime is really giving me tonnes of hot blood. "Naked Aquarion scenes" are pretty and shiny too. :lol:

BTW...what's up the the boobage?

Ahh...Bianca and Kate....it has names. :lol:

The show is now a war between a sport with official sets and rules vs a street game played for fun with no rules at all.

Although rules are there for a reason....to reduce self injury and collateral damage to the city? :lol:

But its cool that next ep preview they are goin on a roadtrip to another town. I was thinking that that city was the only city on the planet. Guess they can go Basquash! touring now!

I thought Hopes and Dreams were Grace's.

I liked how they held off on the title splash until darn close to the end of the show.

Sure, MOST shows inject their opening theme into the show at some point, but Basquash did it with STYLE.

The show doesn't REALLY start until Dan gets in his car. No matter how late in the timeslot it is.

Episode 8

So all that business about Destroying were actually

uber passes

.......i kind suspected it but still loled.

And next ep, the idol team appears! Their bewbs not quite as big as grace's though.

Ranka... Alto... Seiyuu pairings LOL.

Spanky just want to eat those fishes in the tank. Poor guy...

Dan company go to a new town which reputed with hot springs. Eclipse's Rouge bumps into Dan. She's trying to get away from fans. So she does the old look like you're a couple making out with trick with Dan. Unfortunately a paparazi managed to get this.

Boys go soak on their side. Girls too. Flora trying to hide from the girls so they won't find out she's a girl. Miyuki and Sela comparing sizes which is pretty beat by Haruka. On the same bath Eclipse trio wishes they have moon boobies. Eclipse's manager goes to Miyuki's grandpa to modify Eclipse's Bigfoots so they can have a match with Dan et al. Bigfoots that works with mics. Take that Basara! Later Dan finds out the girl was Rouge because of the paparazi hounding him outside the bathhouse. Live in their concert Eclipse announces they're going to play Basquash. The next day Dan wakes up because of commotion by the Eclipse girls. Rouge playfully calls him her lover. Which he denies but still gets the crap beaten out him by fanboys. Rouge gives a bait for Dan to play. A moon passport if he wins the match. The two teams play with Flora still the odd or even girl out. The rules is different. As long as the song goes there is a game. The game was pretty even but the points are more on Eclipse. Citron (Ranka) likes Iceman's (Alto) Destroys. Iceman does his idiotic passes and hits Rouge. Which Flora tries to warn Dan. Dan gets a flash of his sister's accident. Rouge fakes she's hurt. Thus them winning the game but Dan is overtly nice to her carrying her. Eclipse's manager tries to declare the game set but Alen (Flora) shows up above singing and declare's it isn't ver yet. It turns out she is Eclipse's number 1 fan and try to make the fans sing with her. Rouge goes against her manager and play again. The two teams play again. In the last seconds Dan does his signature move as longshot. The ball rolls around the basket but ultimately as the song goes out it doesn't go in. Eclipse wins.

Later the sleazy manager hits Citron for what Rouge did. Citron is the leader of Eclipse. It seems he was working with the OCB chairman to discredit Basquash. Citron tells her fellow members she's fine. She also teases Rouge about liking Dan.

Meanwhile at the trailer Alen (Flora) shows her Eclipse collection to the crew. Dan was sleeping.

Next ep. Dan one on one B-ball with moon bishie Slash and the return of Rouge.

MBS?! .... When I hear that I thought Macross Broadcasting System.

Lol Earthdash as a Macross colony world. :p

Yeah we noticed that in ep 1. :lol:

Ep 9 is pretty awesome!

Looks like the reason they had to have idols in this show was to reuse all the awesome effects of those revolving screens from Macross Frontier.

But seriously, good episode. I enjoyed it. Didn't expect the Loli to be the leader.