New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

1. The box is big enough. There are only 1-2 levels that you will feel restricted but its neccessary for the level. Most levels you can hit it but you have to try.

2. it feels like your actually flying around. Better than most flight games I think.

3. You can do loops but it takes a while in atmosphere. In space its fast but so is turning. In atmosphere your valk doesn't handle nearly as well.

Hope this helps. Just get the game its worth it.

Thanks jwinges, exactly what I wanted. I've had Battlecry for a while now, and those things really bugged me about it. I just didn't want to go through all the effort of importing it to find it still had these major issues.

I'm glad there seems to be a different gameplay of sorts when flying in space and the atmosphere.

Is there any news about a sequel? I've got a Japanese housemate, perhaps I can get him to translate some of the BBS stuff off of the official site.

hey y'all, I'm back from a loooooong absence from the internet (it's surprising i didnt die....) anyways, after playing the game long and hard for 2 weeks, i got all 20 S rankings (gotta love using the nukes!!!)

and for myself, i thought the VF-4 could definately be improved, game wise, and the FAST packs should be worked on too (definately the blowoff function part of it)

just my 2 cents.

Are there any Destroid missions in this game? And do they at all play a big part? Im just curious. Me and my friend have been interested in this game for a while, and ya never know, we might order it. By all accounts its a great game. I know the Monster is in it, but are the rest?

Just curious ^_^

-BEN-MAN-

Are there any Destroid missions in this game? And do they at all play a big part? Im just curious. Me and my friend have been interested in this game for a while, and ya never know, we might order it. By all accounts its a great game. I know the Monster is in it, but are the rest?

Just curious ^_^

-BEN-MAN-

I'm pretty sure there's no destroid missions. Why not play one of the Armored Core games? That's pretty Destroid0ish, and designed by Kawamori to boot.

Yah, I was just wondering ^_^ Im still probably going to pick this up.

I just always thought it would be awesome to be a Destroid pilot, and go smashing around on the surface of the Macross, using its entire surface area as a battle ground. Makes you wonder.. Do Destroids have Magnetic Feet??

Mmm.. Destroids.

-BEN-MAN-

Yah, I was just wondering ^_^ Im still probably going to pick this up.

I just always thought it would be awesome to be a Destroid pilot, and go smashing around on the surface of the Macross, using its entire surface area as a battle ground. Makes you wonder.. Do Destroids have Magnetic Feet??

Mmm.. Destroids.

-BEN-MAN-

LOL.....sounds like a Philip K. Dick book.....

'Do Destroids dream of magnetic feet?'

Graham

LoL ^__^ Put everything in a Phillip K. Dick mentality.

Is Bodolza the man in the high castle?

Do Zentraedi dream of bio-engineered super sheep?

Is the Macross's name really The Valis?

Was Macross turned into a movie where Roy Focker plays a blade runner and Britai a replicant?

Hikaru: "Its too bad Claudia wont live!... But then again who does!"

LOL. But at any rate.

-BEN-MAN-

:o

Er, finally got some free time to play the game.

I hope I am not spoiling anything by asking for some help?

I am on the Prometheus Stage 10, I can't figure out what is the main objective of the game, I keep failing it.

Can someone please give me a hint? I keep trying flying into the Baldoza ships, but then I am out of the "area".

Many thanks!

Also, does the head laser has any usage at all?

Paulo

ok, on stage 10 you have to destroy the turrets on the ships so the barrier will explode and kill Kakizaki.

:o

I think that is stage 9? Because I already past that....

I am confronting Boldoza fleet, or it's main ship? In the background plays Minmey's song...

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Destroids Rage: are you the BEN -MAN I think you are?

Just picked up Macross for PS2 today at a used game shop in west tokyo for about Y3000 (!) (Also Metal Slug 3) I wish I had more yen. I wanna get all those Gundam games...oh well only the essentials this trip.

Looking forward to gettin it all the way back home and kickin some zentraudi.

I really don't wanna mod my PS2, and I'm saving up for a Jap version and the game, but a friend told me the adaptor for the Jap PS2 is different from the American...like a different power supply and what not....is that true? Do I need something ELSE to use a Japanese PS2, or is it just like the American version and really have no worries, go ahead, buy buy buy?

As far as I can tell, you need no adapter what so ever. I don't remember any PS2 needs adapter. Just a power cord that comes with it. I do own a Jap. PS2(one of the early models) & a U.S. PS2, and they work just the same. Just plug & play. ;)

Japan is very like America electronically.

Same AC, with the same plug.

Same TV standard(though the channels are at diffrent frequencies).

A japanese system will work with no alterations in America, with the sole exception of systems using a japanese RF modulator(translation: original-style FamiCom).

Well if anyone wants to get it, but not have to mod their PS2 you could get this...

The Swap Magic PS2 boot disk

http://www.easybuy2000.com/store/playstati...20II/index.html

But this is one game I will be importing! I just wished for once that they would design all the games using the english language. I know most/all the people in Japan can read/write english. I just started my japanese class last night, it's going to be a long year...

um its a Japanese game made for Japanese people, why should it be in English just so you can play it? Japanese people can read and write Japanese a lot better than they can English.

Love Drifts Away and DYRL are 2 completly different songs... one sucking bad the other being awsome. 2 different songs... there fore one is allowed to hate one and love the other.

I have never seen RT... so I don't know how bad the song you mentioned is.

I wanted to buy the RT soundtrack just to get 'We Will Win'. I love that song.

*start music*...'life is only what you choose to make it...la la...'

I've been looking at buying a Japanese cousnel recently, I found out there are different colors for the ps2 now but expensive as hell. one that has caught my eye is the silver and the the white doesn't seem to bad either, relaly neat looking. And I want to get something that doesn't look something like my ps2, so maybe one of those colored versions would be sorta cool. Also found a few Japanese PS2 games I'd like to get...

I've been looking at buying a Japanese cousnel recently, I found out there are different colors for the ps2 now but expensive as hell. one that has caught my eye is the silver and the the white doesn't seem to bad either, relaly neat looking. And I want to get something that doesn't look something like my ps2, so maybe one of those colored versions would be sorta cool. Also found a few Japanese PS2 games I'd like to get...

I just picked up macross and Metal Slug 3 for PS2 while I was in Tokyo last week..If you like shooters MS3 is recommended.

screw coloured PS2s..I want a PSX.

On a completely unrelated topic to my last question all these swap tricks and stuff are such a pain:

Get someone to install a DMS3 Modchip in your american playstation but then BUY the Macross game (I got my game from ncsx.com. Like a lot of folks here have mentioned.) I've been buying imports from them since i first modded my PS1 and never got burned by NCS. They are reputable in my book.

DMS3 installation is a little pricey, but its great, and as a bonus you can watch your Region 2 dvd's in your Playstation.

Graham: I'm with you. this game is not all THAT easy. I am 30 and having a tough time.. I wonder if these youger folks are just more used to the 3d games... I'm the master 2-d Platformers.

I recommend the DMS3 also. I got it installed in my Australian (European) PS2 and now I can get it to run anything, PS1 boots/all regions etc. unlike previous chips its also got a 'stealth' feature to effectively switch off the chip when using your PS2 on onlineBB - ie you can be shut out of online games if the chip is detected.

My friend just informed me that the PS2 game is going to be released in North America.  Can I get a confirmation?

IIRC, there was a rumor about this a few months ago but as far as I know nothing has been confirmed. I find it unlikely that it would get a US release due to the ongoing licensing dispute.

However, I don't really keep up with the US gaming scene, so others here may know more than me.

If you don't have the game and want it, I recommend buying the Japanese game as it is perfectly playable even if you don't speak or read a word of Japanese.

Graham

I had a thought the other day. What if the extra VFs (YF-19, YF-21, SV-51 & VF-0S) are actually still in the game and to unlock then it takes something that probably nobody has done yet, such as getting an 'S' grade in every mission using the VF-4 or using Hikaru or Roy's VF-1S.

I mean most people quit playing once they unlock Max, Hikaru and Roy's VF-1S. I doubt anybody bothers to play through the game to get 'S' grades a second time.

I'm probably dreaming.

Graham

Are the VF-0, YF-19, YF-22 possible to get in the game? Which ones are possible? I only have a few, but would like to know what I can get other than the VT-1, VE-1, and a bunch of VF-1's that I've seen already?

Are the VF-0, YF-19, YF-22 possible to get in the game? Which ones are possible? I only have a few, but would like to know what I can get other than the VT-1, VE-1, and a bunch of VF-1's that I've seen already?

The VF-0S, SV-51, YF-19 & YF-21 where originally featured in a downloadable Bandai promo movie for the game. They were also mentioned on a few Japanese sites and also for a while on the Macross Compendium's info on the game.

However, shortly before the games release, all mention of these extra valks was dropped and for some unknown reason, the extra Valks were pulled from the game.

So basically besides all the VF-1 variants, the only extra Valk you can get in the game is the VF-4. IIRC, to get the VF-4, all you have to do is complete all the TV and DYRL missions (rank is not important).

We are all hoping that a PS2 Macross Zero and/or Macross Plus game will be released this year.

Graham

For those looking for all the available valks without getting 'S' on all the levels...find a friend who has. Just copy their save file to your memory card. That's what I've been doing for friends. We could just put a copy of it on macrossworld but most don't have the PSX2mediaplayer and broadband connection.