What Current Anime Series Are You Watching? v2.0

Duke Togo

This thread needs to be re-stickied.

The thread is not sticky enough, need more poeple to drool on this thread :lol:

I'm beginning to re-watch SDF:M, the good old classic is refreshing from today anime standard.

Wolf, how's Gai Rei Zero? any good?

I haven't touch it cuz of Fallout 3. :lol:

I read reviews online that its pretty awesome but recently it went downhill after ep 3/4? :blink:

Finished Gear Fighter Dendoh yesterday: it was entertaining al along, and the final was glorious

I'll probably watch Love, Live, Alive!, the Mospeada OAV, during this week-end

MS Gundam ZZ. Currently on episode 4.

Wow, it took real courage to watch the first half of ZZ, I couldn't stand it and skipped directly to the last half with Glemy arc.

Just finished Gunparade March & Gunparade Orchestra, again :) (I've almost watched these as many times as Macross)

Satomi just gets better and better :wub: and you just gotta luv red earings & Nonomi B))

While I haven't watched it in sometime, I was recently reminded of Sokyu No Fafner: Dead Aggressor or Fafner in the Azure. I highly recommend this one if you haven't seen it.

That brings up the question though, does anyone know a decent place (preferably online) to buy Anime DVDs? I can snag single volumes of Fafner of ebay or a bootleg. But places like Amazon have the complete set discontinued. I imagine there are some more specialty type places that still carry it though. So if anyone has a place like this I'd love to know about it.

First 4 eps of "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" totally blew me away! i'm hooked. show me those cute school girls

killing each other over and over again

!! :D

Its awesome ain't it? It'll be even awesome as all the different seemingly senseless pieces come slowly together towards the end of the 1st season and the resolution in the 2nd season.

Even after the 2nd season , it resolves everything in Hinamizawa then hints on something bigger happening in the background. Really awesome series and totally recommend it to anyone who likes horror/thriller stuff. (and a strong stomach too)

Its awesome ain't it? It'll be even awesome as all the different seemingly senseless pieces come slowly together towards the end of the 1st season and the resolution in the 2nd season.

Even after the 2nd season , it resolves everything in Hinamizawa then hints on something bigger happening in the background. Really awesome series and totally recommend it to anyone who likes horror/thriller stuff. (and a strong stomach too)

bloody awesome!! 2 arcs into season one, i love it already. even if they dont make sense of the disjointed arcs, i would love the series. but now that you say that there's a bigger picture, i'm gonna love it even more. :)

I'm still following Shikabane Hime Aka, and there only 2 episode which has been fansubbed. I think the main reason is the dialogue is very difficult to understand (the main character way of speaking is very....how could I put it.....difficult to understand).

The first half of ZZ wasn't that bad, just obscenely light hearted compared to the end of Zeta.

ZZ improves quite a bit from about episode 22 onwards; up to that point its worth suffering through just to see why it was so important that Tomino be kept miserable at that stage of his career. :) One of the things I never got over there is poor Bright being reduced to the Universal Centurys greatest straight man...

• 3 weeks later...

Watched episodes 7 - 8 of Clannad: After Story.

1stly, someone else on MW mentioned Rainbow Bread + Ultimate Jam...omfg it came true. Then Clannad never fails to make me feel abit emo. :( Such a good series.

Edited by wolfx

While I haven't watched it in sometime, I was recently reminded of Sokyu No Fafner: Dead Aggressor or Fafner in the Azure. I highly recommend this one if you haven't seen it.

That brings up the question though, does anyone know a decent place (preferably online) to buy Anime DVDs? I can snag single volumes of Fafner of ebay or a bootleg. But places like Amazon have the complete set discontinued. I imagine there are some more specialty type places that still carry it though. So if anyone has a place like this I'd love to know about it.

www.rightstuf.com

Finished Cybuster a few days ago: too bad its animation's so horrible because this series has a lot of originalities in its concept, setting, plot and designs. If such defect doesn't turn you off, don't miss this show, it's very interesting in its own way...

Otherwise, I also finished – finally – Legend of Galactic Heroes: definitely one of the best animes I've seen so far. If you haven't watched it yet and you don't plan to do so, shame on you! :p

I'm on an anime break for now and I watch season 3 of Babylon 5

Watched all of To Love Ru this turkey day week end, It was hilarious the first two episodes set the show and are a little slow but are still funny the rest is grate.

http://getfansub.com/wiki/To_LOVE_Ru_-_Trouble

Just started Gundam Seed I like it so far, Just got a model of the Strike will post pics in Whats on Your Bench

Also following The Big Bang Theory I know not anime but still worth watching.

Edited by hal9000

Chaos;Head

Interestingly good, based from a game from Japan and this series is animated by Koreans (See Credits... long list of Korean names).

They did a good job of the art and animation, unlike how Bleach is going.

Still watching Soul Eater/Gundam 00/Naruto/Bleach/Tales of Abyss when ever possible.

Recently watched Macross Do You Remember Love and the Flashback one.

Well I haven't seen ne thing anime wise since I last saw macross F... I might watch MS Igloo soon as there is a lot of hype about that and its not too long of a series.... Im burnt out of gundam otherwise and will not watch 00 ne time soon... If there is something good that's worth watching ill check it out but there's not that many good anime out there lately.

While I'm at it, I've recently added Fireball to my weekly list: it's a series of very short (about 1 - 2 minutes for each ep) set in some distant future and about a (presumed) young robot lady and her mechanic servant living in some sort of futuristic citadel in the middle of a dark city surrounded by a vast desert; it doesn't pretend to make any sense and actually reminds me of some sort of Monty Python-ish weird/absurd humour but in a Tim Burton like atmosphere (except that it's rather bright, visually speaking): a somewhat funny show overally, which deserves to be better known IMO

You'll find the official site here, but in japanese because life's unfair

Well I haven't seen ne thing anime wise since I last saw macross F... I might watch MS Igloo soon as there is a lot of hype about that and its not too long of a series.... Im burnt out of gundam otherwise and will not watch 00 ne time soon... If there is something good that's worth watching ill check it out but there's not that many good anime out there lately.

MS Igloo is probably the best UC Gundam sequel since uh, CCA? It's amazingly good, and basically a shining example of what Gundam sequels should be.

Finally finished Idolmaster Xenoglossia. A bit of a slog but it did improve as the series ground on.

One thing that I found unusual was that one of the characters, R.I.F.F.A had a tatto on her arm. Apart from Revy in Black Lagoon I can't say I've ever noticed any other characters with tats.

Moved on to and finished the whole Stratos 4 series over the past few days. Not bad, nothing really stood out, just a good show with some good characters and a bit of fun. The maintenance chief continually rabbiting on about his lost love got bit second hand pretty quick though.

Just started on Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu. Can't understand how Haruka got knocked out the Sai-Moe contest so early, she's a mega moe :wub: but at least she lost to the right moe's Tsukasa & Kagami :D

• 3 weeks later...

I just took a peek on the latest Linebarrel episode, which made me rage hard. What the hell are Gonzo thinking, introducing tentacle near-rape to Linebarrel, this anime show just hit a new low on the bottom of Lame-Barrel. :angry:

I just finished watching Detonator Orgunn, the new Gaiking TV series, currently trying to see if Votoms is good or not. ^_^