Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Keep reading though and it's $4.99 to create a club BUT begining no earlier than March 09 they will be instituting a monthly fee for maintaining clubs... :blink: Iwas talking about this with a guy in my game clan, if you have a club and it's worthwhile to keep, perhaps setting up a paypal account for the group would be a good idea.

I've owned all three Playstations and have enjoyed each but I have to question why the online experience is considered inferior to X360 Live? Before some of you jump on the $50 dollars a year keeps the live service superior to PSN, ask yourself where does the proceeds from Qore go and where will all the profits from the microtransactions w/i Home go? In the end PS owners may be paying more than 50 a year to play online....

I don't want to jinx it but I really never had the problems some people claim while playing online...Socom, SSFIITHDR, FFXI on the PS2 all play fine.

I was totally turned off after buying the first episode of Qore....I was like "WTF did I give them money for this???" and then the Socom beta fiasco...whoa!

So I have mixed feelings about Home, I think as a Playstation community service it has good potential...but I can't justify paying RL $$$ for a digital sweatshirt plus if my wife found out I'd never hear the end of it!

I think it would be better if they incorporated trophy support as a form of currency in Home it would enhance the game's longevity and act as a stimulus to the game industry, as people might be willing to buy more games...that's just an idea.

I've owned all three Playstations and have enjoyed each but I have to question why the online experience is considered inferior to X360 Live? Before some of you jump on the $50 dollars a year keeps the live service superior to PSN, ask yourself where does the proceeds from Qore go and where will all the profits from the microtransactions w/i Home go? In the end PS owners may be paying more than 50 a year to play online....

I don't want to jinx it but I really never had the problems some people claim while playing online...Socom, SSFIITHDR, FFXI on the PS2 all play fine.

I was totally turned off after buying the first episode of Qore....I was like "WTF did I give them money for this???" and then the Socom beta fiasco...whoa!

So I have mixed feelings about Home, I think as a Playstation community service it has good potential...but I can't justify paying RL $$$ for a digital sweatshirt plus if my wife found out I'd never hear the end of it!

I think it would be better if they incorporated trophy support as a form of currency in Home it would enhance the game's longevity and act as a stimulus to the game industry, as people might be willing to buy more games...that's just an idea.

To me, Live feels more intuitive than the PSN does. Finding demos, movies, and games to download/buy hasn't been a problem for me. However, trying to group up with a friend, to play a game, is just ludicrous on the PSN. That's been my experience anyway. Moreover, there's a lot more content on Live than there is on the PSN. Overall, Live just feels more polished than the PSN. I will say this much though, I do prefer the PS3's dashboard over the 360's.

I guess that's one way to deal with the server issue... <_<

Eugimon it isn't worth wasting your time with fanboys... Especially that of the PS3 crowd... They just can't seem to accept that the ps3 has many flaws and shortcomings... and when someone brings them to light they feel they have to justify their purchase of a ps3...

If you ask me I think ppl like this are insecure about their purchase of a PS3 and therefore have to defend it... I don't see xbots going apeshit about the RROD issue. They can accept that and get over it. Some ppl just need to grow up and stop defending sony as if sony gives them their paycheck...

Being that I have never played a second life thing before I spent a good two hours or more exploring most of home and I must say it's quite boring. The only "fun" I had the whole playthrough was bowling with a buddy and that was only cause he really gets too into the game :lol: . I did get verbally molested by two gangstahs, that was pretty hilarious. All I could think of while strolling around was "They took 2 years to make this?" Hopefully more content will be added soon. On another note, I've seen people defend microsoft like it gives them a paycheck as well, kinda scary.

Eugimon it isn't worth wasting your time with fanboys... Especially that of the PS3 crowd... They just can't seem to accept that the ps3 has many flaws and shortcomings... and when someone brings them to light they feel they have to justify their purchase of a ps3...

If you ask me I think ppl like this are insecure about their purchase of a PS3 and therefore have to defend it... I don't see xbots going apeshit about the RROD issue. They can accept that and get over it. Some ppl just need to grow up and stop defending sony as if sony gives them their paycheck...

I hereby curse you to RROD next time you power up your 360!

I hereby curse you to RROD next time you power up your 360!

LOL the fact that my 360 has a 65 nm falcon chipset, it probably won't happen lol... At least not ne time soon I hope...

Both systems have their good points... but I cant say home is one of them... Its not really up to par with what was promised 2 years ago... sony is also hurting for money atm and by not charging a monthly fee for online is putting alot of strain on sony's bank account. Id gladly pay 5 dollars a month so that sony can recoup their losses and provide much better online service than whats out now... its a small price to pay really.

I think the idea of tying Home into game achievements is a good idea. I'm sure it would take some work to get the developers on board, but having a cool 3D model of a trophy would be pretty cool to place in my virtual pad.

I could care less about the trophies. The thing that I wanted out of Home was a way to setup matches of PS3 online-capable games. Some are pretty spotty. I'd like to know what other people play and join up with them instead of hoping to run into them in the game or hoping they're playing mine at the time sucks. I would like to start my gaming-day in Home and see what people want to do, then we can hit it off.

LOL the fact that my 360 has a 65 nm falcon chipset, it probably won't happen lol... At least not ne time soon I hope...

Both systems have their good points... but I cant say home is one of them... Its not really up to par with what was promised 2 years ago... sony is also hurting for money atm and by not charging a monthly fee for online is putting alot of strain on sony's bank account. Id gladly pay 5 dollars a month so that sony can recoup their losses and provide much better online service than whats out now... its a small price to pay really.

That fancy chipset won't save you from shotty american engineering! RROD BEEEAAAAMMM!! :)

.. I don't see xbots going apeshit about the RROD issue. ..

Ya right... that's why there have been several RROD class action lawsuits...

to be fair Sony has had several class action lawsuits filed too for faulty PS2 and PSones(I got notices in the mail for both ).. so far so good with the PS3

I don't see xbots going apeshit about the RROD issue.

When my X360 went RROD, I was upset...

I went Ape when the replacement was a used system that was RROD straight out of the box.

All microsoft did was put a new faceplate on it.

The third one went straight to ebay with a disclaimer and sold for the cost of all the games and accessories that were included.

Took the money and bought a PS3, the one with the PS2 inside not the emulator.

The X360 was a great system and I like the controllers better than the PS3 but microsoft's customer service sucks.

If the X360 train ride was not fun enough just ask people who have windows vista.

Funny thing is I have more PS2 games than PS3 and sony didn't do a good job when they out-sourced the Blu-ray disk offer.

Both companies have room for improvement.

sony didn't do a good job when they out-sourced the Blu-ray disk offer.

Both companies have room for improvement.

Sony didn't outsource that offer. It wasn't theirs. It was the BDA that outsourced it. Most people just assume it was since the PS3 took the lions share of players sold for that offer.

I could care less about the trophies. The thing that I wanted out of Home was a way to setup matches of PS3 online-capable games. Some are pretty spotty. I'd like to know what other people play and join up with them instead of hoping to run into them in the game or hoping they're playing mine at the time sucks. I would like to start my gaming-day in Home and see what people want to do, then we can hit it off.

You can do that in Home.

Click.

Edited by badboy00z

The preview looks ok but I was expecting the gfx to blow me away like gears of war did... They don't look bad but I'm a little disapointed... I guess it can't be helped the game was so hyped up that everybody was expecting something groundbreaking.

The preview looks ok but I was expecting the gfx to blow me away like gears of war did... They don't look bad but I'm a little disapointed... I guess it can't be helped the game was so hyped up that everybody was expecting something groundbreaking.

When I first played a demo of Uncharted way back when, I was pretty impressed with the graphics. Since then, I built a solid gaming PC, played Crysis with the graphics settings way up, then bought and played Uncharted, which, by that point, looked like crap compared to what my PC was cranking out. I think this console generation's graphics, on both the PS3 and the 360, have mostly peaked, so I'm not expecting the graphics wow me anymore.

Groundbreaking? I don't think anyone wants any ground broken with God of War III. Personally, I'd be ecstatic with more of the same.

According to Dave Jaffe, the footage shown at the VGA wasn't the super blow you away footage he's seen...the new stuff he's seen is supposed to jaw dropping. I thought it looked great personally but what was shown, was very little. Certainly helped when I saw the HD version of the trailer too.

Also, it may be me but Uncharted 2's trailer looked might damn amazing to me...more so than the GOW 3 footage even.

Edited by Gaijin

yeah, i read that jaffe said the current build is 25-30% better... whileI don't doubt it looks better, but where did he get 25-30% and if you're going to make up a percentage, why make up a range? lol.

Uncharted 2 does look amazing, I loved the way the musculature in the neck moved realistically with the head and body movement. while I know that sort of detail won't be noticed during gameplay, it just makes me warm and tingly inside knowing the animators are putting that much thought into the physics.

Sony didn't outsource that offer. It wasn't theirs. It was the BDA that outsourced it. Most people just assume it was since the PS3 took the lions share of players sold for that offer.

Heard it before.

It was funny how Bestbuy, Sony and Blu-ray tried to pass the buck until they were served notice that BestBuy had entered into a contract to sell the Sony PS3 contingent on the free Blu-ray disks and that Disney Blu-ray, as an agent of Sony, had failed to deliver the requested disks.

Bestbuy, Breach of contract

Sony, Fraud

Disney Blu-ray, Negligence

Of course had copies of the advertisement, receipts, three separate requests mailed to Blu-ray to get the disks and transcripts of the phone calls to Bestbuy, Sony, and Blu-ray customer care.

Two weeks later I had the disks and an apology.

All tactics learned dealing with Microsoft over the X360.

Good thing that mail-in offers are now illegal in Canada... too bad the US still has to deal with them.