Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Well go to the official socom forums if you think this is ok... or you can learn the hard way by not being patient, buying the game and have it break your PS3... its your loss...

Dont believe everything you hear... sony probly has all their fanboys saying that the system is great and that everything is ok on their payroll...

:blink:

i got a MSG4 80gb bundle, and been playing oblivion recently but it would sometimes freeze up...anybody know if this is common or if there's a fix of some sort or did I get a bunk ps3?

I haven't experienced it.

This site has a lot of Elder Scrolls stuff, including known bugs for most versions of each game. I haven't seen the problem you are having on it. Does this happen to other games?

I am in the RESISTANCE 2 Beta.

Anyone else?

Add me if you want to do some Co-Op or MP.

I just got my code today, I never played Resistence 1. If 94medition doesn't want my beta code, I'll either play it or post it here for someone that is willing to give it more time than I can.

I am in the RESISTANCE 2 Beta.

Anyone else?

Add me if you want to do some Co-Op or MP.

I'm in that too..I've just put it aside since SOCOM came out. The co-op is fun but tough! Those enemies are brutal!

OK, here is my plea to those who know. Since it dosen't look like Ace Combat is going to make it to PS3 anytime soon, and Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. is not being released this year; does anybody know of a flying combat game for PS3 I can stick under my Christmas tree this year? :unsure:

I think the closest game you can get for that now is warhawk... and even that isn't a total flight game... There hasn't been many games that touch that genre for any of the next gen systems really... Ace Combat 6 and that's it...

Is anybody else's PS3 picking up their DirecTV receiver as a media server. Odly enough I tried to play some videos today and its picking up my satallite receiver but the files are unplayable. If you're getting this too have you been able to get things to play?

Little Big Planet is out this week. Saw a few of you on last night. It's a cutesy little platformer from the 2 levels I played, but I'm having way more fun making Sackboy make stupid faces on screen.

LBP isn't my type of game... Nothing against the PS3 or anything its just that there is so much games coming out that I would like to play first. Fallout 3, left 4 dead, deadspace and gear of war 2. If LBP was the only game coming out this month id probly play it but right now there is just so much other games id rather play first.

Just found out there was some sort of Little Big Planet scratch card promo for Nariko and Kratos skins with a GameStop/EB preorder. WTH Sony, just give them out to people who buy the game! Anybody have an extra of these codes lying around?

Oh and just picked up MotorStorm: Pacific Rift. Gonna try it tomorrow.

Has anyone here swapped out their HDD for a larger one? I have an 80 gig and it's filling up fast with required game installs, games and stuff bought on the PS store, music and pics saved on it too. I have read it's pretty easy but would like to hear more about it from people who've done it.

Edited by Isamu Starkiller

Has anyone here swapped out their HDD for a larger one? I have an 80 gig and it's filling up fast with required game installs, games and stuff bought on the PS store, music and pics saved on it too. I have read it's pretty easy but would like to hear more about it from people who've done it.

Turn off. Open. Unscrew. Remove HD. Screw. Put back in. Turn on.

That's it.

My 60Gb went to 250Gb. I'm thinking of upgrading that to 320Gb or bigger.

Oh and don't forget that junk about backing up your files to an external HD first before swapping the drive.

Love the stuff they're doing with LBP. Someguy in Japan just did a SHMUP in it.

Just found out there was some sort of Little Big Planet scratch card promo for Nariko and Kratos skins with a GameStop/EB preorder. WTH Sony, just give them out to people who buy the game! Anybody have an extra of these codes lying around?

Oh and just picked up MotorStorm: Pacific Rift. Gonna try it tomorrow.

I hear there are a lot of extra codes just sitting at gamestops. I'm going to stop into one today and see if they have extras.

Turn off. Open. Unscrew. Remove HD. Screw. Put back in. Turn on.

That's it.

My 60Gb went to 250Gb. I'm thinking of upgrading that to 320Gb or bigger.

Oh and don't forget that junk about backing up your files to an external HD first before swapping the drive.

Love the stuff they're doing with LBP. Someguy in Japan just did a SHMUP in it.

Don't foret to backup your current system to an external drive with the built in utility. That way you can retain all your downloaded stuff to the new drive.

Gamestop's been running alot of ads like that for other games. I guess they're paying the game companies for extras to try to keep the uneducated "preordering" instead of buying them cheaper online.

According to a post thread by Capcom forum moderator Christian Svensson, Super Street Fighter II Turbor HD Remix has already been submitted to Sony (to Microsoft too, for that matter) for approval. Their target release month is November, which means the game could potentially come out in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, Svensson wasn't able to provide any information regarding whether or not the PSN and XBLA versions will be released simultaneously. Finally, we have even more new screenshots of the game for you in the gallery below.

Come on, Capcom and Sony, bring the game out already!

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/11/03/street...ease-date-is-t/

Hopefully this is true :D

I hear there are a lot of extra codes just sitting at gamestops. I'm going to stop into one today and see if they have extras.

Gamestop's been running alot of ads like that for other games. I guess they're paying the game companies for extras to try to keep the uneducated "preordering" instead of buying them cheaper online.

I don't think there's any Gamestops where I am. They've all been replaced with EBGames. If any of you guys find that your local GS has extra codes I'd appreciate it if you pick me up one.

It rules. Race me. PSN bandit29. I also play Pure (its like SSX Tricky with ATVs)

Sure thing, if I see you online.

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet. Word is that Valkyria Chronicles is getting its own anime series this spring

now the new Street Fighter II hd trailer

http://kotaku.com/5082672/street-fighter-i...-the-bestaround

and screen shots

http://kotaku.com/5084504/akuma-fei+long-a...agat-in-full-hd

awesomeness :) maybe this will launch soon since Capcom is getting its own section on the PSN..

Bought Valkyria Chronicles the other day, good game. If you like tanks, anime or RPGs i would recommend this game. Anyone else played it yet? What do you think?

Yup, this is a sleeper gem. Must buy.

Not yet. Word is that Valkyria Chronicles is getting its own anime series this spring

now the new Street Fighter II hd trailer

http://kotaku.com/5082672/street-fighter-i...-the-bestaround

and screen shots

http://kotaku.com/5084504/akuma-fei+long-a...agat-in-full-hd

awesomeness :) maybe this will launch soon since Capcom is getting its own section on the PSN..

So wait, this is just SSF2T with Alpha style graphics? An ancient engine is still an ancient engine, fighters have evolved so much since then.

Does Capcom have SF III amnesia or something? Have none of their employee's hit a (Japanese) arcade in the past decade, come across a copy of Guilty Gear or Arcana Heart? Having blinders is one thing, but both HD & IV being such a huge step backwards into the SFII era is shameful.

Edited by Keith

Does Capcom have SF III amnesia or something? Have none of their employee's hit a (Japanese) arcade in the past decade, come across a copy of Guilty Gear or Arcana Heart? Having blinders is one thing, but both HD & IV being such a huge step backwards into the SFII era is shameful.

Well think Mega Man 9, Capcom realizes there's money in nostaglia. I don't care for fighters so I don't have an opinion on SF.