Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Ahh so those parts are POM. Well if it is incredibly hard to have paint adhere to POM then I'll retract that suggestion, but I stand by the rest of my observations.

One of the good things about the Beagle is that they seem to use a lot of POM. POM is much more durable, but obviously it doesn't "look" as good and of course it can't be painted. But the long term is you get a more durable toy if the use lots of POM on possible high stress areas.

Vostok 7

No, you're right, the back attaches in its way and the white pieces help secure the front of the figure.

well jenius, i think he is right also, but then again, with the construction of the white pieces, i figure it acts more like the accesseries then securing the bike to me

And Tober, i also have the white stuff coming out as well, so what i did is i took out the white connector, insert the figure in the i put back the white connector, seems easier to put it in properly..

I had taken 2 hrs just to transform this bike.. and it doesn;t resemble any gakken cyclones i ever had..

:blink: ..

Edited by eyesonme78

hi tober, i believe u mean this right ?

i expected this to happen... the moment i see the manual, cause it is very difficult to get the 3 tabs behind to sercure into the back of the chest armour.

the white connect is meant to be a accesseries not secure the armour to the bike or vice versa..

i have attached the pics for your reference..

if i am wrong.. pls let me know..

Hi troyness, any pics which i can see?

cause maybe i might face the same problem in the future.. hahah..

and it would help all of us to prevent problems from ahppening though..

sorry eyesonme78 I don,t have a camera(all my money goes to toys),for the moment it can stay in it,s upright position but if I move the display tray it leans to the right just before the friction of the first "click",at the moment I,m swaying it to the left of it,s upright position(which it tends to aswell..just not as much as it does to the right)and using the kick stand to help keep it in it,s upright position...hope that helps .Damn I,m getting the splitting crotch seam thing to.

if any Beagle representitives read these threads ...CHANGE THE DAMN CLOTH.FOR THE LEY/RAND FIGURE I think you,ll find it hard to convince peaple to buy a v2.0 of the Stick or Ley at $200 bucks a piece

The other thread is not a wish thread... I'm going to start deleting posts that do not belong there..

Saddle bags and other accessories people want are not to be listed. Just potential fixes and realistic suggestions of improvements concerning the Stick Ride Armor that can be carried over to future releases. Only list things that came packed with the Stick Ride Armor. Still comments should be more focused on the figure, cycle, and transformation, types or plastic used.

I know you guys have listed things in the other mospeada thread but I'm not going to go fishing through all the post to find them. Please from here just post the list of fixes and realistic suggestions of improvements and no more questions or advise. If you have a question PM instead of adding a reply.

WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE READ THE REQUEST OF LISTING, HELP ME HELP YOU.

Ahh so those parts are POM. Well if it is incredibly hard to have paint adhere to POM then I'll retract that suggestion, but I stand by the rest of my observations.

Everyone keeps crediting POM as a material used , however the box only lists ABS and PVC as materials used.

Yaco says on his blog that it is POM, and he has direct connections with Beagle (heck, he had one of these things months before release, and he's thanked by name in the instruction manual).

It sure looks like POM to me.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

guys, some updates and also to keep off from the discussion for a while.

enjoy the pics people.. hope u guys dun mind.

DSC03216.jpg

DSC03219.jpg

DSC03221.jpg

DSC03227.jpg

DSC03238.jpg

DSC03233.jpg

DSC03247.jpg

now i think the mods are quite nice with the weathering, plus the thread starter said he will be collecting his "clothes" soon ..

i think if beagle has this sort of paint skills + maintain current QC,+ improved cloth materials or sewing skills i, t be a fantastic piece of poisonous toy that will make our wallets beg for mercy..

:lol::lol::lol::blink:

But then again, it just makes me realise how much i love this product by beagle..

hahahh

Edited by eyesonme78

Damn. The left leg of my Beagle was went incredibly loose all of a sudden. When I tried to take the the cloth off the under fabric stretched but the red pleather did not so that split right down the side of the torso. Then, when I tried to fix the hip the screwdriver destoyed the head of the screw but managed to make the hip even LOOSER.

Now I have a limping Stick whose split his pants.

Damn. The left leg of my Beagle was went incredibly loose all of a sudden. When I tried to take the the cloth off the under fabric stretched but the red pleather did not so that split right down the side of the torso. Then, when I tried to fix the hip the screwdriver destoyed the head of the screw but managed to make the hip even LOOSER.

Now I have a limping Stick whose split his pants.

I just saw a commercial with an amazing new pill you can take to fix your limping stick...

Sorry, couldn't help it. That really does suck though. Considering how bummed I got when my brand new Garland's leg broke a couple days back, I can only imagine how much more annoying it must be to have that happen to a new Beagle MOSPEADA.

Holy crap, I just got my Maia Shadow Fighter... it really is as bad as everything you heard. I hadn't even taken it out of the tray when I had sent an email asking if I could return it... it was obviously broken inside the box. I'll do a full write-up at some point in the not-so-distant future. The real bummer was that I was hoping it would have small flaws I could overlook and keep the crappy but rare reject toy... there's no way I'm keeping this thing.\

Edit - On the bright side, Roger, since the trap door for the shoulder array was broken on my Maia right out of the box I can easily demonstrate now how easy it would be to make a shadow fighter toy without having the useless flap in soldier mode.

Edited by jenius

I was transforming my Beagle ride armor when all of a sudden this little ring fel out from somewhere.

I have no idea where it came from. Can anyone help?

Maybe from the bottom of the red spring-like-thing in the central engine section.

The other thread is not a wish thread... I'm going to start deleting posts that do not belong there..

BY ALL MEANS PLEASE DO.

EXO please delete some of the post that do not belong there. I just checked and there are ones about enemy mecha and price cuts.

Making new molds for stuff that they have no intention as of now to make, one isn't going to fix any existing problem, asking for a reduced price will not get modification made at all.

You think you got it bad, Japanese sites are selling the Toynami beta for near $333.

Edited by Save

Maybe from the bottom of the red spring-like-thing in the central engine section.

Thanks Tober, i found it. it did come from the spring-like thing. it can only be glued back on.

It does not harm the bike in any way. But the spring could slide off if it wears in time.

....Can anyone comment on whether the CM's or Megahouse ride armors are superior to the Beagle in any respect, no matter how small?

Well, a lot of it has to do with personal preference. I think all of the Ride Armor toys look great in their own way, but I like the CMs the best due to scale, sculpt and overall look.

I think the scale makes it the worst, way to small for my taste. Looks like a G.I.Joe with some extra gear.

It's not a very sturdy toy. things started breaking off (windshield for example), everything keeps popping out and won't stay in place. :angry:

A very expancive toy for that size and quality. To me the Beagle is the best so far, folowed by megahouse then CM.

Edited by gilermo

I think the scale makes it the worst, way to small for my taste. Looks like a G.I.Joe with some extra gear.

It's not a very sturdy toy. things started breaking off (windshield for example), everything keeps popping out an d wont stay in place. :angry:

A very expancive toy for that size and quality. To me the Beagle is the best so far, folowed by megahouse then CM.

Can't comment on this too much, since I'm still waiting on my Toynami-Beagle, and don't own a CM or Megahouse (they just don't look right to me somehow, and knowing the Beagle was on its way, I decided to save my money for that), but I bet Yamato would do a nice job of doing a smaller scale MOSPEADA.

Can't comment on this too much, since I'm still waiting on my Toynami-Beagle, and don't own a CM or Megahouse (they just don't look right to me somehow, and knowing the Beagle was on its way, I decided to save my money for that), but I bet Yamato would do a nice job of doing a smaller scale MOSPEADA.

For the love of Christ no. Yamato might make a great Gashapon but if Mega House and CMs has taught us anything it's that Ride Armors are too complicated to be built in tiny scales unless you're willing to make major concessions. Hell, the Mega House even gave up on trying to make the transformation at all perfect and it's still not a great toy. The CMs and the Mega House absolutely suck in comparison to the Beagle and the Beagle still ain't perfect. There's absolutely nothing Yamato has ever done that leads me to believe they could overcome the issues that CMs and MH failed to overcome. The bright sides are that the MH is cheap and can be banged around a bit and the CMs can be modded well to overcome it's sloppiness (a drop of glue here or there). If the CMs were 1/12 scale I think it would have been really impressive.

For the love of Christ no. Yamato might make a great Gashapon but if Mega House and CMs has taught us anything it's that Ride Armors are too complicated to be built in tiny scales unless you're willing to make major concessions. Hell, the Mega House even gave up on trying to make the transformation at all perfect and it's still not a great toy. The CMs and the Mega House absolutely suck in comparison to the Beagle and the Beagle still ain't perfect. There's absolutely nothing Yamato has ever done that leads me to believe they could overcome the issues that CMs and MH failed to overcome. The bright sides are that the MH is cheap and can be banged around a bit and the CMs can be modded well to overcome it's sloppiness (a drop of glue here or there). If the CMs were 1/12 scale I think it would have been really impressive.

Clearly we have very different opinions about Yamato.

Have you had a chance to get your hands on the Metallic Priss and Motoslave from Bubblegum Crisis?

My Beagle arrived today. Looks great. Only issues I see so far is definitely the helmet head is floppy, and I'm kinda disappointed that NOTHING seems to lock together in Bike mode. I probably need more time to fiddle with it, really, but that's about my biggest complaint, everything should really lock together somehow in Bike mode. Like the windscreen flops around, the front arm covers never sit quite right without fiddling, the front end wants to pop apart in all but the best circumstances, the seat and gas tank and tail never sit quite right, and the leg/chain covers want to pop out of the rear wheel. However, it seems that mine "lines up" from front to back when everything is in place, it's just that getting everything in place seems to be a chore. But, I am SUPER picky about stuff so that's probably most of it. When I get some more time (have to go back to work right now), I'll mess around with it some more but right now it feels a little disappointingly fiddly. And to jenius, you said the suspension works? Mine doesn't seem to?

I haven't transformed it at all yet.

Vostok 7

Aw man, do I have to pull my toy out now to test the suspension? Maybe it just seemed to work because the bike has so much give when you push down on it.

Edit, just checked, while it's not like a real suspension by any means, and it doesn't use the spring in the center, both the front wheel and rear wheel move up and return to position when pressed against.

Edited by jenius