Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

This sounds way too bizarre and I hadn't heard anything about CMs doing something unique with these releases. Is it possible you saw a collection of stuff CMs had given a store to use to set up a display or something?

From our local CM's importer, the Dark Shinobu is indeed a limited release, so it's only 'normal' for sellers to try bundling them to make a bigger buck. I'm waiting patiently for my bundle to arrive.

The box set i was talking about is not a bundled set of several boxes. It comes in ONE box (much wider than a normal box) containing all 3 types of the black types, but i think you can only chose to assemble it in one form at any one time. drifand, u can go down and take a look. i saw it at the "local importer" ^_^ i hope its still there and i think its a limited release so u might want to get it since you're a CM'S collector (2 blue notes ;) ).

Edited by Shun

Just saw this on an ebay, it's for a Robotech MPC Cyclone (repackaged Beagle):

Seems like confirmation that the Beagle is still going to come out in Japan first and that Toynami was indeed hit with the delay.

That's really not surprising, given the way toy factories in China have been collapsing like houses of cards.

The box set i was talking about is not a bundled set of several boxes. It comes in ONE box (much wider than a normal box) containing all 3 types of the black types, but i think you can only chose to assemble it in one form at any one time. drifand, u can go down and take a look. i saw it at the "local importer" ^_^ i hope its still there and i think its a limited release so u might want to get it since you're a CM'S collector (2 blue notes ;) ).

Interesting, I'd like to see pics of that. If anybody here buys it or finds it in a toy store, please post pics, I'm very curious. HLJ only lists the Bartley, Blowsuperior and Shinobu.

Edit: It also lists the 21 and 31 as december release :huh: Could this be the dark versions or rereleases of Stig and Rey's?

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Unless one of our members in Asia already has their hands on it, I wouldn't expect a review just yet.

As I've said earlier, I haven't even seen a payment request come through for my preorder. Based on their track records, I'd rather trust Kevin on the release date than HG or Toynami.

And if Kevin isn't firing off a payment request, I ain't expecting a Beta within the next week or so. Hell, I think a release before year-end is still a bit optimistic.

In any case, I think everyone should calm the hell down about asking for a review. What's another month or two, when we've been waiting for this thing for YEARS?

I am just wondering does anyone have good shots or pictures on Alpha and Beta in front, side and top/bottom?

For instance, from Shadow Chroniles or your own collection?

I lost hope that in this life I will get a good Beta / Aplha toys, so I decided to quickly model them.

Edited by SeminNV

Hmm, that box IS confusing. From HLJ:

http://www.hlj.com/product/CMS65243

52930139rp4.jpg

From the product description:

"Note: The two Dark Mospeada figures (21 type & 31 type) shown on the packaging are not included. Although the box art does say Dark Bartley & Dark Mospeada, there is also a Japanese text below the title indicating that only Ride Armor Dark Bartley (Shinobu Type) is included in this set."

Edited by emerson

i see.... thanks emerson.

I guess CM'S didn't want to print a different box cover for the Dark Mospeadas... :wacko:

Same way they used the same box for the Stick, Ray and Soldier Mospeadas I own. I assume it's the same with the limited edition "glittery" ones as well.

That makes a whole lot more sense. I thought originally they'd do a box showing the Fuke/Shinobu figures and then do another box showing the Ley and Stig type Dark Ride Armors. I guess they didn't feel Shinobu fit in well enough with Fuke.

I wouldn't mind that...but I doubt it. When BBTS upped the price of Toynami's Cyclone pre-order (from $79.99 to $199.99), the email notification stated that Toynami had given them the MSRP and if retailers didn't stick to it, then orders wouldn't be filled.

So, my guess is this: If the Beta's listed price is inaccurate, BBTS would've been told by now.

Maia Sterling Shadow Fighter is up on RT.com and is listed for $59.99. I was suprised since I was sure it would be $79.99. They say it will be here in 1 to 2 weeks.

http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproductpreord.php?id=351

Yeah, but why would you want it?

Figures! Here was the email.

Hi everyone

I have to make a big apology to all of you who ordered the Masterpiece

Shadow Fighter (Maia Sterling) over the last two days. As it turns out,

there was a minimum price that Toynami was enforcing on all of the toys that

we were mistaken about. Instead of being $59.99, the price of the

Masterpiece Shadow Fighter will be $79.99. As a result of this, we will have

to cancel your preorders and let you decide whether to place a new order at

the new price.

Once again, we apologize for the confusion and the inconveniences.

If you would like to order again, the preorder is here:

Steve Yun

Harmony Gold

steve@robotech.com

Yeah it is. But that shows you that Toynami (the shitties company on earth) is ARTIFICIALLY inflating the price of the toy. If robotech.com thought they could sell it for that much, then that means they'd still be making a profit. So now we know Toynami is giving stores at least another $20...

Figures! Here was the email.

Hi everyone

I have to make a big apology to all of you who ordered the Masterpiece

Shadow Fighter (Maia Sterling) over the last two days. As it turns out,

there was a minimum price that Toynami was enforcing on all of the toys that

we were mistaken about. Instead of being $59.99, the price of the

Masterpiece Shadow Fighter will be $79.99. As a result of this, we will have

to cancel your preorders and let you decide whether to place a new order at

the new price.

Once again, we apologize for the confusion and the inconveniences.

If you would like to order again, the preorder is here:

Steve Yun

Harmony Gold

steve@robotech.com

Bwa hahaha! What a god damned joke! Like HG doesn't know what price Toynami is charging. They're either liars or complete idiots.

Protostar8, I think HG is the worst company on Earth. Toynami is just bad by association.