Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

I also took the chance and got the tread(beta fighter) from toynami. I bought it at frank and son today for $110 not to bad ^_^ have not opened it yet, kind of scared to.

Wow. Hot damn Frank and Sons has them for $110? Which booth was selling them? I might have to take a trip there next week then. If the beta proves to be a good toy.

:lol:

Wow. Hot damn Frank and Sons has them for $110? Which booth was selling them? I might have to take a trip there next week then. If the beta proves to be a good toy.

It was the very frist row when you come in from the back. It was the only booth selling them didn't see it anywhere else and for 110, I had to take a chance.

Here is my first impressions of the toynami beta fighter. The bar that hold the legs to the body is real loose and could be a weak point :unsure: , time will tell. Second the link up is slightly better than the cm’s link up but not that great either <_< you can not flip the toy upside down and it does not click into place but also use gravity to help stay in place. Just my two cents

Edited by will74

I really want the red one, and possibly the dark. I hope that at least the red one makes it into production. (I've got some worries, given the state of the economy.)

I have to say that after playing with the toynami version and the cm version of the tread. I really like the look of the cm version better. It feels more soild in my hand than the more metal toynami version. Do not get me wrong the toynami version so far does not seem to have any QC issue so far and does look good, I like the look of the cm tread better.

It was the very frist row when you come in from the back. It was the only booth selling them didn't see it anywhere else and for 110, I had to take a chance.

I saw one in the booth across from Yoshi, but it didn't have a price tag on it. Damn, if I knew it was only 110 I might have picked it up. Was kind of hesitant because I don't have an Alpha.

I was looking for one today at Frank and Sons and only saw a blue one (Toynami Masterpiece, not Aoshima Legioss) at one booth for $260 :ph34r: I was over it after seeing that.

Edited by chowyunskinny

Sorry could not upload Pic. The connection for the toynami is better than cm's but not that much in my opinion.

Well the CM's one connection wasn't really a connection in the first place so what does that make toynami's? Could you hold it up without the alpha falling off or dipping out of position? Are the joints on the beta nice a clicky or are they crappy friction joints that will get loose after 5 transformations? How's the paint and part fitment?

Well the CM's one connection wasn't really a connection in the first place so what does that make toynami's? Could you hold it up without the alpha falling off or dipping out of position? Are the joints on the beta nice a clicky or are they crappy friction joints that will get loose after 5 transformations? How's the paint and part fitment?

No the connection on the toynami will allow you to hold it up with falling. They do have "clicky" joints on the leg connections but the clicky is really loud and a little scary nothing has broken so far I have transformed it three times the paint is a little off, the color on the beta is a little more purple than blue but it is close enough. The fit and finish on the paint so very good this time no overspray that i can see only the legs are loose because of the metal content in the lower half.

No the connection on the toynami will allow you to hold it up with falling. They do have "clicky" joints on the leg connections but the clicky is really loud and a little scary nothing has broken so far I have transformed it three times the paint is a little off, the color on the beta is a little more purple than blue but it is close enough. The fit and finish on the paint so very good this time no overspray that i can see only the legs are loose because of the metal content in the lower half.

Sweet the connection already sounds miles better than the CM's. Toynami putting ratcheting joints on the beta woot! Paint being pretty decent on the beta as well? Hot damn now I'm kind of interested in picking on of these guys up. Plain and simple hell has frozen over. Glad to hear some feedback guys!

QC issues already... orz

What might that be? I see the machine gun part from the leg being held in it's hand, but without some form of translation I don't know why. If it's just a loose fit part, then a tad bit of glue will hold it in place. I don't think that part would be crucial to any transformation aspects.

I've finished photoshoots of all the other recent releases, I pulled the MPC Alphas and Aoshima Legiosses out of storage, and the photo area is ready to roll. Unfortunately, I haven't even gotten a shipping notice yet. I'm excited to put this thing through its paces though so turn around time from my getting it to my putting up a post shouldn't be very long.