Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Well, in the last 2 or 3 months I tracked almost all toynami blue alphas being auctioned/sold on eBay (yes, an ebay freak I am).

Their final prices were:

$173 - $135 - $202 - $255 - $187 - $195 - $232 - $250 - $169 - $130

So, we can say that on an average a blue MPC can cost around $193.

And people thought I was crazy when I bought one for $60 shipped a few years back...

Any clue if it can hook up to the Super Poseable Alpha from Toynami? I have the transformable one, but I'd rather not have to transform it to pose for robot mode pics. The Super Poseable Alpha was about the same size if I remember correctly?

Edited by protostar8

If no one answers the superposeable question I can try it out when mine comes in.

Thanks! I'm actually gonna get my old IMAI kit out and finish painting it. Then I'll consider buying a Beta. What's the cheapest place or person I can find selling one? I live in GA by the way.

Edited by protostar8

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the pilot is not precisely scaled and is only roughly scaled to the toy its meant to occupy. The size of the generally dependent on the size they leave in the cockpit as the overall dimensions of the toy are more important. For example, the 1/60 pilot figure for the VF-1 toys are not consistent with the 1/60 pilot figure for a PG Gundam kit. However, both robots are in the proper 1/60. The pilot figure is really just an afterthought in most cases.

Actually, I don't understand the point you are making. The pilot is the same scale as the Veritech MPC (1/55) and the box says 1/55.

No, it's not. It's somewhere between the two if measured by soldier mode. It's like 1/40 if measured in fighter mode (because the legs don't collapse enough... but no Alpha/Legioss toy has ever accurately pulled off the tiny dimensions of fighter properly.

Edited by jenius

The Alpha was my first Toynami. I was pretty happy with it...cept for the paint apps.

But $255?? It must have been somebody that didn't have the forethought to gamble on Toynami ever releasing the Beta. Or it was an impulse buy.

I'd wager that it was a bidding war thing. People get crazy when they compete with somebody else for something and often pay way more than it's worth.

Just an update for those of you waiting on my review. I think my order didn't actually ship until today... and even then it may have shipped at the very end of the day. That probably means I won't get it until Thursday at the earliest. I had planned to drink heavily and not be around much this weekend so it looks like my review might not be up as quickly as I had hoped (I was really hoping I'd be taking pictures tonight). I did pull my superposeable out of storage and I have my CMs Tread handy so the review looks like it will be pretty complete as soon as this thing finally makes it to me.

But you can still drink heavily! Tis the season to be jolly Jenius bloke! Ahh we can wait a little longer i'm sure. :)

Agreed. Waited this long to make a decision on buying an overpriced brick, I can wait a little longer.

I forgot, how many of these are being produced? Was it 15,000?

Anyone else looking forward to Beagle's Ride Armor? The blog posts on Over-Drive sound really promising, even if it is a little on the expensive side. The proportions are the closest to spot-on and they got the bike mode correct so at least it doesn't look like Ley/Rey/Ray is riding a pocketbike like with the other two.

Vostok 7

Anyone else looking forward to Beagle's Ride Armor? The blog posts on Over-Drive sound really promising, even if it is a little on the expensive side. The proportions are the closest to spot-on and they got the bike mode correct so at least it doesn't look like Ley/Rey/Ray is riding a pocketbike like with the other two.

Me. But....I'm going to wait for others to review this thing. So expensive! But I've got my money ready for when I decide to get it. So is beagle doing all the characters or just stick?

Glad toynami decided to release the beta. The end of the world must be coming very soon for them to do that. Too bad the alpha are crap though. If only the CMs had the connection thing done properly. Oh well I am still happy with the CMs I own.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Vostok 7

Me!!! I have already preordered and payed for it ^_^

Me. But....I'm going to wait for others to review this thing. So expensive! But I've got my money ready for when I decide to get it. So is beagle doing all the characters or just stick?

Glad toynami decided to release the beta. The end of the world must be coming very soon for them to do that. Too bad the alpha are crap though. If only the CMs had the connection thing done properly. Oh well I am still happy with the CMs I own.

I forget which site I saw it on last week, but one of them, when you search for "MOSPEADA" shows the Stick one shipping in June, then I think the Ray one in March, and Yellow in June, if I remember correctly. No pictures though.

I forget which site I saw it on last week, but one of them, when you search for "MOSPEADA" shows the Stick one shipping in June, then I think the Ray one in March, and Yellow in June, if I remember correctly. No pictures though.

Any mention of Houquet? That's the only 1 I want. I only collect girl figures of teams. Cheaper, since there's usually only 1 (e.g. Jun in Gatchaman), unless it's an all-girl team, of course.

And yeah, I think hot pink is cool as a ridearmor colour. :lol:

I hate to say, as much as I hate Toynami with a passion, I'm tempted to buy the Toynami Cyclone just because it's a good $20-30 cheaper before shipping than the Japanese Beagle version. I hope Toynami's meddling doesn't go further than just reboxing it in a nice box. Guess I'll wait to see what the reviews look like. Of course, if the Yen comes down then the price difference doesn't mean much.

Vostok 7

Any mention of Houquet? That's the only 1 I want. I only collect girl figures of teams. Cheaper, since there's usually only 1 (e.g. Jun in Gatchaman), unless it's an all-girl team, of course.

http://www.toywiz.us/search.php?search=rob...ew&section=

Scott in January, Lancer in March, Rand in May.

So, are you buying all of the Bubblgegum Crisis motoslaves?

Pretty sure that info is wrong. The original Japanese dates were Stig in November, Ray in March with no dates announced for the other two. Since then Stig has been delayed two months so it's quite possible Ray will also be delayed. Since Ray was all but done he may still hit the March target but I can't see a way in which Yellow would somehow be released before him... Yellow requires quite a bit of retooling.

Pretty sure that info is wrong. The original Japanese dates were Stig in November, Ray in March with no dates announced for the other two. Since then Stig has been delayed two months so it's quite possible Ray will also be delayed. Since Ray was all but done he may still hit the March target but I can't see a way in which Yellow would somehow be released before him... Yellow requires quite a bit of retooling.

There may be a lot wrong here, as this is the site using the old non-Beagle picture for Stig/Scott too. However, as they're priced a full $50 less than anyone else... worth keeping an eye on.

I hate to say, as much as I hate Toynami with a passion, I'm tempted to buy the Toynami Cyclone just because it's a good $20-30 cheaper before shipping than the Japanese Beagle version. I hope Toynami's meddling doesn't go further than just reboxing it in a nice box. Guess I'll wait to see what the reviews look like. Of course, if the Yen comes down then the price difference doesn't mean much.

Ah never thought about that. I wonder if the quality is going to differ? I don't mind toynami having control over the box, just hope the toy is the same thing. The different head doesn't look too bad imo.

.. that's some good thinking there. :D But i'm gonna collect all the main characters for the MH ride armours though... well, i'm 3/4's there already!

The Beagle Houquet would have to be sooo awesome! Hurry up beagle. Take my money.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

http://www.toywiz.us/search.php?search=rob...ew&section=

Scott in January, Lancer in March, Rand in May.

So, are you buying all of the Bubblgegum Crisis motoslaves?

Thanks.

I had the 4 original BGC poseable figures from Atelier Sai. 2 sets each. But the joint quality isn't good.

After that, I bought the revoltech stuff. Same disappointment. Then I bought the figma stuff. Same issues. Before all these, I had a number of Valks. Same sadness. So far no poseable Japanese toys have good quality joints. (except maybe the poseable dolfies and dollstuff but I won't know since I don't have 1)

So, to cut a long story short, I stopped buying poseable Japanese toys, including the Yamato Motoslaves. (I'm glad I did wait until after the reviews come out, which isn't very positive. Also, as expected from Yamato, they are reissuing the Motoslave, now in a brand new shiny metalic paint scheme. Re-issues in new colors seemed to be Yamato's favourite activity. Just look at their recent Ignis release or their Cobra-Kai sculpted Kanu) :mellow:

Guess I will wait for the recommendations of my peers here in Macrossworld and other figure review sites before plonking down my hard-earned dollars for Yamato's Motoslaves.

Edited by blacklotus

.. that's some good thinking there. :D But i'm gonna collect all the main characters for the MH ride armours though...

The Beagle Houquet would have to be sooo awesome! Hurry up beagle. Take my money.

I want all the Beagle ridearmor stuff too, but only if the quality is top notched. The scale's bigger, and the sculpt is more accurate. But at over US$250 per 20cm figure excluding EMS shipping, and with the recent global recession, I've to be more practical and stick to my budget and plan.

If I've not lost quite a bit of money in my investments, I might make the exception. Still, no point crying over spilt milk. ^_^

And I've still got plenty of cheaper, fixed posed castoffable figures to buy. Especially after the 2009 Feb WonderFest.

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?imgurl=htt...=image&cd=1

Was the GIANT ridearmor above ever made? I just come across this image. It's BIGGER than an Alpha fighter! :blink:

That looks like a re-cast from the 1980's Gakken transformable cyclone. It did find its way over to America in the mid and late 1980's under the Robotech brandname. I think Matchbox released it back then.

That looks like a re-cast from the 1980's Gakken transformable cyclone. It did find its way over to America in the mid and late 1980's under the Robotech brandname. I think Matchbox released it back then.

Thanks. I think this is the one my rich classmate has when I was still in secondary aka high school. It does bring back fond memories. ^_^