Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

I did a review when the V2 1/60 VF-1S Strike was first released. The rview was discussed in the old thread.

Graham's Review

For some reason, I forgot to link it to the main site.

Graham

Thanks Graham!!

As always great review, sorry I missed it originally.

Now I know what my next Macross purchase is. A Hikaru VF-1J!!! I can't wait.

Edited by stram8777

the vf-1d looks cool but i have no money for it. i still have all the originals. the vf-1a tv max and vf-1j max and miria will be the only remaining ones i get if and when they come out.

There was only ONE 1A with a broken hinge we saw and I don't think we've seen a single broken shoulder since. The odds are much better than 50/50 on you not having shoulder problems from what we've seen so far.

i agree with what genius said.. the odds are much better than 50/50 come on guys

honestly i cant believe people are still bitching about the 1/60 ver2 vf-1 shoulders until today. :wacko:

True that. I also wish that preorders could be paid for when the item comes out instead of having to be paid for instantly.

Damn it, that's the ONLY reason why I don't always order from OverDrive. Hell, I'd pull the plug for the VF-1D in a heartbeat if I could have the "pay later" option. Or SAL shipping. :( Ah well, I'll probably wait for HLJ early bird for this one.

i agree with what genius said.. the odds are much better than 50/50 come on guys

honestly i cant believe people are still bitching about the 1/60 ver2 vf-1 shoulders until today. :wacko:

This is Macrossworld, get used to it.

People will still be bitching about the shoulders 10 years from now! :D

Graham

are you kidding? people still bring up Tab B as why yamato sucks.

Bitching? You'd be just as miffed if you had one of them.

Believe me...as an owner of the 1st edition VF-0S and v2.0 VF-1S that bitching is warranted.

are you kidding? people still bring up Tab B as why yamato sucks.

Wow does the Tab B thing really bring back memories. I remember back in the golden age of Macross World Graham used to sport the his picture of the wall of Yamato Macross Plus Valks. That was a great sight at the time. Now I could probably put that together for the price of a Low Vis Ver 1. lol

Bitching? You'd be just as miffed if you had one of them.

Believe me...as an owner of the 1st edition VF-0S and v2.0 VF-1S that bitching is warranted.

I don't know, I have the all first editions of all those, and they are all just fine on mine. While I don't negate the fact that there are/have been issues, I don't think everyone has an issue with the ver.2 Valks. I will say this re: the ver.2 Valks, they don't seem to have the problems that they originally had. My 1A and 1J seem to be alright, with no stress marks on any shoulder hinges (knock on wood, of course). BTW, I just placed my preorder for the 1D, absolutely awesome. :D

The shoulders on my V2 VF-1A Hikaru & VF-1J Hikaru are fine.

Heck, even my V2 VF-1S Focker production version and preproduction test shot are both fine.

The shoulder issue really surprised me when it first cropped up, as I really abused my test shot. I mean I was really rough on it and it hasn't shown a hint of any problems.

Still haven't taken my VF-1S Hikaru out of the box yet, despite buying it before Christmas.

Graham

Indeed it is.

The shoulder issue really surprised me when it first cropped up, as I really abused my test shot. I mean I was really rough on it and it hasn't shown a hint of any problems.

Yes but you also told us how you handle it, and it's just like the way we handle it; carefully. When I first saw the crack in the hinge I thought I was just seeing a mold line, or just seeing things, months later I was able to feel it. Yes I can get replacement parts via OverDrive and I am thankful that you helped set that up, but the truth is, the shoulder hinges prevent the new 1/60 VF-1 from being the most durable VF-1 toy that Yamato has made. It's solid in every place that the 1/48 isn't, is much more poseable and more durable except for the hinges. Why cheap pin could take down a $100+ dollar toy baffles me.

honestly i cant believe people are still bitching about the 1/60 ver2 vf-1 shoulders until today.

Really? Well when Yamato fixes the problem the criticism will stop. I don't think it can be called bitch**ng unless some fanboy rant is implemented, like "oh man YAmato sucks why didn't they bla bla OH MAN WHY DIDN'T YAMATO GET TO MAKE THIS OMG MY INTERNETZ"!

Here, I took the bitching to a whole new level!

When I graduated college I was delighted to see

The toy I always wanted, A Mac Plus YF-19

It couldn't hold its gun but I was still pleased

Then I tried to transform it and broke it's "tab B"

Some time later my YF-21 lost its shoulder

but you couldn't tell depending how ya hold her

A promotion and wage increase made me bolder

So I got a 1/48 that broke at the backpack folder

I then purchased my next toy, the VF-11B

Only to find my new toy's hips had leprosy

Perhaps a VF-19A would reduce this agony?

It might have had the paint not been so flaky

Another VF-1 toy would soon be made mine

A diecast partsformer of questionable design

Missing screw covers and crooked guns made me whine

And despite all the flaws I bought at least nine

My 0S was the floppiest bird you ever did see

Like a worm with wings and narcolepsy

So I left it in battroid posed menacingly

Then the arms fell off in a strong breeze

I was so upset I nearly skipped the 1/60 19

but I got it, in fighter it shoots its own knees

I even got the LEs for the 25th anniversary

My favorite “Excalivor” whatever that may be

With so many heroic failures I got a bad guy

Gumma Ivanov, a kadun of war, tyrant of sky

But his wings were limp, his missiles wouldn’t apply

And a backward hinge left a wing misaligned

Fortunately for me there’s a brand new VF-1

With a design and durability second to none

Follow these steps your toy will be nothing but fun

Remove, smother shoulders with epoxy, you're done!

Edited by jenius

Really? Well when Yamato fixes the problem the criticism will stop. I don't think it can be called bitch**ng unless some fanboy rant is implemented, like "oh man YAmato sucks why didn't they bla bla OH MAN WHY DIDN'T YAMATO GET TO MAKE THIS OMG MY INTERNETZ"!

yamato did fix the problem. People who own subsequent releases have said numerous times that they don't have problems. Should the problem have existed in the first place? obviously not, but replacements are available through 2 retailers. It's not the best solution but the issue seems to have been resolved and an 8 dollar fix available for owners who don't want to fix it themselves.

Jenius, that's really impressive! Many a chuckle and more than a few outright pangs of pain. lol

Edited by eugimon

That being said I'm expecting the VF-1D to have quality control improvements (similar to what Yamato did to the latter 1/48's such as Kakizaki or the Angelbird.

Tight joints, wing flags (and nose cones) that don't fall off, etc....see what I'm getting at here? With all the good news about Hikaru's VF-1J and VF-1S I remain optimistic. ^_^

That being said I'm expecting the VF-1D to have quality control improvements (similar to what Yamato did to the latter 1/48's such as Kakizaki or the Angelbird.

Tight joints, wing flags (and nose cones) that don't fall off, etc....see what I'm getting at here? With all the good news about Hikaru's VF-1J and VF-1S I remain optimistic.

Same here.

By the way can the 2.0's nose cone be opened like the 1/48s? The wing flaps, missile pods, intakes, antennas etc?

None of those bells and whistles except the micro missile launcher and fast pack open up to reveal the inner details.

Edited by IXTL

By the way can the 2.0's nose cone be opened like the 1/48s? The wing flaps, missile pods, intakes, antennas etc?

nope, nope, not sure what you mean, comes with missiles but they don't open like on the 1/48, yup, nope.

Where have you been? No nosecone opening, no missile pod storage (although they are independent missiles), the intakes are just like the 1/48, no air brake, no antenna.