box of the 1/48 1S Hikaru

TheFrenchOne

yeah, I liked the old box better, and what's that I see? the 1/60 gbp-1 armor? Nice! Was that picture posted in the thread about the armor yet? That looks offical already. I can't wait. Can anybody translate what it says? Is it coming out by itself or with the vf-1j it looks like? :p:D:lol:

C'est joli mais je n'achète pas un jouet pour son emballage ... j'ai fait la bêtise une fois avec le Masterpiece VF-1S de Toynami alors quand la version 1/48 de Yamato est sortie je l'ai acheté direct :D

For those who still don't understand French :p I just told TheFrenchOne that I dont' buy a toy for the beauty of its box any more since I did it once with a Veritech from Toynami before I discovered the new 1/48 Macross line from who you know :lol: . However, I must admit that the Yamato's new boxes are nicer than the first black ones :rolleyes:

what do you think about it ?

It's not bad. Are those supposed to be flames? It looks like a Fire Jolly Rancher Valk box. :lol:

Honestly, I don't care too much about the box, though. As long as my Valk is nestled securely in it's plastic bubble, they could put a picture of Pikachu on it for all I care.

Edited by Draykov

I don't even know if I should get the 1s Hikaru. I'm going nuts :angry:

What to do :( , I even think, at this point, that the Hikaru 1S, looks even better than the Focker 1S :angry: Yes, that's how crazy I am right now. The Roy 1S has a;ways been my fav(and other 3 million peoples) but now the Hikaru 1Shunts me. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! See, I can afford the 1J, and the new GBP 1/60 (release date?), but I don't know about the 1S Hikaru at this time.

Kev, TamIM ? can any of you'all lend my a 1S? :lol: I promise I'll pay it back.

vic.

Yeah, you can always sell it if you don't like it after all. B))

I like the Low Vis box best, but that box is just too much of an eye catcher.

I wish they bring back the classic black box. That is eleganice in simplicity.

Agreed... when the black 1/48 box came out it was right after we'd had a HUGE discussion about the MPC box and great toy boxes in general.

The black 1/48 box is simple and timeless. It reminds me of a favorite toy box we'd mentioned, the Dougram. It's just classic, y'all.

But the new ones are nice too, I just think they're trendier. Too photoshoppy.

Nice change. A little distinction from the VF-1A Hikaru. Besides, when Hikaru took the VF-1S, Both Roy and Kakizaki had passed away and Max is in Meltrandi ship, Making him the only skull squad survivor. Doesn't make any sense, I'm just looking at it with parallel reasoning.

Still, the box on its own looks nice.

Heh, it looks like Yamato copied the flame background idea for the VF-1S Hikaru toy box from the Hasegawa VF-1S Strike Battroid model box. Surprised nobody else commented on that!

Graham

do they look the same? i thought the yamato version looks more like burning stone than fire..... :unsure:

Heh, it looks like Yamato copied the flame background idea for the VF-1S Hikaru toy box from the Hasegawa VF-1S Strike Battroid model box. Surprised nobody else commented on that!

Graham

do they look the same? i thought the yamato version looks more like burning stone than fire..... :unsure:

Does it?.....Oh...OK.

Just in the small pic I saw of the box front it looked like flame. I haven't seen it close up yet and won't be getting mine until tomorrow probably.

Graham

uh....let's see....when the M&M's come out i might have enough money to get 3 of each.

That's right! THREE! because by then, yamato might have made a GBP set for the 1/48 -1J, so i can have one w/o the FAST packs, one with the Fast packs, and one with the Armor (and i might repaint the armor so it can go with the right valk, blue for max, red for millia!)

So that box with the blue and the clouds is for the 1/48 1J Super, right? They arent doign a 1J non super?

They are releasing the VF-1J with and without fastpacks, but I'm not sure what the differences in the boxes will be.

1:48 VF-1J, Fast Packs or no Fast Packs???

uh....let's see....when the M&M's come out i might have enough money to get 3 of each.

That's right! THREE! because by then, yamato might have made a GBP set for the 1/48 -1J, so i can have one w/o the FAST packs, one with the Fast packs, and one with the Armor (and i might repaint the armor so it can go with the right valk, blue for max, red for millia!)

*Twiddles thumbs waiting for the 1/48 Max/Milia announcement.*

Edited by Draykov

Max and Millia... always together  :rolleyes:

Damn... that's gonna be around $260USD if I bought it together...  :o

Something makes me think they'll take the same route as the 1/60. If they were to release MM 1/48s (which, as far as I'm concerned, is a foregone conclusion) they will almost certainly release them with fast packs (where else are we gonna get red and blue fast packs?), and they might release clean versions without the FPs, but I doubt they'd bundle two VF-1Js with fast packs. From a marketing standpoint, I'd say it'd be a safer bet to sell them seperately. Somebody who only wants a Max 1J or only wants a Milia 1J might shy away from a $350+ plus bundle (or however much they're going for in Japan). But then, that's probably not what you meant, is it? :lol:

Edited by Draykov

Mmmmm....

1.- A copy? Since Graham said so, yep, might be. <_<

2.- Original? Well, not too much. <_<

3.- Cool? Well, it's cool enough ;)

But, since it's going to (at last!) my first 1/48 yammie, it's simply...

Be-you-ti-fuuuul!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

mcpaz

(a very happy mcpaz. Thanks, Tammin!!!!)